• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Please Pray for me

KiranLee

Jul 1, 2018
Midwest
✟27,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone, so I've been trying to trust God to be able to handle my OCD problems and since then things have gotten worse, I know OCD "yells" louder when you try to ignore it and mine has been pulling out all the stops these days. Yesterday, I had an issue that culminated in me thinking(briefly) that the Holy Spirit was telling me that I could no longer write or draw because there was no way I could glorify God through it. I was very sad but I accepted it until I started feeling that wasn't what God wanted, so I prayed about it again with a clearer mind and I realized that God designed me to be creative and I felt strongly that God wants me to glorify Him through writing and help bring people to Him. BUT, I am still upset and feeling strange. I keep worrying "what if I'm wrong?" "What if I don't really care what God wants?" "What if I fall away from God?" I would like to ask you guys to pray for me that these things don't happen and that I really do glorify God through these things and that this OCD goes awat. I feel they are gifts and I want to make God happy through them but I am scared.

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God...your Father through Jesus that you believe in..is IN YOU! The fruits of the spirit are "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control". Why post this? This is how YOU know if something is of GOD or the enemy. See God the holy Spirit will never ever use fear doubt worry. Those "feelings" are not from Him :)

A old song playing by B.J thomas "I want to be more like Jesus". ALL not some good some bad..but the word says ALL GOOD THINGS COME FROM GOD! "I realized that God designed me to be creative" <--then do what your heart wants... it will glorify Him. We ALL get thoughts like you have :)

Just read that bible know what HE says. Like fear "God has not given us the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind" If I ever thought things about my "mind" what ever. Or fear.. I speak HIS word.. NO.. my God has not given me the spirit of fear and I have a sound mind! In JESUS name!

Some of those thoughts were not of God :) Just trying to rob you of Joy. For the JOY of the lord HIS JOY..is YOUR strength. There a verse in the OT ...and it GOD speaking.. and to you "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Jesus is lord. That name was given for you to use. There is no greater name. Every knee will bow and tongue confess He is lord.

Jesus gave you His peace.. not as the world gives.. rest in it.. by faith. We walk by faith. There is NOTHING He can not do. He died for the worlds sin and by His strips we have been healed.

I will be praying for you. If I said anything that offended..please forgive me. He said.. be strong in the lord in the power of HIS might. See its ALL HIM! Hes all you need.. all the world needs

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One way to understand if something is from God or not is to test everything you think or feel passed the truths of Scripture. The holy Spirit guides us through the truth and in love. He never compels us to do anything against our will or what would upset or hurt us. God is love, love is gentle and kind. Love is patient and love is faithful to the truth.

The enemy on the other hand brings us thoughts and feelings that compel, fear, threaten, or oppress us, or tempt, entice, beguile and trick us into a feeling of inner unrest.

Jesus is called The King of Peace and that is what He is. When we follow Him we become settled and peaceful but also determined and willing to give our very best to Him. Love does compel but always gently and truthfully.

Get to know Jesus about all this you will not be disappointed. Get the word into you and only operate out of love for God, neighbour as well as yourself.

Peace.

Upvote 0

KiranLee

Jul 1, 2018
Midwest
✟27,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God...your Father through Jesus that you believe in..is IN YOU! The fruits of the spirit are "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control". Why post this? This is how YOU know if something is of GOD or the enemy. See God the holy Spirit will never ever use fear doubt worry. Those "feelings" are not from Him :)

A old song playing by B.J thomas "I want to be more like Jesus". ALL not some good some bad..but the word says ALL GOOD THINGS COME FROM GOD! "I realized that God designed me to be creative" <--then do what your heart wants... it will glorify Him. We ALL get thoughts like you have :)

Just read that bible know what HE says. Like fear "God has not given us the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind" If I ever thought things about my "mind" what ever. Or fear.. I speak HIS word.. NO.. my God has not given me the spirit of fear and I have a sound mind! In JESUS name!

Some of those thoughts were not of God :) Just trying to rob you of Joy. For the JOY of the lord HIS JOY..is YOUR strength. There a verse in the OT ...and it GOD speaking.. and to you "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Jesus is lord. That name was given for you to use. There is no greater name. Every knee will bow and tongue confess He is lord.

Jesus gave you His peace.. not as the world gives.. rest in it.. by faith. We walk by faith. There is NOTHING He can not do. He died for the worlds sin and by His strips we have been healed.

I will be praying for you. If I said anything that offended..please forgive me. He said.. be strong in the lord in the power of HIS might. See its ALL HIM! Hes all you need.. all the world needs
Thank you Blade, that is just what I needed to hear! I take no offense at all and I will try to keep these things in mind when I worry. Fear is truly a tormenting thing

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone, so I've been trying to trust God to be able to handle my OCD problems and since then things have gotten worse, I know OCD "yells" louder when you try to ignore it and mine has been pulling out all the stops these days. Yesterday, I had an issue that culminated in me thinking(briefly) that the Holy Spirit was telling me that I could no longer write or draw because there was no way I could glorify God through it. I was very sad but I accepted it until I started feeling that wasn't what God wanted, so I prayed about it again with a clearer mind and I realized that God designed me to be creative and I felt strongly that God wants me to glorify Him through writing and help bring people to Him. BUT, I am still upset and feeling strange. I keep worrying "what if I'm wrong?" "What if I don't really care what God wants?" "What if I fall away from God?" I would like to ask you guys to pray for me that these things don't happen and that I really do glorify God through these things and that this OCD goes awat. I feel they are gifts and I want to make God happy through them but I am scared.

God has given you councellors, therapists and medication to enable you to live with your OCD in a controlled manner.

Use them.

Would you expect someone with a broken leg to say, 'Pray that my leg will set its self and heal!'

Why expect a damaged/ill mind to just 'heal'.

I'll pray that your therapy helps you controll your OCD.

• Agree
Reactions: 333GRACE
Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Counselors are different.
Also, for OCD, I'd highly recommend seeing a counselor who is trained in how to treat OCD, specifically using CBT and ERP therapy (especially ERP). But, it sounds like you're doing a great job in recognizing your OCD and knowing that you have to ignore what it wants you to do, even if that's hard. Good job! :)

Upvote 0