West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Polio is found in the U.K. for the first time in nearly 40 years.

Polio is found in the U.K. for the first time in nearly 40 years. Here's what it means

Is there about to be a polio virus outbreak in the UK?

So it turns out, 2022 really does seem to be the year for infectious diseases: with Covid-19 cases rising again, a reported outbreak of monkeypox and now, traces of the polio virus have been discovered in London. But is the new detected polio anything to worry about? And will wearing a face mask help protect you from polio?

Traces of polio were picked up following a routine inspection at the Beckton Sewage Treatment Works, leading the UK Health Security Agency to declare a national incident. According to the NHS, it is easily spread through coughs or sneezes, and can be caught from food, water or being in contact with the poo of a person with the virus.

It's believed the traces of multiple closely-related polio viruses were found in the faecal samples between February and May, and currently it's thought that the spread is between individuals who are close to one another (e.g. family members) and that those people are now 'flushing out' the virus through their faeces.

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's not their fault…
Yes, it is. Polio would have gone the way of small pox had there not been people fighting the push to eradicate what remained of it.

• Agree
Reactions: Belk and Tanj
Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
There is no way if this exists it is natural. It was eradicated decades ago. Like COVID, this was a planned attack on humanity.

The conspiracy forum is that way ----->

Upvote 0

BravoM

Jun 18, 2022
TN
✟2,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, it is. Polio would have gone the way of small pox had there not been people fighting the push to eradicate what remained of it.
"Poliovirus enters the body through the mouth, infecting the first cells with which it comes in contact – the pharynx and intestinal mucosa."
The Americas were declared polio-free in 1994.
The odds of it appearing here are virtually nil.
It's ok if you can't see the truth.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"Poliovirus enters the body through the mouth, infecting the first cells with which it comes in contact – the pharynx and intestinal mucosa."
The Americas were declared polio-free in 1994.

It hadn’t been eradicated world wide, largely thanks to Islamic anti-vaxxers saying the vaccination is a way to sterilize Muslims. Wait that sounds familiar…

Again, thanks anti-vaxxers, glad one of the illnesses you help keep alive has made it back, bravo. Papa nergal is proud.

The odds of it appearing here are virtually nil.
It's ok if you can't see the truth.

The odds are nil based on what calculation?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think its important to acknowledge there's a lot things we don't know and information we'll never be privy to. Anyone who worked for another should realize this. There are things that take place in your company the world never hears about. What comes out is usually controlled. You need an insider to give you the real scoop.

There's a lot things taking place behind closed doors we'll never know of. The same applies in your home. You disclose what you want and keep certain things to yourself. Why would you expect otherwise elsewhere? That's unrealistic.

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks anti-vaxxers

Unlike the covid vaccination(s) + (vax2) (vax3) (vax4) (vax5) (vax6 ....…to infinity and beyond.... the Polio vaccine was/is effective at preventing polio.... and everybody I know had those in their youts.
So….. if you are vaccinated, what are you scrambling about?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Unlike the covid vaccination(s) + (vax2) (vax3) (vax4) (vax5) (vax6 ....…to infinity and beyond.... the Polio vaccine was/is effective at preventing polio.... and everybody I know had those in their youts.
So….. if you are vaccinated, what are you scrambling about?
I’m cheering the anti-vaxxers on, well played another illness saved from extinction, three cheers.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There are many reasons why it hasn't been worldwide. It's not their fault. To assume they are to blame for it and nothing else is absurd.
If you did you're own research into any vaccine you'd be hesitant. Try trusting you God given immune system.
Some vaccines work and others do not.
It’s not the fault of those who fought to keep polio that polio is still around? I see.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Reminder that Africa has been the target of vaccine testing for decades.
Gates who has no degree in Medicine, vaccines, or any higher learning is seen as some "figure" to look to for advice? It's well known he is a Depopulation fanatic.
America has been free of it for a long time. Why not others? Permanent customers are very profitable for him and many leading this world.
A cured person is not profitable.
I don’t see how that anti-vaxx laundry list is a reply to my post.

