Please pray for Nova

rhawk

I'm a CAT-HOLIC, proud cat parent & Catholic.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I am just not ready to do this again. Losing ^Orion ^ exactly 1 month ago today was awful. Nova missed him and for 3 weeks yowled for ^Orion^ at night and has taken to sleeping in ^Orion^'s favorite night spot now. Nova is now in full renal failure and has not eaten in 4 days. He has lost a lot of weight (as his kidney disease got worse). He had to spend the day at the vet yesterday and did get fluids as he was dehydrated. Fluids, Nova is not one to allow them easily, which is bad as he will need them at least 2 times a week now. I had to give ^Leo^ fluids daily for 7 years and ^Calliope^ and ^Itchy^ in their final mons got them daily as well. So I know how to do it well, but Nova is such a fighter that I cannot manage it alone. At the vet it takes 2 to 3 techs to give him fluids! Starting Monday I'll drive home from work about 1pm (a 30 minute drive) to pick him up and bring him to the vet for fluids, then pick him up after work.
PICT0717.jpg

This is Nova (December 2004 image that was in the 2017 Cat Calendar). He is one of the sweetest cats, very friendly and loves to be pet and not afraid of strangers. He is 17.5 years old now. Sadly Andromeda is almost 17 and has renal disease as well and I fear she will follow ^Orion^ and Nova before years end.
I just want Nova to eat right now and that will help keep his strength up while we care for him. I do not want him to go by starvation. :(

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please don't take this wrong but if its going to be that he doesn't eat and is slowly starving, hard as it is you may have to give him your greatest love gift and give him back to God who will welcome him until you are reunited.
I'm not saying it lightly because I lost four beloved pets in a period of twelve months (three due to age issues- it was their time).
Im still heartbroken when I think of it, but somehow God gets us through it.

I know where they are and that I will see them again, what a joyful reunion it will be with all my others too.
Sending you and Nova love and hugs.

Upvote 0

rhawk

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Please don't take this wrong but if its going to be that he doesn't eat and is slowly starving, hard as it is you may have to give him your greatest love gift and give him back to God who will welcome him until you are reunited.
I'm not saying it lightly because I lost four beloved pets in a period of twelve months (three due to age issues- it was their time).
Im still heartbroken when I think of it, but somehow God gets us through it.

I know where they are and that I will see them again, what a joyful reunion it will be with all my others too.
Sending you and Nova love and hugs.
My hope is to get the eating issue figured and resolved, giving him a month or several of decent life. He also has pica and we need to make sure he has not eaten something that is causing this. His eating has been down since ^Orion^ died also, so it may be related to grief. Still, we are trying to diagnose the eating part while helping him as best we can with the kidney part.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My hope is to get the eating issue figured and resolved, giving him a month or several of decent life. He also has pica and we need to make sure he has not eaten something that is causing this. His eating has been down since ^Orion^ died also, so it may be related to grief. Still, we are trying to diagnose the eating part while helping him as best we can with the kidney part.

Prayers and love to both of you:cat::rose:

Upvote 0

rhawk

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Nova is eating a little bit now. He is eating some canned food, but is sucking the liquid out and leaving the solids. Still, better than no food. He is a bit more active for now, but he won't last long. :(

Upvote 0

rhawk

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Prayers for both you and ...most of all God is.
I know He is. It got me thinking and I am not trying to start a debate or the like, just sharing my thoughts... I pray a full rosary every morning and say prayers for all my dead family/friends (and their families) and pets belonging to me/family/friends, then for the health and well being of my family, friends/families and pets. I also talk to Him specifically about things (like the health of Nova - or last month of ^Orion^). I always ask that they not suffer and that they live longer and of course that never happens. A while ago I realized that instant curing of my pets (family or friends) and granting long life to them would be pretty unfair to every other living thing in the universe. And beyond that thought, He is not a genie/wish-machine and I aught not beg wishes but say hopes/prayers (not that it hurts to "wish", but I just should never expect the granting of them). I realize that the people/animals that do bless our lives ARE a grace/blessing from Him and the fact I can grieve so over them shows just how much they mean/meant to me and I should be thankful for that since I could have easily have gone though life without. Plus, assuming the afterlife and that it is with Him and so much better, isn't is sort of wrong and self-centered to pray that my companions/family/friends/pets stay here with me to make me feel better? I do not quite think I can fully grasp that part and thank Him for bringing them home yet as I am too selfish and wanting of my feelings on Earth, but I do see that. ;) I wonder if that makes sense?
So as much as I want Nova to be well and with me for a long time, I do believe our loved animals will go to heaven thus will painfully and tearfully accept the losses and they happen. Better to have loved and then cry over the loss than to have never loved at all. (sorry for rambling)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I understand totally.

The times when I am thinking of my beloved pets that I have lost and my parents, that even though I would love them here, I think: could I ever wish them back here with all the pain etc when I know they are in heaven better than they ever were here on earth.
That helps me a lot but doesn't mean that its not painful.
I'm not for a minute saying I don't miss them dreadfully but it does give me assurance and peace.
You're not rambling, so don't worry.

God bless you and give you His peace that passes all understanding.:heart:

• Friendly
Reactions: rhawk
Upvote 0