Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It seems to me like someone in leadership actually read the book of James. We condemn ourselves when we show favoritism or partiality in judging others. Sin is sin, homosexuality is not somehow worse than the sins of other church members. We are all called to love our neighbors as we love ourselves. Because we all commit sin.

I think it is a bold move for the Pope. I respect him for being unafraid to follow the Lord's will, knowing the persecution that will follow.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It seems to me like someone in leadership actually read the book of James. We condemn ourselves when we show favoritism or partiality in judging others. Sin is sin, homosexuality is not somehow worse than the sins of other church members. We are all called to love our neighbors as we love ourselves. Because we all commit sin.

I think it is a bold move for the Pope. I respect him for being unafraid to follow the Lord's will, knowing the persecution that will follow.

It is not a "judgment." It is an obvious observation and an admission on their part that they are committing this sin and have no intention to discontinue. Would we say the same thing to serial killers and child rapists? "I realize you are a serial killer, but we accept you into the fold and do not condemn you for your sin; we are sinners too, so have at it. Would you like to be a deacon?"

1 Corinthians 6:9 LITV
9 Or do you not know that unjust ones will not inherit the kingdom of God?
Do not be led astray, neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexuals,

1 Timothy 1:9-10 LITV
9 knowing this, that Law is not laid down for a righteous one, but for lawless and undisciplined ones,
for ungodly and sinful ones, for unholy and profane ones, for slayers of fathers and slayers of mothers, for murderers,
10 for fornicators, for homosexuals, for slave-traders, for liars, for perjurers, and if any other thing opposes sound doctrine,

We would never pat murderers on the back and tell them it's ok, murdering is ok, don't worry about it, we will not judge you!
We ignore these verses and warnings at our peril. We are not being progressive, compassionate, or understanding when we wink at these. We are leading these lost ones into damnation. When I was saved half a century ago, there were things I was doing that were sins. I even continued in those ways for years! But the Spirit convicted me of these, and I had to stop. I could not continue if I wanted to walk with the Lord. I am talking about occult stuff, sins of the flesh, and pride. But these things have to be shed. And we then do harm when we suggest they can continue on that walk with no concern.

"Unjust ones will not inherit the kingdom of God."

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is not a "judgment." It is an obvious observation and an admission on their part that they are committing this sin and have no intention to discontinue. Would we say the same thing to serial killers and child rapists? "I realize you are a serial killer, but we accept you into the fold and do not condemn you for your sin; we are sinners too, so have at it. Would you like to be a deacon?"

1 Corinthians 6:9 LITV
9 Or do you not know that unjust ones will not inherit the kingdom of God?
Do not be led astray, neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexuals,

1 Timothy 1:9-10 LITV
9 knowing this, that Law is not laid down for a righteous one, but for lawless and undisciplined ones,
for ungodly and sinful ones, for unholy and profane ones, for slayers of fathers and slayers of mothers, for murderers,
10 for fornicators, for homosexuals, for slave-traders, for liars, for perjurers, and if any other thing opposes sound doctrine,

We would never pat murderers on the back and tell them it's ok, murdering is ok, don't worry about it, we will not judge you!
We ignore these verses and warnings at our peril. We are not being progressive, compassionate, or understanding when we wink at these. We are leading these lost ones into damnation. When I was saved half a century ago, there were things I was doing that were sins. I even continued in those ways for years! But the Spirit convicted me of these, and I had to stop. I could not continue if I wanted to walk with the Lord. I am talking about occult stuff, sins of the flesh, and pride. But these things have to be shed. And we then do harm when we suggest they can continue on that walk with no concern.

"Unjust ones will not inherit the kingdom of God."

How does asking for God's blessing make two people who love each other unjust? They're not sinning in the church. Nor should you assume anything about what goes on behind closed doors. RIP Charlie Rich haha.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I like the quote from the middle of this article:

"For those seeking a blessing should not be required to have prior moral perfection."

I think it applies to us all. The statement further says that a blessing "is a seed of the Holy Spirit that must be nurtured, not hindered."

I agree with SavedByGrace3 in that we must shed our fleshly sinful habits for our faith to be genuine. And what better blessing could these folks receive than asking God to bless them and finding Jesus when that seed from the Holy Spirit finds purchase?

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟109,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I like the quote from the middle of this article:

"For those seeking a blessing should not be required to have prior moral perfection."

I think it applies to us all. The statement further says that a blessing "is a seed of the Holy Spirit that must be nurtured, not hindered."

I agree with SavedByGrace3 in that we must shed our fleshly sinful habits for our faith to be genuine. And what better blessing could these folks receive than asking God to bless them and finding Jesus when that seed from the Holy Spirit finds purchase?
That would require them to repent of their sins and turn from it, which includes homosexuality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That would require them to repent of their sins and turn from it, which includes homosexuality.

Which would logically be easier for them to do if they have a seed of the Holy Spirit from the blessing. They're not condoning same sex marriage. They simply are saying love can help save them better than judgment can help.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟675,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A "Blessing" doesn't mean condoning.

"The document from the Vatican’s doctrine office released Monday reaffirmed its previous statements saying marriage is a sacrament between a man and a woman. But the document says requests for blessings from same-sex couples should not be denied, so long as the blessing is not conferred at the same time as a civil union, using set rituals or with the clothing and gestures that are part of a wedding."

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟109,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Which would logically be easier for them to do if they have a seed of the Holy Spirit from the blessing. They're not condoning same sex marriage. They simply are saying love can help save them better than judgment can help.
Unfortunately in today's "love is love" society they are going to assume you condone every vile abomination they commit. If they receive a blessing along with a friendly reminder that homosexuality is a sin, you become "literally Hitler" regardless. May as well drop the truth bomb on them from the get go.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
bye-seinfeld.gif

• Haha
Reactions: zippy2006
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
It's his last days if not the last days for all of us.
He is probably getting towards the end of his life, but I do believe there will be a huge cleansing and revival of the Church within the next few decades IMHO. Christ promised the gates of hell will not prevail.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Apostasy there. And there are a lot of faithful Catholics who agree.
Faithful Catholics will never support same-sex "marriage" or the sin it breeds.

Upvote 0

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
What is going on in the Catholic church? Never thought I would have seen this headline in my lifetime.

They can "bless" all they want . . . they aren't from the Eternal God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
What is going on in the Catholic church? Never thought I would have seen this headline in my lifetime.

Next they will be blessing adulterous couples. After all, "they love each other". Is that not enough? Depends on whether you take God seriously or not.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Since when has blessing sin been acceptable to Christians? Paul rebuked the Corinthians for tolerating the man living with his father's wife. We are required to judge in the church. You need to get acquainted with God's word. Unless you consider yourself the ultimate authority. This is what God's word has to say, just so that you know.

1 Corinthians 6:9

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who submit to or perform homosexual acts, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.…"

Upvote 0