• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

polycystic ovary syndrome

Jan800

Mar 31, 2016
AZ
✟28,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
My 18 year old daughter has pcos. I would like to hear from other girls/ladies with this. How much does it put a damper on your life? My daughter hasn't even shown interest in getting her driver permit. Right now she is on another birth control plll b/c her periods were so heavy and painful. She missed the deadline for fall semester at college (she's very bright) b/c she has to take a math assesment class before she can register. I'm talking to her about getting a job until that time. I feel like I'm pulling teeth....help..advice welcome! and thanks

gloriousday2006

Jul 8, 2017
Fargo
✟31,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
My 18 year old daughter has pcos. I would like to hear from other girls/ladies with this. How much does it put a damper on your life? My daughter hasn't even shown interest in getting her driver permit. Right now she is on another birth control plll b/c her periods were so heavy and painful. She missed the deadline for fall semester at college (she's very bright) b/c she has to take a math assesment class before she can register. I'm talking to her about getting a job until that time. I feel like I'm pulling teeth....help..advice welcome! and thanks

I will be praying for your daughter. I got diagnosed with PCOS at a very young age. I have faced many challenges with it including weight gain, hirtuism, metabolic syndrome, lack of periods or sometimes heavy periods for months at a time. But, there are many different levels of severity...I have it very severe.

I would say even with all of these challenges you can make it through. Is it easy, no...but, it could always be much worse. God is good all the time. This life is short. You do the best with all of the challenges you face and try to do your best to bring glory to God.

Your daughter can get through. If she needs anyone to talk, I would be more than happy to help her. There will always be troubles in this life but our God has OVERCOME. Tell her to stay strong, and push through...God has an AMAZING plan for her life.

Upvote 0

Jan800

Mar 31, 2016
AZ
✟28,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I will be praying for your daughter. I got diagnosed with PCOS at a very young age. I have faced many challenges with it including weight gain, hirtuism, metabolic syndrome, lack of periods or sometimes heavy periods for months at a time. But, there are many different levels of severity...I have it very severe.

I would say even with all of these challenges you can make it through. Is it easy, no...but, it could always be much worse. God is good all the time. This life is short. You do the best with all of the challenges you face and try to do your best to bring glory to God.

Your daughter can get through. If she needs anyone to talk, I would be more than happy to help her. There will always be troubles in this life but our God has OVERCOME. Tell her to stay strong, and push through...God has an AMAZING plan for her life.

did it hamper your ability to enjoy life, did you get depressed? Or not want to go thru things?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I command that this part of her body resumes its normal function and the affliction leaves her right now.

Upvote 0

gloriousday2006

Jul 8, 2017
Fargo
✟31,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
did it hamper your ability to enjoy life, did you get depressed? Or not want to go thru things?
I assume it affects everyone differently. The symptoms could make you depressed, but it is certainly not something you can't work there. Make sure you take her to the doctor as there are many treatment options to help.

Upvote 0