Visit site
✟8,583.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
How many Piers Anthony fans are out there?

I love every single book of his that I have read. I've not read them all (there are sooo many) but I really liked the Xanth novel about Dor going through the tapestry.. I can't remember the name. *slams head against desk repeatedly* That's going to bug me all night long. I really liked "A Roc and a Hardplace"

I also like other books by Piers Anthony, such as his Incarnations of Immortality series, and the Isle of Man (awesome book) I first started reading his books with the Apprentice Adept series, but now I can't find the final book anywhere.
I've also read Firefly, Tathum Mound, Virtual Mode and Fractal Mode, most of the Dragon's Gold series, If I Pay Thee Not in Gold, and Through the Ice.

I actually wrote to Piers Anthony when I was 14, and he replied..sent me some autographed book covers and posters. I still have them. :D

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
i've only read the Xanth series and it's extremely creative and funny. The only thing i don't like is that he makes a lot of references of the female body... if you knew what i meant.

other than that, i've nothing against the books.

Upvote 0

Myah

Invoking Wisdom
Dec 8, 2003
Arkansas
Visit site
✟8,583.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
BeanMak said:
I love the Xanth series. Was the one you were thinking about Crewel Lye?
I think my favorite was a "Spell for Chameleon"
I look for them when I am at the book store. I find his adult conspiracy very cute. :)

No...it wasn't "Crewel Lye" It was either the second or the third book...actually, I think it was the second one. And I STILL can't remember it.
I also like how main characters never die, but just "fade out"

Upvote 0

Dracil

Dec 25, 2003
San Francisco
✟16,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh man, I love Piers Anthony's books! Xanth is favorite, also like the Incarnations of Immortality, and the Blue Adept series, and perhaps some more! :D Good thing my middle school/high school library had a ton of his books!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thithy

It's my life...
May 18, 2004
Cheney, WA
✟15,990.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I just love Piers Anthony. Great stuff. Read several of the Xanth books, Hasan, and I'm reading the Mode series. Love it all. My dad got me hooked. He gave me Dragon on a Pedistal when I was a little girl, maybe 6 years old, thought I would like it because it's about a little girl. Didn't really understand it, but I know I finished it. I just love how everyone has a different talent. I think the book you were thinking about was Castle Roogna, but that's not where Dor goes through the tapestry it's his father (can't remember the name right now, going to hurt myself when I actually remember). When the huge spider (Jumper I believe) went with him. Great stuff, I love it. Dangit all, I feel really stupid for not being able to remember. Oh yes I remember now! Bink. OK, now I don't feel as bad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pseud

Jesus Geek
Sep 15, 2003
US
Visit site
✟16,195.00
Faith
Christian
I like him lots. I've read the incarnations of immortality series, and I picked up book one again from the bookshop but haven't started reading it yet.

I started off reading him with the bio of a space tyrant series, about Hope Hubris. Those were some cool books. Then I moved onto the adept series, and that's all I've read so far!

Upvote 0