God heals and restores!
Mar 7, 2005
USA
✟26,824.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Heads up... Eagles who pray...I posted this on prayer requests but putting it here too for those who will pray. When I know whether John was aboard (hope he wasn't) I will post a follow up.

News this morning is there is a copter down in Afghanistan.
frown.gif
Please pray for the 17 aboard. As I type this it is not known whether they are alive or dead yet or who was aboard. My nephew, John, is over there in the U.S. Airborne and is often in the helicopters. His best friend was killed some months ago in another helicopter crash. Please pray for John and his safety. Thanks you so much for your prayers.

More info can be found here: http://news.channel.aol.com/

In Christ,

birdie.

fieldlily

God heals and restores!
Mar 7, 2005
USA
✟26,824.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for these prayers. No news yet. John is my great nephew. His Aunt (my niece) is in touch with her brother (my nephew who is the father of John) and if and when she hears anything and emails or calls me I will post it. So far no news is good news. Right now they are searching the crash site which is in a remote area. Part of operation "Red Wing" and we just don't know whether he is in that or not. Looks like it was shot down by enemy gunfire. His parents are pretty concerned. Bless you... birdie...

Upvote 0

fieldlily

God heals and restores!
Mar 7, 2005
USA
✟26,824.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi all...thanks for those prayers. Diane, John's mother, just emailed me. It was another unit involved in the fateful crash. John's unit is involved in clean up and recovery of the bodies. He will still be in harm's way, but right now he is okay. They are so relieved and praising God...tough times...these...especially for parents of military over there.

Bless you all. Tomorrow is my 44th wedding anniversary so going out to dinner but no other big plans this year. Can't believe we have been together that long!!!

Fondly,

birdie...:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fieldlily

God heals and restores!
Mar 7, 2005
USA
✟26,824.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
miggles said:
I'm so happy your nephew is OK. :clap: I pray that the Almighty watches over him the whole time he's in Iraq.

:confused: John is in Afghanistan, not Iraq, but right now he is involved in what is going on with Taliband combatants in the mountains of Afghanistan and also was involved in the clean up of the crash site. In harm's way...so thanks for those prayers. :amen:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.