USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I feel very sad and hurt right now, and like I'm such a lousy Christian. I don't always like people. I feel I can't trust anyone. I tell myself not to make certain mistakes and yet I still repeat them over and over. Loving and forgiving people is so hard, especially when they hurt me and sin all the time. Sometimes I feel I don't deserve forgiveness.

And every time I think I'm doing better...something else happens to hurt me. How can I see Christ in people who hate Him and love evil and do the opposite of what He would do? How can I learn to stop making the same mistakes over and over? How can I forgive people who clearly hate me and are avoiding me?

Please pray for me and for these people who are lost, that we all may turn from what is wrong and begin to do what is right.

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,283.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Praying for you.

Also, asking the Lord to help remove their blinders as He did with us.

"...for their minds have been blinded by the god of this age, leaving them in unbelief. Their blindness keeps them from seeing the dayspring light of the wonderful news of the glory of Jesus Christ, who is the divine image of God." (II Cor 4:4).

• Friendly
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

kaylarose3

Dec 17, 2023
St. Paul
✟8,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel very sad and hurt right now, and like I'm such a lousy Christian. I don't always like people. I feel I can't trust anyone. I tell myself not to make certain mistakes and yet I still repeat them over and over. Loving and forgiving people is so hard, especially when they hurt me and sin all the time. Sometimes I feel I don't deserve forgiveness.

And every time I think I'm doing better...something else happens to hurt me. How can I see Christ in people who hate Him and love evil and do the opposite of what He would do? How can I learn to stop making the same mistakes over and over? How can I forgive people who clearly hate me and are avoiding me?

Please pray for me and for these people who are lost, that we all may turn from what is wrong and begin to do what is right.
I've also been struggling with this, I'm praying for you. ❤️

• Friendly
Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟66,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
....I feel I can't trust anyone.....

If a particular person is doing something repeatedly to the point where you can't trust them, you need to stay away from them. They are not good for you.

How can I see Christ in people who hate Him and love evil and do the opposite of what He would do?

What do you mean by "see Christ in people who hate Him"?

• Agree
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

William J

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2021
Buffalo, NY
✟268,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Single
I pray that God would protect you and guide you. I pray that He would sanctify you into a strong follower of Jesus. Finally, I pray that God would help you know how to love your enemies while setting appropriate boundaries for them.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Dear Lord, I pray for encouragement for Multifavs. I pray that you would send better friends into his life, people who love You and shun evil, people who love him and wish to spend time with him. I pray for the teachers in the Lord that you have set over Multifavs, that you may give wisdom to them to give him on how to select better companions.

Finally, I pray for healing from the wounds that these hurtful companions have inflicted upon my friend, so his heart may be strengthened in the face of his enemies. Open his eyes to better discern each of these people and what they have done, that he may not take responsibility for their actions, but only for his own.
In Christ’s Name, Amen

• Friendly
Upvote 0

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟56,600.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

The Holy Fathers of the Orthodox Church write that we have the wrong structure when we strive at all costs to be good (in our vision) instead of pleasing God. That is, if we are sad because we have upset a loving God, then God sends us consolation. If we get upset because we are bad, then this indicates that we are seeking human praise rather than God's praise. In this case, excessive sadness is not pleasing to God. We must admit that we are not who we would like to be. After all, if another person has offended you and is sad that he has offended you, then you will easily forgive him, but if the main thing for him is that now everyone does not say about him that he is bad, then it is more difficult for you forgive him. Because he doesn’t care how you feel, the main thing for him is what others say about him.

Repeated mistakes occur due to habit and forgetfulness. Just as we develop bad habits by repeating bad actions over the years, we can also develop good habits over the years by doing good things. This is well told by Stephen Covey in his book “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” and also by holy fathers such as John Climacus or Nicodemus of Svyatogorsk in the book “The Invisible Warfare”.

If we, trying to live according to Scripture, still violate the Word of God, then what can be said about people who do not even try to keep God’s commandments? There is nothing surprising here. The Apostle writes that such are all before coming to Christ. The apostle goes on to say that we must reprove only the brothers in Christ, and those outside (those who have not believed in Christ) will be judged by God. We should have a purely business relationship with them, but not tell them about our relationship with God: “Do not throw pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and then tear you to pieces.” (Matthew 7:6)

God will help you!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rswings99

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2011
✟76,660.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

:praying:

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟117,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Praying now!

Lord God I lift up Multivas to You right now and I pray for Your intervention in his current situation and that You would minister to him in his point of need, I pray for all sadness and hurt to go right now and that he would be able to forgive anyone in his lift that he needs to. I also pray for supernatural strength and encouragement for Multifavs and that Your hand of blessing would be upon him and also for the salvation of anyone in his life that does not know You. Thank you Lord!

Upvote 0