Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I wasn't aware of this.

I have a lot to learn about SDA.
ECR is not telling you the entire truth.

Ellen White was publishing articles about the Godhead in a well-known Adventist publication, The Review and Herald, as early as May 27, 1890. Here's an excerpt from the article.
The third angel's message will not be comprehended, the light which will lighten the earth with its glory will be called a false light, by those who refuse to walk in its advancing glory. The work that might have been done, will be left undone by the rejecters of truth, because of their unbelief. We entreat of you who oppose the light of truth, to stand out of the way of God's people. Let Heaven-sent light shine forth upon them in clear and steady rays. God holds you to whom this light has come, responsible for the use you make of it. Those who will not hear will be held responsible; for the truth has been brought within their reach, but they despised their opportunities and privileges. Messages bearing the divine credentials have been sent to God's people; the glory, the majesty, the righteousness of Christ, full of goodness and truth, have been presented; the fullness of the Godhead in Jesus Christ has been set forth among us with beauty and loveliness, to charm all whose hearts were not closed with prejudice. We know that God has wrought among us. We have seen souls turn from sin to righteousness. We have seen faith revived in the hearts of the contrite ones. Shall we be like the lepers that were cleansed who went on their way, and only one returned to give glory to God? Let us rather tell of his goodness, and praise God with heart, with pen, and with voice.

You can find the entire article at the following link so if you like you can read the paragraph above within it's context. The Review and Herald

Edit: I posted a excerpt from the SDA Bible Commentaries on the thread ECR started with a sermon making untrue claims that shows Ellen White fully supported the doctrine of the Triune Godhead. Her statements in that quote show the falsity of ECR's claims.

There is a group of anti Godhead SDAs that are very vocal but are also a small minority of the church. They are constantly twisting the truth about SDA beliefs.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's not just the SDA. There is a huge awakening taking place worldwide concerning the Sabbath truth.
That is great!
Do you have any proof of this? I would love to see it so I can share it.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
That is great!
Do you have any proof of this? I would love to see it so I can share it.

Proof as in stats? No; but I see Messianic congregations popping up all over; and I've seen the numbers grow within them. I've seen some stats on how the SDAs are growing in numbers; but I don't have the stats.

It might have been @BobRyan or @LoveGodsWord who posted them.

When I first realized the truth; I went church hopping, hoping to find others who knew. I did this for over ten years with no success. I didn't know about SDAs; and Messianics were virtually nonexistent at that time. I got on line and spoke the truth. I met a lot of resistance. It took a few years before I found someone on line who believed like me. That was about 20 years ago, or more. Now, we're everywhere.

Hallelu Yah!

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Proof as in stats? No; but I see Messianic congregations popping up all over; and I've seen the numbers grow within them. I've seen some stats on how the SDAs are growing in numbers; but I don't have the stats.

When I first realized the truth; I went church hopping, hoping to find others who knew. I did this for over ten years with no success. I didn't know about SDAs; and Messianics were virtually nonexistent at that time. I got on line and spoke the truth. I met a lot of resistance. It took a few years before I found someone on line who believed like me. That was about 20 years ago, or more. Now, we're everywhere.

Hallelu Yah!

Amen!

In Acts 2 there were 3000 added in a single day. In Feb 2015 Christianity Today provided this information about just one Sabbath keeping group - the Seventh-day Adventists noting that they had become the 5th largest Christian denomination in the world. In fact there are on average about 3800 baptism a day in this one Sabbath keeping group alone.

Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
ECR is not telling you the entire truth.

Ellen White was publishing articles about the Godhead in a well-known Adventist publication, The Review and Herald, as early as May 27, 1890. Here's an excerpt from the article.

You can find the entire article at the following link so if you like you can read the paragraph above within it's context. The Review and Herald

Edit: I posted a excerpt from the SDA Bible Commentaries on the thread ECR started with a sermon making untrue claims that shows Ellen White fully supported the doctrine of the Triune Godhead. Her statements in that quote show the falsity of ECR's claims.

