✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jess, I'm praying for you too.:pray:

I know what it's like to be in a depression. Some things that helped me:

Do some nice things for yourself.
Write down everything you are thankful for.
See yourself the way Jesus see's you--His beloved daughter.
Don't try to be perfect, you are only human.
Stay away from negative people.
Do something nice for at least one person.

Think about the word "HALT" whenever you are feeling down.

H--Don't get too hungry.
A--Don't get too angry.
L--Don't get too lonely.
T--Don't get too tired.

Upvote 0

jackmichal

Jesus, I trust in You.
Jan 16, 2003
Visit site
✟7,668.00
Jess, I sympathize with your problems and struggles.  I will pray for your strength.

I humbly suggest you offer Jesus all your problems and your sufferings and He will bless you.

Here's a few comforting words from our Saviour Himself in the "True Life in God" messages: 

December 28, 1988
"I love you all with an everlasting love - this love so misunderstood! Come to Me with all your problems - offer them to Me and rest. Come and lean on Me - I am your Consoler and I will console you, giving you My Peace. Come to your Gentle Saviour and I will heal your wounds - never weary of invoking Me and praying to Me. I am always with you. I love you and bless each one of you."

August 18, 1991
"In My Sacred Heart, My dove. Your cote is My Sacred Heart - turn to Me and My Spirit will console you. Offer Me your troubles and I shall thrust them in My Heart - I shall make good use of them, I shall liberate souls from purgatory... Then forget your troubles of these days and rest in Me your God - I am an Ocean of Peace. Give Me, daughter, all your tribulations and My Peace shall annihilate them. Have My Peace, My lamb, I love you. I offer Peace. Rest in Me. Go now in Peace."

in The Two Hearts of Jesus and Mary,

Love

jack

Upvote 0

wvmtnkid

Order of the Candle
May 29, 2002
West Virginia
Visit site
✟10,466.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Jess!

I will pray for you. I know how it is to stuggle with depression and want to so much be well again. You say you are on meds, but they don't seem to be helping. Maybe it is time for an adjustment to them or something new altogether. Is it a possiblity to stop pursuing your degree at the moment until you can overcome the depression? I don't know your situation, so I don't know if that is do-able. It could be that the stress of the degree is feeding the depression. It doesn't have to be forever, just maybe for a semester or so until you get things more under control. I am not a doctor, but I think these might be some questions to raise with one.

:hug: and :pray:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by wvmtnkid
Hi Jess!

I will pray for you. I know how it is to stuggle with depression and want to so much be well again. You say you are on meds, but they don't seem to be helping. Maybe it is time for an adjustment to them or something new altogether. Is it a possiblity to stop pursuing your degree at the moment until you can overcome the depression? I don't know your situation, so I don't know if that is do-able. It could be that the stress of the degree is feeding the depression. It doesn't have to be forever, just maybe for a semester or so until you get things more under control. I am not a doctor, but I think these might be some questions to raise with one.

:hug: and :pray:

Very good advice, wvmtnkid.:hug: Jess should tell her doctor about all of this, and take a break from school.

Your health comes first Jess, everything else is secondary.:pray:

Upvote 0
My dear sister, Jess.  You have my heartfelt prayers.

Merciful Lord, I lift up my dear sister Jess, in her hour of need. In Jesus name, I cast out whatever demonic forces that may be at work here. Jesus, take the burdens of this young one, and in exchange, give her Your yolk, which is light and easy. Holy Spirit, minister to Jess. Grant her comfort and peace. God bless Jess. In Jesus name, and according to Your will ... Amen!

Upvote 0

Blindfaith

God's Tornado
Feb 9, 2002
Home of the Slug
✟7,755.00
Faith
Non-Denom
{{{Jess}}}

I will be praying diligently for you my dear one!  Depression is very serious, and it's not your fault that you're afflicted with it.  You've received a lot of good advice here, which I agree with wholeheartedly.

Jess, I use to have to take anti-depressants even when life "seemed" to be going along fine.  I had to start taking some things out of my life which were putting too much pressure and stress on me.  Wvm suggested maybe that could be the case with you too?

I also liked what (I think it was Auntie) suggested, by doing some small, nice things for yourself.  Buy some aromatherapy bath salts; some candles; a good book; a facial mask, and pamper yourself.  You deserve it :)  What the heck ~ throw in some deep conditioner for your hair, and give yourself a pedicure too ;).

Have you gone back to see your Doctor to discuss this with him/her a little more?  Maybe you aren't on the right medication.  I know they had to change mine, because it was giving me some bad effects.  But, after they got me on the "right" stuff, it was soooo much better.  I in no way have a medical degree so I don't want to come across like I'm a 100% about this.

Anyway, I just want you to know that I'll be lifting you up in prayer to the Lord, and that if you ever want to talk, please know that you can pm me, and everything you say will be kept strictly confidential {{{hugs}}}

---------------------------------------------------------------

Heavenly Father,

I just lift up Jess to you right now Lord, and ask that you hold her, comfort her, and wrap your loving arms around her Jesus.  No one can comfort and love us like you can.  You are the great Physician, Healer, wonderful Counselor, and our Beloved Savior.  I pray that you instill in Jess peace beyond all understanding, and help guide her in her life, and out of this depression.  I pray Lord, that you give the Doctors wisdom, in order to help her, because she is our precious sister in Christ, and deserves to be well.  Lord, hold her through this difficult time, and reassure her that you love her SO much, and that there are those here who love her as well.

We pray this in Your Name Jesus,

Amen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

booger

GOD PICKED ME!!!!
Jan 17, 2003
Tulsa, OK
Visit site
✟15,474.00
Faith
Baptist
I am praying for you since I know what it is like to be at the end of the rope so to speak.  So many of us have.  All you can do is take it one day at a time.  Live for the moment, but make sure you live it for GOD.

I pray that whatever you are going through, GOD's will is that you will come out of it soon and that you receive a blessing from whatever he may be trying to show and or teach you.  I pray that your spirit be lifted and you receive strength from GOD to continue on life's journey.

GOD BLESS YOU FOR YOU ARE LOVED!!!!

:pray:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.