✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I was curious of the title of Abraham in Gen 23:6

Ge 23:6 Hear us, my lord: thou art a mighty prince among us: in the choice of our sepulchres bury thy dead; none of us shall withhold from thee his sepulchre, but that thou mayest bury thy dead.

The Hebrew scripture uses Prince, but the Greek uses king. I have read the Syriac uses the Hebrew probably second century. I assume the the Syriac uses Prince also. I am not sure when the modern Hebrew version was finished for copy. I know the original Hebrew is lost.

Does anyone know?

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I was curious of the title of Abraham in Gen 23:6

Ge 23:6 Hear us, my lord: thou art a mighty prince among us: in the choice of our sepulchres bury thy dead; none of us shall withhold from thee his sepulchre, but that thou mayest bury thy dead.

The Hebrew scripture uses Prince, but the Greek uses king. I have read the Syriac uses the Hebrew probably second century. I assume the the Syriac uses Prince also. I am not sure when the modern Hebrew version was finished for copy. I know the original Hebrew is lost.

Does anyone know?
Melekh is King. Adonai is Lord. Sar can also be prince. The word used here is Nasi. Can also mean something like head, leader or prince (as a title)...a "Godly Prince or leader" as in in this passage.

Upvote 0