There is a group of anti Godhead SDAs that are very vocal but are also a small minority of the church. They are constantly twisting the truth about SDA beliefs.
Gary, it is you who is being disingenuous, intentionally or not, when you state I am anti Godhead... nothing could be further from the truth.
My bigger point in that post was to remind/educate that we as a denomination used to hold to doctrinal beliefs that were contrary to main stream Christendom and have since changed some of them them to suit our acceptance into ecumenical councils.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟96,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Gary, it is you who is being disingenuous, intentionally or not, when you state I am anti Godhead... nothing could be further from the truth.
My bigger point in that post was to remind/educate that we as a denomination used to hold to doctrinal beliefs that were contrary to main stream Christendom and have since changed some of them them to suit our acceptance into ecumenical councils.

So you are in complete agreement with every passage in the following quote from SDA Bible Commentaries vol 7a Appendix A. Right?

There are three living persons of the heavenly trio; in the name of these three great
powers—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit—those who receive Christ by living faith are baptized, and these powers will co-operate with the obedient subjects of heaven in their efforts to live the new life in Christ.—Evangelism, 615.

The Godhead was stirred with pity for the race, and the Father, the Son, and the
Holy Spirit gave themselves to the working out of the plan of redemption.—Counsels
on Health, 222.

Those who proclaim the third angel’s message must put on the whole armor of
God, that they may stand boldly at their post, in the face of detraction and falsehood,
fighting the good fight of faith, resisting the enemy with the word, “It is written.” Keep
yourselves where the three great powers of heaven, the Father, the Son, and the Holy
Spirit, can be your efficiency. These powers work with the one who gives himself
unreservedly to God. The strength of heaven is at the command of God’s believing
ones. The man who takes God as his trust is barricaded by an impregnable wall.—The
Southern Watchman, February 23, 1904, p. 122.

Our sanctification is the work of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It is the
fulfilment of the covenant that God has made with those who bind themselves up with
Him, to stand with Him, with His Son, and with His Spirit in holy fellowship. Have
you been born again? Have you become a new being in Christ Jesus? Then co-operate with the three great powers of heaven who are working in your behalf. Doing this you will reveal to the world the principles of righteousness.—The Signs of the Times, June 19, 1901.

The eternal heavenly dignitaries—God, and Christ, and the Holy Spirit—arming
them [the disciples] with more than mortal energy, ... would advance with them to the
work and convince the world of sin.—Evangelism, 616.

We are to co-operate with the three highest powers in heaven,—the Father, the
Son, and the Holy Ghost,—and these powers will work through us, making us workers
together with God.—Evangelism, 617.

Those who are baptized in the threefold name of the Father, the Son, and the
Holy Spirit, at the very entrance of their Christian life declare publicly that they have
forsaken the service of Satan and have become members of the royal family, children
of the heavenly King.—Testimonies for the Church 6:91.

This is the Adventist version of the Trinity. It's not in complete agreement with the Catholic church's version of the Trinity. But whenever did the devil not have a close counterfeit of God's truth to use in his campaigns of deception? So, to claim that SDAs are following the teachings of the Catholic truth is very deceptive.

The quote from Counsels on Health was originally published in The Australasion Union Conference Record April 1, 1901 Article A pg 10.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟96,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Hallelu Yah!
What I bolded above is oh so true. Speaking truth always brings on opposition. Jesus says that as it was in the days of Noah so shall it be in the day the coming of the Son of Man.

I hardly ever post Ellen White comments to non-SDAs but I will attempt it this time as I see you as a very sincere searcher for truth. The quote is her comments on Genesis 6:11.

They worshipped selfish indulgence,—eating, drinking, merry-making,—and resorted to acts of violence and crime if their desires and passions were interfered with.

In the days of Noah the overwhelming majority was opposed to the truth, and enamored with a tissue of falsehoods. The land was filled with violence. War, crime, murder, was the order of the day. Just so will it be before Christ’s second coming (Manuscript 24, 1891). SDA Bible Commentary Volume 1 comments on Genesis 6:11
Sounds exactly like our society today, huh?

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟424,761.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others