• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Please Help

Tempura

Noob
Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
God will not be controlled by our illnesses, conditions, thoughts or confusion. What we have here, and all our struggles, all our confusion, it will all be put to rest in time. It will not last. God is who He is, unwavering, and even if our minds can terrify us here, they have no power over Him. We don't have to trust ourselves, we can trust in Him.

"We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God." - God knows our heart, what we really are, He sees through all confusion and illness, and the Spirit works in invisible ways, out of our control.

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Nothing can separate us from His love.

No fear.

Upvote 0

BigRed009

Aug 6, 2018
Georgia
✟16,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Shawb,

Don't listen to your OCD. Listen to God's word. Many of us have different conditions we have to deal with. I dealt with OCD in the past. I know its not fun.

I believe the core of things like OCD is fear and lies from Satan, who can put thoughts in our minds and make us believe they're our own thoughts. I don't know the nature of your OCD but remember that God loves you and understands what's happening better than you do. Thank him for His love and mercy, and celebrate the freedom He has given you through His Son.

Jesus holds all authority in heaven and on earth (Matthew 28:18), and he does not require you to give in to your compulsions. I found freedom when I started focusing on Jesus. You are free to ingore any lies that enter your mind, because you have God's word as your sword.

I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My OCD is telling me that God is the cause of my condition. I know it’s not true but it won’t leave my mind.
Satan is allowed to test us.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." (in 2 Corinthians 12:7-15)

Paul had that thorn demon "messenger of Satan" messing with him, and it would not go away, even though Paul pleaded "three times" for God to make it go away. And Paul had such faith to do healing miracles and cast out devils; yet, he could not make that "messenger of Satan" stop messing with him.

But then he had a little talk with Jesus. And Paul learned to submit to God in His grace which is almighty to keep us safe from any effect of Satan's evil spirit, while also making us guaranteed to succeed in doing whatsoever God's grace has us doing.

So, a basic, I would say is do not let that evil stuff decide how you are or what you do or where your attention goes. And a trick is how Satan is trying to get us to try to control him or a person or a problem. Instead, we need to be attentive to how God wants to share with us and guide us.

When paranoid stuff comes my way and won't go away, first I usually get into fighting with the imagined person who is messing with me in my imagination. But then it comes how I am not loving that problem person the way Jesus wants. So, I trust God to correct me so I am submissive to God in His peace > Colossians 3:15.

In His peace I might get enlightenment about the person. And I become caring in prayer for that person. And then I am ready to find out how I do when that person is with me, however. And usually things are not at all the way I was imagining, at first.

Practically, when I imagine trouble with someone, it might help to say, so you're going to do that. We will see. God is in control. You're going to have to prove it; I'm not doing anything about you to try to protect myself or report you or control you; you have to prove what you claim you're going to do to me or whoever, because I can't prove you will do what you say. Also, I address the evil spirit who is bringing the imagination, and simply say Satan you are defeated by Jesus and His shed blood on Calvary, and God is in control of what you will or will not do, and we will see what really happens. So, we rebuke you and refuse you and resist you in the name of Jesus ! ! !

And instead of trying to figure out how to handle and control the problem person, be attentive to submitting to God in His peace.

"Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." (James 4:7)

Now, of course, what you are going through is different. But I'd say know it is an invisible being of Satan messing with you, and trust God to have you attentive to Him in His peace, and keep attentive to God and all He desires to share with you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟141,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ill be brief I just need help. My OCD is telling me that God is the cause of my condition. I know it’s not true but it won’t leave my mind. I know my LORD would never hurt me. Please can I get some encouragement. Thank you.
Are you able to deal with this the same way that you deal with your other obsessions?

Upvote 0