• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Please help me... I have been asking God to help me regarding this struggle

RedeemedtoManhood

Jul 29, 2017
Metro Manila
✟21,884.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Siblings in the Lord and friends, thank you for this.

For many many years, I have struggled with this deep dark secret. I feel insecure that I am not attractive to women.

I'm just 2 months at my new work. I happened to be in an office where the 3 other men are attractive. They have all worked in this office for at least 4 to 5 years. The women in the office have been constantly remarking the 3 men's good looks and some are subtly hitting at them or joking about it.

They are all talking to me and they like me as a person, and this manifests in a lot of ways. But I'm insecure that they are not noticing me nor attracted to me.

Ever since day 1 in the office, I have done my best. I have constantly asked God to make me attractive to the women in the office. I came to work with hair fixed, without any indication of vanity, and regularly had haircuts that I think suits me. I have used these soaps and product that hopefully make my skin smooth. I have been wearing clothes that suit me best. I have been wearing these 1 inch additional shoes to make me appear taller.

It is heartbreaking.

Please don't ask me to send pics. But if you will ask me what people outside of the office have been telling me, there are some who tell me I look good. And some, I guess, think I'm ordinary.

I'm guessing it is because of my same sex attraction... it probably manifests....This might be one of the reasons why women in the office don't seem to find me attractive?

Please be brutally honest and tell me your thoughts on this, and advice if you have. I appreciate this so much, siblings.

Psalm83:18

Oct 9, 2022
NYC
✟16,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Single
I don’t know the advice that others might give but if it is affecting you this deeply (and I have very much struggled with inadequacy myself at times) have you considered working elsewhere? I know it’s a very superficial solution but if your job is affecting your mental well-being this deeply, there is no shortage of jobs out there right now.

Upvote 0