✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
In visible disk huh. One that casts a shadow. OK, gotcha. Thanks

Funnily enough, they take the idea from Hindu mythology. And then go on to say that outer space and a round earth are pagan deceptions meant to discredit the Bible. Go figure.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do understand exactly what she is talking about, although I just didn't understand why I was being asked to explain the words of others.

You have to think about it a bit abstractly. The difference is between the starting and ending aspect of the plane and the ground, and the matching aspect of the gyroscope. They should not be the same based on the starting and ending points. And she finally got it one day. Fabulous to watch.

Gyroscopes do drift and need to be reset at a rate of 15 degrees of drift per hour, all depending completely on friction and rates of change.
New Coning Error Compensation Method Using Direct Signal

If you hold a running aircraft Gyro in your hand and tilt it a few times, it will no longer be level. My dad was a small plane pilot. Drift rates of over 1000 degrees per hour are possible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SLP

May 29, 2002
✟21,532.00
Faith
Atheist
Haven't you heard?

Only the earth, the sun, and the moon actually exist. The former is flat, the latter two are small balls that fly over it, being only a few dozen miles up in the sky, and all of the other stars, planets, galaxies, etc. are just illusions, like stick-on decals on the solid dome.
I HAD heard of the few dozen miles thing - in fact, I once began watching a video that, by virtue of its title, I thought to be a debunking of flat earth nonsense, yet went on to declare that the sun and moon are actually WITHIN our atmosphere... the atmosphere of the flat earth, that is...

• Haha
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I HAD heard of the few dozen miles thing - in fact, I once began watching a video that, by virtue of its title, I thought to be a debunking of flat earth nonsense, yet went on to declare that the sun and moon are actually WITHIN our atmosphere... the atmosphere of the flat earth, that is...

Well it is a BIG flat Earth and that dome is like HUGE so there is plenty of room. We need to get Donald in on this conspiracy.

• Haha
Reactions: SLP
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,481.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well it is a BIG flat Earth and that dome is like HUGE so there is plenty of room. We need to get Donald in on this conspiracy.
There is enough space junk out there without adding a comb-over.

• Haha
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0