• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

PLEASE reply!

RSteel

Mar 13, 2005
Tennessee
Visit site
✟7,810.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone. I made a post a few days ago on here (about a day ago). It was about how I was afraid to 'move forward' at age 17. For about three years I was very afraid to move forward...lol I see now that that was a huge mistake of mine on my behalf. However, what is done is done and now I'm here and I'm still very much alive. :) And I plan on staying that way!

I will give you the basics...when I was 17, like I said, I didn't want to move forward so I often repeated things over and over in my head to 'stop' myself from going on. It became effective after awhile. This continued for about three years. I know three years is a long time to be out of the spirit of God, BUT do you think it's possible to restore me to a graceful relationship with God? I hope so. That's what I really want. I also need advice from people who have already lived through 17 to 20 so I can get a perspective on where I stand with Christ and how much work needs to be done. Those three years are a long time, I know BUT I don't think three years can account for the 17 previous years, ya know. At least I don't think they can. But, does anyone have any insight to what I possibly missed during those three years? It worries me a lot. So, just be honest and let me know how much work needs to be done to get 'caught up' again. I'm apprehensive and scared but I know it can be done. And especially those years are 'high activity' time as well....SOOOO...any advice from a Christian perspective would be great! Thank you very much.

A

Anti Existance

We all are scared every now and then, some people are scared and parralized all of their lives, and many people suffer from depression,anxiety and there's a whole list from here to Paris on problems which prevents people to live their life in a decent matter. What matters isn't the lost years, what is important is that it was your own decision , and that shows you have a personality. Now that you came out of it and learned how worthless it was, you have spiritually advanced and are moving on with your life again. Fear is a state of hell, which damages your Spiritual progress in life. But overcoming it as you did has made you a stronger person, and therefore those 3 years where worthwhile.

Upvote 0

Hiker of faith

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado Springs
✟7,784.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I fell away from christ in my early teens and didn't come back until about six months ago (I'm 23, almost 24 now....so about 10 years total I was away). And you know what? God was standing there with arms wide open ready to accept me back like I had never left. God doesn't care if you've been gone 3 months, 3 years, or 30 years, he's just happy that his lost lamb has returned. My advice now is to start going back to church and find a group of people around your own age who can support you in your walk. Good luck to you, and God bless you.

Peace,
John

Upvote 0

RSteel

Mar 13, 2005
Tennessee
Visit site
✟7,810.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Thank you so much! This is difficult stuff. Fear is so...terrible. Ya know...I hate it. I've fallen back into fear but somehow I'm coming out...lol This is still tough stuff. Man...anyways I'm feeling better and it's getting easier to return to the Lord. Thanks for everything and I'll keep posting more as needed. :)

Upvote 0

Chavez

May 4, 2005
Ireland
✟16,215.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Well I'm actually 17 now.
Yay...not
lol
and I keep on falling away...bout 3 times now actually
but each time I come back I feel stronger.

I'm on track as of now..and it's wonderful...it feels like I'll be with God forever!
I think the longest has been a year. And yeh..i don't worry about what I've missed..
I think about everything that is to come! which is good..
a life in God's presence is worth absolutely every second of my life!

Good luck and God Bless

Upvote 0

RSteel

Mar 13, 2005
Tennessee
Visit site
✟7,810.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Well, that could be it as well. I often have 'bad' thoughts that I try so hard to get out of my head. It's so difficult. I try so often to pray them away but sometimes they just pop up into my head. I try so hard to just pray them away, but sometimes it doesn't help. Thank you for everything and all your advice and support.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

forgivenmuch

christ is the answer
Aug 21, 2004
✟8,874.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Im Older But I Have Seen My Times Of Failure. You Are Only One Prayer Away To Being Back With Christ. He Will Forgive You If You Ask Him .. And Remember It No More! I Myself Being Older Knows That Religion Dont Do Nothing For No One. Salvation And Reading The Bible Does. Church Can Be Good If You Are Learning From A Educational Pastor Who Really Studys The Word And Brings It Out To Where You Can Grow. It Is Important To Know That You Need To Know .. People That Do Go To Church .. Most Or Taught From What Brother So And So Says .. And Theres Alot Of Condemnation Taught To You, This Is Why I Say To Study For Yourself ..make Sure You Know How Jesus Is For Yourself ..so You Are Not Being Decieved. God Bless You

Upvote 0