Pekin
✟15,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
This is going to sound absolutely ridiculous. I’m really embarrassed to be posting this. (I’m actually agnostic, but I have seen prayer work). I am having a really hard time letting someone go. My best friend and I got together romantically. It wasn’t anything serious. We’ve just known each other for so long and have always been kind of flirty with each other. We were only “together” for a short while, until I stupidly broke up with him. There was another woman that he had been keeping in contact with, (though he was not seeing her when we were together). I broke up with him until he got his mind made up. I was okay with it at first, but now I have some serious regrets. I didn’t realize how much I wanted to be with him until after we broke up. He is so perfect. It’s scary how much we have in common. He comes from a family of all “J” names as do I. We both love going on random rode trips by ourselves. Our personalities are exactly the same. Both very flighty and absent minded.
I’ve never felt this way about anyone before. But this literally feels supernatural. When we were together, (and even though I am an agnostic), I was thanking God everyday for him. It felt like God drove us together. And now he’s gone. Not only that, but he helped his new girlfriend get a job at the same place that we work at. So I get to see her everyday. She seems like a wonderful woman, but my heart is shredded. Please pray for me to either get over him or for us to get back together. I haven’t stopped crying since April. I am so embarrassed. I never thought I would ever have such strong feelings towards someone. I know everything happens for a reason. I know this will pass eventually and I will see why God wanted me to go through this, but it is so painful. I feel physical pain everyday from it. I throw up most days as well from all the stress. This is not normal. Please pray for me that I can let him go.

Sean5151

Jul 23, 2020
Yorkshire
✟2,804.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is going to sound absolutely ridiculous. I’m really embarrassed to be posting this. (I’m actually agnostic, but I have seen prayer work). I am having a really hard time letting someone go. My best friend and I got together romantically. It wasn’t anything serious. We’ve just known each other for so long and have always been kind of flirty with each other. We were only “together” for a short while, until I stupidly broke up with him. There was another woman that he had been keeping in contact with, (though he was not seeing her when we were together). I broke up with him until he got his mind made up. I was okay with it at first, but now I have some serious regrets. I didn’t realize how much I wanted to be with him until after we broke up. He is so perfect. It’s scary how much we have in common. He comes from a family of all “J” names as do I. We both love going on random rode trips by ourselves. Our personalities are exactly the same. Both very flighty and absent minded.
I’ve never felt this way about anyone before. But this literally feels supernatural. When we were together, (and even though I am an agnostic), I was thanking God everyday for him. It felt like God drove us together. And now he’s gone. Not only that, but he helped his new girlfriend get a job at the same place that we work at. So I get to see her everyday. She seems like a wonderful woman, but my heart is shredded. Please pray for me to either get over him or for us to get back together. I haven’t stopped crying since April. I am so embarrassed. I never thought I would ever have such strong feelings towards someone. I know everything happens for a reason. I know this will pass eventually and I will see why God wanted me to go through this, but it is so painful. I feel physical pain everyday from it. I throw up most days as well from all the stress. This is not normal. Please pray for me that I can let him go.

Upvote 0

Sean5151

Jul 23, 2020
Yorkshire
✟2,804.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry to hear you have gotten yourself into a situation that has caused you some pain. My feeling would be for you to try to move on and forget about what could have been if only you had reacted differently. I understand that this is difficult for you. and I will certainly say a prayer for you that you can find peace in your heart. What I would suggest though is that you ask the Lord for help yourself as well.
Just tell him how you are feeling as if you are speaking to your very best friend and ask him for help in dealing with your emotions. I would suggest that you say this prayer both morning and night -

''Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and I ask for Your forgiveness. I believe You died for my sins and rose from the dead. I turn from my sins and invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as my Lord and Savior''.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟394,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
It might be a shock but I too came through a period of my life when I was an agnostic, and I asked for prayer myself during that time.
No request for prayer is ever ridiculous. It is like not asking for help in school. The only bad question is the one not asked.

Prayers for you to get through this period, and for you to find the Lord is real in the process. Find a copy of the bible and read the Gospels and see for yourself.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry to hear you have gotten yourself into a situation that has caused you some pain. My feeling would be for you to try to move on and forget about what could have been if only you had reacted differently. I understand that this is difficult for you. and I will certainly say a prayer for you that you can find peace in your heart. What I would suggest though is that you ask the Lord for help yourself as well.
Just tell him how you are feeling as if you are speaking to your very best friend and ask him for help in dealing with your emotions. I would suggest that you say this prayer both morning and night -

''Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and I ask for Your forgiveness. I believe You died for my sins and rose from the dead. I turn from my sins and invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as my Lord and Savior''.

The prayer you stated is sound; and it is saying that one truly is asking the Lord Jesus to come into their life and be Lord and Savior of them forever. That follows what God is saying in John 3; John 14; Romans 8; etc! To be saved for Heaven and blessed in this life, one MUST RECEIVE the Lord Jesus in sincere prayer, and not just speak of believing in a god. It is a RELATIONSHIP! Does one have that relationship, or just some belief and hope in their mind? Be sure by making the Lord Jesus your 'best Friend' daily. A seeker needs to be reading the Holy Bible daily beginning in the four Gospel books ---Matthew; Mark; Luke; John; then study the Epistles which are about Church truth.

Upvote 0

EverydayBread

Aug 9, 2021
Uusimaa
✟30,755.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My dear friend, You will get over that situation. But everything has to be searched. Search for the name of Jesus. You can't find anything by just sleeping. I'm sure God hears your prayers.
Luke.11:9-10 "So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened."

Don't worry, God had a purpose for everything. He has planned everything perfectly. But you have options, because God gave us a free will. Will you follow Jesus or continue in your situation without God? I pray the best for you my friend.
Matt.11:28 "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."
John.8:36 "Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
My first prayer for you is that you see a doctor or therapist. Nausea and/or vomiting is a very serious problem. Your health can only become worse if you don't find help for that. God has helped me so many, many times. I pray that you find peace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Hi Joy, I am sorry it turned out that way for what it is worth. I see this was a few months ago. How are you doing right now? I know that God loves you and cares about your needs and desires. A lot of people are out there who want someone to complete them, but I tell you that only God can complete that void in your heart. He can love you more and meet every need you have better then any earthly man can.

Father, please lead @Joy314 to you. Please help her see Your deep love for her and that You sent Your son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for her sins, You love her so much. I ask You to comfort her and that she will will truly hear Your Word and that her heart will be good ground to receive it and come to Your abounding love and grace. In Jesus Precious Name, Amen.

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0