Madrid
✟8,074.00
Country
Spain
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hello guys, my name is Álvaro. I'm a catholic from Spain, and I'm currently working on a project about ecumenism and the apostolic churches. That's why I'm doing a survey to understand better oriental orthodoxy and your faith, that is not well known in my country. Everything I have learned about your Church in the past few months has been great and I would love to hear you guys opinions and thoughts.
Answering this survey will only take a few minutes, but it is an act of charity :)

Also, please if you know any oriental orthodox clergy I could contact to further my research I would be eternally grateful. May the Most Holy Theotokos protect us!

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hi Álvaro. I just filled out the survey. It was very good, but if I could offer one piece of advice to make it even better, I think you could clarify the question that asks if we believe that there is prejudice towards Roman Catholicism. It is not clear if you mean by this "Is there prejudice towards Roman Catholicism within Oriental Orthodox churches" or if you mean "Is there prejudice towards Roman Catholicism in general" (outside of specifically Oriental Orthodox churches). I answered that I believe that there is such prejudice, but I don't really ever see it in the Coptic Orthodox Church of which I am a member. For sure there are some disagreements, and even some misunderstandings (the Roman Catholic and Coptic Catholic churches in Egypt are both very small, so there is not a lot of knowledge about them among Coptic Orthodox people), but I don't think it rises to the level of prejudice. In fact, because I was received into the Coptic Orthodox Church in New Mexico -- a state of the United States with a large RC population and a very long history with the RCC -- the priest of our parish (St. Bishoy C.O.C., in Albuquerque) would buy candles and other things used during liturgy from the local Roman Catholic religious supply store, since that was the only religious establishment in the area that sold those items. I went with him once to pick up some items there. We always had good relations with the local RCC, and the local Greek Orthodox Church too.

Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello guys, my name is Álvaro. I'm a catholic from Spain, and I'm currently working on a project about ecumenism and the apostolic churches. That's why I'm doing a survey to understand better oriental orthodoxy and your faith, that is not well known in my country. Everything I have learned about your Church in the past few months has been great and I would love to hear you guys opinions and thoughts.
Answering this survey will only take a few minutes, but it is an act of charity :)

Also, please if you know any oriental orthodox clergy I could contact to further my research I would be eternally grateful. May the Most Holy Theotokos protect us!

I can get you in touch with a number of Orthodox clergy, including OO, Assyrian and EO priests.

Upvote 0