• Winner
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I ask the same of every atheist and only 5 have ever given a legit response out of the hundreds I've interacted with 99% of them are not here or any Christian space to be productive or learn better. Which one are you?
If you don't believe what is the point of wasting your life here?
To interact with those who think differently.

• Agree
Reactions: ToddNotTodd
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,823.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
There is no way if this exists it is natural. It was eradicated decades ago. Like COVID, this was a planned attack on humanity.
It was not eradicated, it is still in circulation in Pakistan and Afghanistan. With lots of refugees coming from that region...

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,823.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I ask the same of every atheist and only 5 have ever given a legit response out of the hundreds I've interacted with 99% of them are not here or any Christian space to be productive or learn better. Which one are you?
If you don't believe what is the point of wasting your life here?
Thats quite the impressive statistic considering your account hasnt been active for a week.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are many reasons why it hasn't been worldwide. It's not their fault. To assume they are to blame for it and nothing else is absurd.
If you did you're own research into any vaccine you'd be hesitant. Try trusting you God given immune system.
Some vaccines work and others do not.

Speaking of assumptions:
Like COVID, this was a planned attack on humanity.

Of course, you don't know this was a "planned attack."

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From the article:
People infected with polio, or who have been vaccinated with a live version of the virus, shed traces of the virus in their stool – which eventually end up in sewage wastewater. So the current hypothesis is that an infected person brought the virus into London and then spread it to others who weren't immunized.
"It sounds like the outbreak is very small," says virologist Angela Rasmussen, who studies polio at the University of Saskatchewan in Canada. "The outbreak could be within an extended family. Transmission would require a concentration of people who had not yet been vaccinated."

Bottom line, researchers will need more time to find the root cause....

Upvote 0

BravoM

Jun 18, 2022
TN
✟2,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Speaking of assumptions:

Of course, you don't know this was a "planned attack."
It's too new but there is good indication, like COVID, it was. Weird how just in time for the mid-terms, the failed inoculation of the entire human race, and that it ended months ago so they're trying a new "pandemic".
The world was supposed to "end" many times over.
2003 - SARS
2004 - Bird Flu
2005 - Avian Flu
2009 - H1N1 and Why You'll Be Wearing Mask Again
2014 - Chasing Ebola
2016 The Zika virus - Btw is smaller than COVID and there was NO outbreak or anything like this.
2017 - Are we ready for the next pandemic?
2019 - SARS 2 COVID the sequel. Of which there is no long-term testing on any age group, sex based, pregnant mothers, and other targeted groups.
2021 - The "Vaccine" Revolution. First time an mRNA has ever been released and used on the public.
Somehow you think this "smallpox" thing is random and unexpected? Ok.

Upvote 0

BravoM

Jun 18, 2022
TN
✟2,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thats quite the impressive statistic considering your account hasnt been active for a week.
So? I just found this place and going into someone's post history for "ammo" and a statement that has nothing to do with this topic is irrelevant.
I care more about the Christians who follow God rather than cherry pick make up their own versions.
I care about the Truth not someone's subjective truth.
Pretty sure God isn't going to look up your social media history and calculate your Like to Dislike ratio to determine your worth just like He won't on anyone else.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's too new but there is good indication, like COVID, it was. Weird how just in time for the mid-terms, the failed inoculation of the entire human race, and that it ended months ago so they're trying a new "pandemic".
The world was supposed to "end" many times over.
2003 - SARS
2004 - Bird Flu
2005 - Avian Flu
2009 - H1N1 and Why You'll Be Wearing Mask Again
2014 - Chasing Ebola
2016 The Zika virus - Btw is smaller than COVID and there was NO outbreak or anything like this.
2017 - Are we ready for the next pandemic?
2019 - SARS 2 COVID the sequel. Of which there is no long-term testing on any age group, sex based, pregnant mothers, and other targeted groups.
2021 - The "Vaccine" Revolution. First time an mRNA has ever been released and used on the public.
Somehow you think this "smallpox" thing is random and unexpected? Ok.

Um...well, okay. As another poster noted, this is not the conspiracy thread.
Get back to me when you actually have an "indication" based on evidence.

Upvote 0