• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Please help me to believe

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
hi everyone
I’m having so much anxiety

I’m scared about not being able to believe,it seems so hard for someone like me to just simply believe in Jesus.I refuse to accept anything of this world and all its skepticism of the Bible,I encounter it all the time.I worry why I just can’t have the faith to simply believe.And it seems like I can’t even pray to believe because God only hears the prayers of believers.I feel like I’m in the dark

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
hi everyone
I’m having so much anxiety

I’m scared about not being able to believe,it seems so hard for someone like me to just simply believe in Jesus.I refuse to accept anything of this world and all its skepticism of the Bible,I encounter it all the time.I worry why I just can’t have the faith to simply believe.And it seems like I can’t even pray to believe because God only hears the prayers of believers.I feel like I’m in the dark

Read through your past posts and the comments. You do believe.

Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
We don't have to trust in the strength of our own faith. Our strength, no matter where it lies, is as imperfect as we are. We can trust and hope in God and Christ even with our unbelief. In fact that's where always go to, even when I'm riddled with doubt, I go to the God I'm doubting, give it to Him, and ask Him to take care of my faith and me. Dependence. We must go to Him as we are. You'll be given plenty of faith. It's like tree that grows, and we don't always know how. Don't be afraid to pray, it's quite alright. He is pulling you, after all, and He wants everyone to come to Him. We all go to Him as sinners. Christ leaves the 99 and goes after the sheep that wandered away, He will catch that sheep and carry it home.

Growing in faith is hard, and if one suffers from anxiety and if fear motivates our thoughts, it's even harder. But in the end it's not about us or our strength, it's about Christ and what He did and does, and it's about His strength, not ours. You can hope in His name, like a child, even if your faith is weak, and even if you're afraid. Also, I think you believe more than you know. You're merely doubting your own strength and understanding when it comes to God. I'd say it's not a bad thing, as it keeps one humble, but you don't have to make it into a weapon against yourself, nor should you judge the character of God, who gave His Son for you, through your anxiety and terror. You will learn, in time.

"For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I worry why I just can’t have the faith to simply believe.And it seems like I can’t even pray to believe because God only hears the prayers of believers.I feel like I’m in the dark
"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

Upvote 0