Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Well...say what you will, there are at least two families who were in need that now have a safe place to live. :)
tulc(very much likes this Pope) :)

I agree that it is a blessing that two families are safe and have a place to lay their weary heads.

No argument there.

Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

But it is important to read the context that the verse you are using before applying it. It can be easy to make the Scriptures say anything you want if you cherry-pick your verses, taking them out of context.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Ah, yes...the irony. The leader of the richest religious organization in the world, with cash, gold, property, and art holdings totaling in the hundreds of billions of dollars... telling everyone else they'd better be charitable or give up their tax exempt status.

When he sent out that message, did he do it from the car phone installed in the G-class Mercedes that he rolls around in?

doing-it-wrong-pope.png

Valid point.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But it is important to read the context that the verse you are using before applying it. It can be easy to make the Scriptures say anything you want if you cherry-pick your verses, taking them out of context.

I read them in context and I confirm them elsewhere,

I have way too much to post and all folks do is wrangle scripture and I am not having a problem with it.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The problem is that you don't allow your enemy to enter your country.
I'm sure Native American would agree. Whoops! too late for them. I'm sure they are no worse than the original Christians were.

Upvote 0