• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Please help me! I worry that I may have cursed myself, accidentally, for using an unknown word!

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was thinking about my ocd fear. My ocd fear is about a punishment from God. As I was thinking randomly, about different stuff, I thought something like this. I will write it in third person, due to anxiety.

The ocd guy thought that if the punishment from God happened, woe to him (alimono)

After some minutes, I started feeling guilty for using the word "alimono" My ocd tells me that by using that word, I may have cursed myself. I do not know why. It was just a random thought. I worry if I have accidentally, brought the ocd punishment to myself for using these words. Why I worry so much? What "alimono" means. there are many meanings. what if it is a forbidden word? what if i brought a curse to myself for using it?

There are different meanings behind that word. What if it is a "word" that is being used to bring curse to yourself? What if Jesus is not real and there is a God who does not care about ocd? Please can someone explain me the word?

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My ocd tells me that by using that word

Why are you listening to your OCD intrusive thoughts?

Do you read and do any of the advice you are given?

OCD intrusive thoughts are not real, so do not talk with them, argue or try to suppress them.

All you do is acknowledge them. Then carry on with what you are doing.

Curse yourself on the instruction of something that is not real !
No you have not cursed yourself.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was thinking about my ocd fear. My ocd fear is about a punishment from God. As I was thinking randomly, about different stuff, I thought something like this. I will write it in third person, due to anxiety.

The ocd guy thought that if the punishment from God happened, woe to him (alimono)

After some minutes, I started feeling guilty for using the word "alimono" My ocd tells me that by using that word, I may have cursed myself. I do not know why. It was just a random thought. I worry if I have accidentally, brought the ocd punishment to myself for using these words. Why I worry so much? What "alimono" means. there are many meanings. what if it is a forbidden word? what if i brought a curse to myself for using it?

There are different meanings behind that word. What if it is a "word" that is being used to bring curse to yourself? What if Jesus is not real and there is a God who does not care about ocd? Please can someone explain me the word?
Our minds think all sorts of weird things. The task for those of us with OCD is to learn to ignore most of this stuff as meaningless, instead of thinking everything has some big, bad meaning behind it. Our minds are extremely creative, and can even make us think that we mean/want thoughts that we actually don't. OCD picks right up on that and has a field day with us, if we let it. That is why we MUST MUST MUST learn to work on our OCD, if we want to get out from under the control of it. If not, it will just keep messing with our minds. That's what it loves doing the most. :)

Upvote 0