Police officer kneels on woman's neck – next day she thanks their 'sincere assistance'

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Police officer kneels on woman's neck – next day she thanks their 'sincere assistance'
A video of a policeman pinning down a woman by the neck with his knee while she cries out in pain has caused a furious reaction online, with the police accused of being "shameless, hypocritical and evasive" and of trying to control public opinion.

The woman posted the video on social media on Saturday and accused the police of brutality, but it was swiftly deleted and on Sunday she posted another statement thanking the police for "their sincere communication and assistance," claiming the issue had been resolved and asking people to stop commenting.

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Well, what can I say?
Unfortunately, the first thought I have is that she was probably threatened due to the political effect of the video.

Yes, the police and the DA and the entire justice system is big into threatening you ...

but the threats have teeth, real teeth. The police and the justice system is like the mob, they have zero qualms about going after you and harassing you and/or your family.

DA's are also notorious for throwing the entire book at you escalating charges just to get you to plea-- this should be made illegal but it is a common tactic they use...

Before the era of cell phone cameras, My brother had a nasty encounter with a police officer and he filed a complaint. Well, the police officer and his friends took turns camping out at my brother's place in the morning and would follow my brother to work. If he did the "slightest" thing wrong they wrote him a ticket. Lane change without a turn signal, not stopping 2 seconds at a stop sign, reckless driving, ... they wrote him a ticket 2 or 3 times a week for a month. It got so bad he took a week off from driving, jumped the fence and had a friend pick him up on the next street over. He got a lawyer but the lawyer said there really was nothing they could do because technically the tickets were legal. The lawyer talked to the DA who then talked to the police to get them to stop and they basically stopped after they had satisfied their egos and showed my brother who was boss. Luckily my brother's lease was up in the next month and he moved just because they still occasionally showed up just to mess with him.

Sad truth is, if you get on the wrong side of the police in the wrong county, you have very little actual recourse unless you have money. A smart ego maniac bully cop can make your life a living hell. And sadly, their cop friends will join in on the fun and help him...

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Yes, the police and the DA and the entire justice system is big into threatening you ...

but the threats have teeth, real teeth. The police and the justice system is like the mob, they have zero qualms about going after you and harassing you and/or your family.

DA's are also notorious for throwing the entire book at you escalating charges just to get you to plea-- this should be made illegal but it is a common tactic they use...

Before the era of cell phone cameras, My brother had a nasty encounter with a police officer and he filed a complaint. Well, the police officer and his friends took turns camping out at my brother's place in the morning and would follow my brother to work. If he did the "slightest" thing wrong they wrote him a ticket. Lane change without a turn signal, not stopping 2 seconds at a stop sign, reckless driving, ... they wrote him a ticket 2 or 3 times a week for a month. It got so bad he took a week off from driving, jumped the fence and had a friend pick him up on the next street over. He got a lawyer but the lawyer said there really was nothing they could do because technically the tickets were legal. The lawyer talked to the DA who then talked to the police to get them to stop and they basically stopped after they had satisfied their egos and showed my brother who was boss. Luckily my brother's lease was up in the next month and he moved just because they still occasionally showed up just to mess with him.

Sad truth is, if you get on the wrong side of the police in the wrong county, you have very little actual recourse unless you have money. A smart ego maniac bully cop can make your life a living hell. And sadly, their cop friends will join in on the fun and help him...

This happened in Communist China.

Upvote 0