Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Sept 28 (Reuters) - Roving groups of young people broke into retail stores in Philadelphia and grabbed merchandise in the early hours on Thursday, as a beefed-up police presence failed to bring a halt to a looting spree that began the previous night.

The two-night rampage, which resulted in dozens of arrests on Tuesday and Wednesday, targeted an auto dealership, an Apple (AAPL.O) electronics store, liquor stores and other retailers. The break-ins prompted all state-run liquor stores in the city to close indefinitely on Wednesday, according to local news reports.

Philadelphia's looting spree comes amid a nationwide surge in organized retail crime, compounding the financial losses that big box U.S. retailers are experiencing as a result of weakening consumer demand, according to the National Retail Federation (NRF) trade group.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
These places should start using a 24 hour armed guard service. The rule of law should be, people start breaking in, the guard opens fire.
Capitalism isn’t worth one’s soul.

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2010
United Kingdom
✟227,139.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
These places should start using a 24 hour armed guard service. The rule of law should be, people start breaking in, the guard opens fire.
I thought it was "A life for a life", not "A life for an Apple Mac".

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I thought it was "A life for a life", not "A life for an Apple Mac".
Who's going to start looting when they know someone is going to start shooting at them? That's the whole point of armed guards. According to a brief search I did there are over 239,822 armed guards currently employed in the United States. How many do you think are actually shooting people? Probably 99.9% never take their gun out of the holster while on duty. Which is because people don't give them a reason to, because they don't want to get shot.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who are those people braking in the stores and why are they doing this?
Apparently mainly teenagers. Basically they're doing it because they can get away with it. It also probably has to to with the breakdown of the family unit and weak child-rearing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,541.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Basically they're doing it because they can get away with it.
I do not think that healthy and normal people steal just because they can get away with it. For example, if you leave your phone in Japan and return later, it will still be where you left it.
If I am in a shop and the seller is somewhere in the back for something, I do not steal and run away just because I can, I wait till he returns and I pay for the goods.

So, there must be something else, in your society and culture, that harms people. Why do they even think that having Apple is something they must risk for? I have never had anything from Apple.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,541.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you think anyone is going to loot a store that has an armed guard?
Do you think that life in a society that has armed guards in shops (or schools, oh mine), security cameras recording you everywhere you go etc. has impact on one's mental health and on personal feeling of freedom and happiness?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do not think that healthy and normal people steal just because they can get away with it. For example, if you leave your phone in Japan and return later, it will still be where you left it.
If I am in a shop and the seller is somewhere in the back for something, I do not steal and run away just because I can, I wait till he returns and I pay for the goods.

So, there must be something else, in your society and culture, that harms people. Why do they even think that having Apple is something they must risk for? I have never had anything from Apple.
I think a big contributing factor is liberalism that's anti discipline and punishment, along with pro drug use, and pro anarchy to bring down capitalism. That stuff is probably mostly being stolen to be sold. Probably mostly for drug money.

I think that's why those who are pro liberalism are denying it's happening.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you think that life in a society that has armed guards in shops (or schools, oh mine), security cameras recording you everywhere you go etc. has impact on one's mental health and on personal feeling of freedom and happiness?
Maybe for people who are up to no good.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,541.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe for people who are up to no good.
I would not live in a city that looks like a prison, either. It must have a profound impact on mental health of people, mainly children. The constant feeling of danger and of being watched or shot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,541.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think a big contributing factor is liberalism that's anti discipline and punishment, along with pro drug use, and pro anarchy to bring down capitalism. That stuff is probably mostly being stolen to be sold. Probably mostly for drug money.

Is there a reason why teens are on drugs, in Philadelphia?

Many countries in Europe are much more liberal and social than USA, but do not have these problems. And do not have armed guards in shops or schools.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is there a reason why teens are on drugs, in Philadelphia?

Many countries in Europe are much more liberal and social than USA, but do not have these problems. And do not have armed guards in shops or schools.
This is very much from the American materialistic society where one must get ahead by any means necessary. It is the fault of high profits, low wages, and the collection of wealth. All of this is fed into the media through ads to buy and want more. This leads to the poor stealing because there is no other way to get ahead.

Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This is the reason exactly, no consequences to the thieves actions.

We saw something similar in the "summer of love" where the anarchist were rioting, burning down buildings and the liberals were promoting it while protecting them from any consequences.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,541.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is the reason exactly, no consequences to the thieves actions.

We saw something similar in the "summer of love" where the anarchist were rioting, burning down buildings and the liberals were promoting it while protecting them from any consequences.
Why are they thieves and anarchists, though? Why is the common society in Philadelphia not working for them? Why do they want to burn your buildings down?

Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why are they thieves and anarchists, though? Why is the common society in Philadelphia not working for them? Why do they want to burn your buildings down?
Maybe because it is being promoted?

Upvote 0