please help my doughter!

boldarius

Apr 15, 2006
✟139.00
Faith
Christian
This is the story of Oana Bolovan, the youngest daughter of Andreea and Darius from the little village of Silistea Crucii, in the South of Romania.
She was born prematurely (after 6 months of pregnancy) and she weighted only 1200 grams. She fought hard to survive since the beginning and it was a small victory when she pulled through to grow to normal weight later on.
Then, more news darkened her parents' happiness. She was diagnosed with retina detachment.
She is now one year and two months and all she can see are dark shadows and faint light.
The retina is the light-sensitive layer of tissue that lines the inside of the eye and sends visual messages through the optic nerve to the brain. When the retina detaches, it is lifted or pulled from its normal position. If not promptly treated, retinal detachment can cause permanent vision loss.
In a desperate attempt to save her daughter's sight, Oana's parents traveled 160 miles to the Romanian capital, Bucharest, to the best Ophthalmology Clinic, to be treated by renowned eye surgeon Dr. Florin Balta.
For multiple reasons, Oana can't be operated in Romania , and Dr. Balta recommended that her only chance to ever see again was to have the operation abroad.
At Dr. Balta's recommendation, The Ophthalmology Clinic in Willrijk ? Belgium was the only clinic accepting Oana's case. The chief of the clinic, Dr. Claes agreed to operate as soon as the girl and her mother can come to Belgium but they must pay 35,000 EU or 41,000 USD.
The period of 23th-5th of May, 2006 was booked for the operation.
Oana's father works as a post man and Oana's mother is unemployed since little Oana requires 24 hour care and they do not any other means to finance themselves for this costly trip. 6,000 EU is not a lot of money if we pull together and give as much as we can?and to Oana's parents this money means the sight of their daughter?.which cannot be translated into any financial sum? So they need 41,000 EU.
I am making a personal appeal to your human kindness to reach into your hearts and offer your help! Imagine what a miracle would be for Oana to see her mother's smile!
This season is often called the Season of Goodwill, the Season of Love and Hope. Together, we can save Oana's sight and change her life for a better future. There is hope! There is a chance! Let's bring a ray of light into Oana's dark world!
It is in this spirit that I ask you to generously offer your financial support to help this little girl. Please find attached pictures of Oana as well as her diagnose certificate. Any contribution, small or big is most welcome as time is short until the date scheduled for operation.
I thank you for the bottom of my heart for you time and your donations.
please contact us at: bol_darius@yahoo.com
or visit oana's web site : http://ca.geocities.com/bol_darius/