✟7,753.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

Recently I stumbled upon this t-shirt online: And That's How I Saved The World Jesus

I would be lying if I said it didn't make me laugh a little. I wanted to know if it was offensive in any way and laughing at it was bad. Personally, Jesus is a part of my life just like pop culture, and combining created a sort of comedic effect for me. I didn't see it in any negative way.
I would like to hear your thoughts

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a friend here who uses that picture for his avatar. Nah, it's intended to be slightly humorous. I'm guessing it probably offends the unsaved, who don't particular care for interjecting Jesus Christ into secular entertainment, but to each his own.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think it's quite reverential. Jesus is in a superior position, instructing the other superheroes on what He did for the world. The others are listening and learning. The message is clearly that what Jesus did was greater than any of the exploits the others have done or are capable of.

I would say the shirt is a definite go. Fact is, I gotta get me one of them. :)

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would be lying if I said it didn't make me laugh a little. I wanted to know if it was offensive in any way
As Jord and Paul have already said itis not offensive and could prompt a conversation.

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

Recently I stumbled upon this t-shirt online: And That's How I Saved The World Jesus

I would be lying if I said it didn't make me laugh a little. I wanted to know if it was offensive in any way and laughing at it was bad. Personally, Jesus is a part of my life just like pop culture, and combining created a sort of comedic effect for me. I didn't see it in any negative way.
I would like to hear your thoughts

My family has a pretty scary sense of humor. I tend to have at least one "muahaha" a day. Nowadays, that is growing in frequency.

Right now, covering my long brown locks with a deadpool cap. One of my closest friends noted it was perfect for me, and only I could get away with it. [One praise I received which I deeply treasure.]

My current avatar comes from Nova, which, in this lifetime (I have lived a few, heh), was pointed out to me by God as 'what I would be like'. That vision was when I was six years old, in September, when the first issue came out.

So, the shirt is a bit tame for me.

I view modern superhero metaphors as pointing to true life beings. As they are all children of God, they all also point to God. Whom everyone knows as Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums