Jul 29, 2011
✟268.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I like to think of myself as a small 'd' democrat. Oddly enough, America's founding fathers thought of pure democracy as nothing more than the will of the majority "unduly" infringing on the will of the minority: something I've never been able to forgive them for. Referendums, initiatives, and the popular vote are the foundation of a transparent government and honest society.

Upvote 0

oworm

Veteran
Nov 24, 2003
United States
Visit site
✟12,171.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
I have political views but I try to keep them to myself. If there's one thing I hate its making political statements from the pulpit in favor of one particular party. We have had a few visitors leave our church never to return because of this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Calvinist Dark Lord

Apr 8, 2003
Near Pittsburgh, which is NOT in Scotland!
✟27,806.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have political views but I try to keep them to myself. If theres one thing I hate its making political statements from the pulpit in favor of one particular party. We have had a few visitors leave out church never to return because of this.
i have politics as well, and find myself more and more these days concerned about keeping Caesar and God in opposite corners, and not encroaching on each other.

It is why i carry the political affiliation that i carry.

i don't want Caesar presuming to enforce the peripheral dictates of a religion with the power of the state behind them.

i also do not want the Church presuming to dictate the laws of the state to men not under it's jurisdiction.

i'd believe differently had Paul spoken of a "Let's Clean up Corinth For Jesus" campaign in his epistles. However, he never did concern himself with such matters, but rather limited his concern to matters of the Church.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HiredGoon

Old School Presbyterian
Dec 16, 2003
✟4,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I take the political compass test I usually end up somewhere around here:
pcgraphpng.php

Current 2012 U.S. presidential candidates:
us2012.php

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
M

mothcorrupteth

I'm a small-t theonomist, of the small-government variety. If you don't know the difference, capital-T Theonomists (i.e., modern theonomists orChristian Reconstructionists) are universally small government. Small-t theonomists (i.e., classical theonomists) can be big government or small government, and which one you are basically comes down to how you interpret Isaiah 49:23.

So basically, I think the only just laws are the ones that the government can show to be based on the Ten Commandments and the judicial laws of general equity (moral case laws). Anything beyond that is autonomous legalism. Consequently, I think a lot like a libertarian, but not in every respect.

Upvote 0