Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If abiogenesis kick-started animal life on this planet, and photosynthesis kick-started plant life on this planet; then why is photosynthesis still going on and abiogenesis isn't?

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This is inline with the question which always puzzles me:

If evolution were true, why is the same (or even similar) process NEVER repeated? For example, why don't we keep seeing fishes turned into amphibians? Why is the Devonian the only time for this process to take place?

If a feature or a process just happened one time, that fits the definition of creation.

Reactions: tevans9129
Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
This is inline with the question which always puzzles me:

If evolution were true, why is the same (or even similar) process NEVER repeated?

Evolution is ongoing; it hasn't stopped.

For example, why don't we keep seeing fishes turned into amphibians? Why is the Devonian the only time for this process to take place?

When/if a new ecological niche opens up, you can expect to see it filled.

If a feature or a process just happened one time, that fits the definition of creation.

Again, it is an ongoing process.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are you telling us that you know nothing about evolution but you are still prepared to argue against it?
As I have said many times before, my niece should be able to look a scientist right in the eyes and say, 'Evolution can take a hike.'

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
As I have said many times before, my niece should be able to look a scientist right in the eyes and say, 'Evolution can take a hike.'

That depends on how old your niece is, and how much influence you've had on her ;)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That depends on how old your niece is, and how much influence you've had on her ;)
I'd put any child (nursing or otherwise) up against the likes of Carl Pagan any day.

Matthew 21:16b And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I'd put any child (nursing or otherwise) up against the likes of Carl Pagan any day.

Matthew 21:16b And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?

With the intent to accomplish... ?

Upvote 0
J

Jazer

If evolution were true, why is the same (or even similar) process NEVER repeated?
Actually I wonder just the opposite. If evolution is true why do we have the same or similar process repeated when there is NO common ancestor for this process. In math you have to be able to check the equation both ways, but evolution only works in one direction. Everything falls apart when you go to check your results. In the end creationism or Common Designer is the best answer. Compared to the theory of common descent based on common ancestor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Actually I wonder just the opposite. If evolution is true why do we have the same or similar process repeated when there is NO common ancestor for this process. In math you have to be able to check the equation both ways, but evolution only works in one direction. Everything falls apart when you go to check your results. In the end creationism or Common Designer is the best answer. Compared to the theory of common descent based on common ancestor.
Exactly.

We serve a Common Designer, not a common ancestor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

I may need an example to see what you said.

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
If abiogenesis kick-started animal life on this planet, and photosynthesis kick-started plant life on this planet; then why is photosynthesis still going on and abiogenesis isn't?

Who says it isn't? What is to prevent it?

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Evolution is ongoing; it hasn't stopped.

When/if a new ecological niche opens up, you can expect to see it filled.

Again, it is an ongoing process.

A completely blind faith.

Upvote 0