Visit site
✟113,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yes the example to the flock as a sign to the unbelieving world is a family. Two or three make up a nation

Remember to call no man on earth good teaching master as lord one is our Father in heaven .We can plant the in corruptible seed by which men are born again from above and water it with the water of the word as the doctrines of God that do fall like rain. But as apostles sent with prophecy we are considered as nothing .He causes the growth or increase if any.

Jesus dared not to sit in the place as the one source of Christ's faith the unseen .

Mark 10:16-18 And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them. And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

So according to your interpretation, Jesus is not God, and not only that, he isn't even good. You should study the Scriptures more diligently, for he is both God and absolutely good.

Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So according to your interpretation, Jesus is not God, and not only that, he isn't even good. You should study the Scriptures more diligently, for he is both God and absolutely good.

Hi thanks for the reply.it is something I keep on that back warmer.

Jesus informs in John 6 .His earthen body of flesh profits for nothing. We walk by faith the unseen power of God and not by sight after the temporal things seen

I would offer the word good used throughout the bible represents the unseen Holy Spirit as God . His faithful signature ."Let there be" and the testimony "it was good".In that way only God is good.

That does not means as sons of God who do his good will don't have his seal approval .Whosever does the will of his and our father in heaven.

Hebrews 6:9-10 it speaks of the better thing that acompanies salvation. He will not forget the good works we offer towards his good power that works in us .

Matthew 12:50For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Mark 3:35For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

Interestingly out of all the rudiments of this world during the creation account he call Gold "good" to be used throughout. I think it represent faith the unseen good of God .the golden measure (little)he freely gives to sons of God.

Upvote 0

Gregorikos

Ordinary Mystic
Dec 31, 2019
Louisville, Kentucky
Visit site
✟113,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi thanks for the reply.it is something I keep on that back warmer.

Jesus informs in John 6 .His earthen body of flesh profits for nothing. We walk by faith the unseen power of God and not by sight after the temporal things seen

I would offer the word good used throughout the bible represents the unseen Holy Spirit as God . His faithful signature ."Let there be" and the testimony "it was good".In that way only God is good.

That does not means as sons of God who do his good will don't have his seal approval .Whosever does the will of his and our father in heaven.

Hebrews 6:9-10 it speaks of the better thing that acompanies salvation. He will not forget the good works we offer towards his good power that works in us .

Matthew 12:50For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Mark 3:35For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

Interestingly out of all the rudiments of this world during the creation account he call Gold "good" to be used throughout. I think it represent faith the unseen good of God .the golden measure (little)he freely gives to sons of God.

Let's cut through all the obfuscation and get back to the basics.

1. Is Jesus God? Yes or no.

2. Is Jesus good? Yes or no.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Brethren in Australia might be very different again to Brethren in America, but here they're generally not egalitarian. The church my parents-in-law belong to has just about torn itself in two over the last year or so, over the issue of appointing women as elders. They did appoint two women elders and about half the congregation left.
There are multiple Brethren denominations here, and a wide range of beliefs with some core tenets. Even within the the same church districts of the Church of the Brethren, there is a very large range of beliefs and tenets. Brethren in Christ is quite Evangelical. Those are the two main ones around my area.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Just a bit of clarification here. There are multiple denominations which contain "brethren" in their name, none of which are actually the Plymouth Brethren.

The Plymouth Brethren disdain denominationalism in all of its forms, including titles. They generally refer to themselves as "believers" or "Christians" (but not to be identified with Christians such as members of the Church of Christ or Disciples of Christ). They refer to their congregations as "assemblies" (but not to be identified with the Assemblies of God).

So, how did the Plymouth Brethren come by their name? Their historic roots are actually in Ireland and they come out of the Church of England (Ireland) in the early years of the nineteenth century. In Plymouth, England they saw significant growth and people began to associate them with that city. To differentiate them from other Christian groups of the time, such as the Bible Christians, they began to be called "brethren" and, therefore, were identified as Plymouth Brethren.

There is a great diversity of beliefs among the Plymouth Brethren with the chief division being between the "Exclusive" (or closed) Brethren and the "Open" Brethren who, in the United States are primarily divided between the buildings they meet in. The more traditional of the two meet in Gospel Halls and the less traditional meet in Chapels (usually Gospel Chapels or Bible Chapels, although many other Christian denominations also call their buildings "Bible Chapels".

The Gospel Hall variety of the Open Plymouth Brethren reject any notion of women in any active role in the church. Women were created to be the helpmates of men in the sacred bond of marriage and are responsible for the rearing of children and management of the household.

One might think, therefore, that the Chapel variety of the Open Plymouth Brethren would embrace women on an egalitarian basis. This is not the case, however, as they also hold the same position. Women cannot be elders. Curiously neither men nor women are deacons in either group simply because they see no purpose for deacons and, therefore, they have none, as a general rule.

Upvote 0