Poor Christians are deluded by 'grab it' gospel

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
5th April 2003 at 08:48 AM Blackhawk said this in Post #118

How? And then what do you do when you sin? Do you say you are not of God then?

Huh? How is sin from the spirit but not from the rest of the body Where do you find that in scripture? 

Hello Blackhawk.
I have always been somewhat mystified that most of the time WOF is associated with the teachings about prosperity and healing. Yet of all the teaching that the WOF presents, by far the most significant is the teaching about being "In Christ",how this relates to our relationship with the Father. The "physical" blessings taught by WOF get more play, but the new creation realities and fellowshiping the Father is the true heart of our teachings.

If you would take the time to look at the writings of E.W. Keyon, the man who is the real "father of the faith movement", you will see that the majority of his wrtings have titles like "New Creation Realities", "The Hidden Man", "The Father and His Family","In His Presence","A New Kind of Love"... many others. My life changed in 1977 when I purchased the entire set of these wonderful books.

Get'em:
http://www.kenyons.org/

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
5th April 2003 at 07:44 AM Blackhawk said this in Post #117

I guess an evangelical would just call it being spirit lead.  Howver I think everyone can be spirit lead and do not need to receive any other gift after conversion besdes just the continual indweling of the Holy Spirit. 

Other than helping you to discern what is of God, sensing the annointing has very little to do with being lead by the Spirit.  You have to be able to hear God in order to be lead by the Spirit, which you can do without ever feeling the annointing.  Because the annointing is on everything that is of God you can not rely upon it to lead you anywhere, because God's leading is personal.  You can only use it to help you discern whether or not the leading that you are following is of God.

As I have said, the annointing is a fingerprint, a sign if you will, that this belongs to God.

Hmm sounds like Origen.  Is this belief influenced by him in anyway?  He thought there were three inerpretations to ever scripture.  And what he said sounds much like what you just did.  The problem with what he did is that he could make scripture say what he wanted it to say not what it did say.  Vut this si another topic.  We can discuss it more if you want to start another thread.

I don't know who this person is.  The idea that I was talking about is that has three different meanings in how it relates to us.  In other word it effect each level of us and is not just limited to one part of our being.  The word of God was not just written for our mind, so that we know how God thinks, or what He is like.  It was not just written for our flesh, so that we can read some nice stories.  It is also written for our spirit so that we can know God on a intimate level.

How? And then what do you do when you sin? Do you say you are not of God then?

Huh? How is sin from the spirit but not from the rest of the body Where do you find that in scripture?

If you start with the basic premiss that in Christ there is no sin, It is not hard to understand that if you get in Christ you can not sin.  Being in Christ means that you are constantly aware of Him, you think like Him, you constantly hear Him, you always know what He is doing and what He is going to do next.  And you only do what you see Him do.  As soon as you sin, you cannot be in Him anymore (but your spirit still is, since your spirit always remains holy). 

Obviously, when you sin, your mind is not on God, or anything that God wants.  The mind is filled with selfish desires, that give way to the sin.  You cannot say that such a mind is in Christ at that point.  But if the mind were to stay focased upon Christ, aware of His leading and comunication, then it is very difficult to sin because that would mean imediate seperation from the comuication with God.  When you are having that type of fellowship with God you don't want to leave.  Your spirit doesn't lose comunication with God, but your soul stops listening to your spirit (God talks to us through our spirit) and takes control.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
After looking up that guy you mentioned I like to clarify what I mean by the three parts of scripture.

1. flesh- what the scripture plain says.

2. soul- how God is applying His word to my situation, and my relationship with Him.

3. spirit- revelations of scripture, parrallel in scripture (Jonah to Christ, Noah to our salvation, the exedus to the christian walk, etc.) these are the deeper reality of scripture.

Upvote 0

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
"rebuking God did to this righteous man. "

And? The fact is that he said Job was righteous. So all your points about him are inherently flawed. Job didn't get tested because he was sinful and thus most of the WOF theology falls apart.

"If I am redeemed from it than that obviously means that it no longer applies to those in Christ.
"

See your greek and the context I made that statment for more details. :)

"Yes I have gone lengthy periods of time without sinning. As long as I was in Christ I did not sin. "

Sorry, I don't believe you :) Nothing personal, but if Paul, peter and others couldn't do it, then I'd say pretty much all humans can't. I'm in Christ and I sin, I'm human, it happens. Is it okay? Nope, does it happen? Yes.

Upvote 0

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
"1 John 3:6-9 KJV"

Lets look at the context instead of jumping to false conclusions shall we?

"And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. "

John is saying there is no sin in Christ not because you don't sin but because christ has taken it away. You sin, but it is forgiven already when you became a christian. Remember to read the whole passage next time ;)

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Job 34:10-13

10 Far be it from God to do evil, from the Almighty to do wrong. 11 He repays a man for what he has done; he brings upon him what his conduct deserves. 12 It is unthinkable that God would do wrong, that the Almighty would pervert justice.

Job 36:10-12

10 He makes them listen to correction and commands them to repent of the evil. 11 If they obey and serve him, they will spend the rest of their days in prosperity and their years in contentment. 12 But if they do not listen, they will perish by the sword and die without knowledge.

Upvote 0

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
"Job 34:10-13 "

As usual you're missing the context :) In relation to what is happening Job is saying, I haven't dont anything wrong, if I have show me. The response is that God doesn't do things friviously, there is a reason for this...reading chapter 1 you should know the reason, God is testing Job, not because job is sinful in God's sight.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.