Perfection

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Often, during Yeshua's walk, He encountered people who, in their own eyes, did everything they thought was right, aiming for perfection, but missed the mark. Yeshua always went to the heart of the matter in these cases and opened up their eyes to their imperfections. Yet, He expects it something we can obtain.

What did Yeshua consider perfect...

John 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. 18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. 19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. 20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; 21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. 25 O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. 26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

Reactions: CherubRam

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
This oneness with Yeshua is what He declared is perfect. Paul points out that we must move on from the milk of the gospel into the meat....thus leaving the prinicples of the doctrine of Christ....become enlightened [via Holy Spirit] tasteing the heavenly gift...made partakers of the Holy Spirit... notice the three ways of experiencing the Holy Spirit...for the born again experience, eye salve into going from the carnal [material] world to the spiritual realm. Then there is the tasteing, which is sampling, experimenting with the new spiritual life, and then there is the ful participation as in partaking, indwelling of the Holy Spirit....which is where we experience the powers of the world to come....anyone move any mountains lately, walked on water, walked through walls, or appeared here to witness then there when finished?

Hebrews 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, 2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. 3 And this will we do, if God permit. 4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Perfect is when you are Holy consumed into doing the Will of God with no care for self, trusting God to provide like He provides for the birds of the air...

Hebrews 13:19 But I beseech you the rather to do this, that I may be restored to you the sooner. 20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is well pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

1 CORINTHIANS 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: 7: But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory.

It is out of innocent trust in God, resting on His Word, trusting in the movement of the Holy Spirit to present perfect moments.

Matt 21:16 And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
The Holy Spirit is perfecting holiness in us. Perfect holiness is God’s command (1 Thess. 4:7) and purpose.

1 Thessalonians 4:7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.
1 Thessalonians 5:23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
The last generation will acheive this perfection that the Lord is looking for. Until the last generation, where those who are alive and awaiting the Lord’s return, it has been that only after death are the saints referred to as “perfect” (Heb. 12:23).

Hebrews 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

I see us perfecting the Spirit in Christ in us through the power of the Holy Spirit and it is like Mount Sinai experience that Moses experienced, but our minds are better prepared to experience being in the presence of God, which perfects what our hearts and minds have pondered on how to acheive....we love our God with all our hearts and with all our mind...

Heb 12:22-23 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the first born, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect.

We can see that this gathering to the temple of God will be the most glorious experience for the believers, than that which has ever been experienced before.

Haggai 2:1 In the seventh month, in the one and twentieth day of the month, came the word of the LORD by the prophet Haggai, saying, 2:9 He said, don’t worry about it….., The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
He was speaking of Solomon’s Temple where there was a manifest presence of God in the former house. He is also speaking of the latter house being more glorious. We are to be the latter house.

Ephesians 4:11-12 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

They are for the maturing of the saints.

Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:

1 Corinthians 13:9-12 For we know in part; and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

"For the law having a shadow of good thing to come and not the very image of the things, can never ....make the comers there unto perfect." Heb 10:1 "...because that the worshipers once purged should have no more conscience of sins" Heb 10:2 The work of the High Priest (Jesus) is on the perfecting of the saints to sin no more, to be in perfect harmony with the will and word of God. "For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified....Now where remission of these is, there is not more offering for sin" Heb 10:14, 18 So when the Day of Atonement is over in heaven there is no more offering for sin, judgment comes (the plagues), and the end of the world.

Psalm 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times[Feast of Trumpets]

1 Corinthians 1:10 I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought. with God through Jesus Christ, our Lord.

1 John 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment:[Day of Atonement] because as he is, so are we in this world.

1 Kings 8:61 Let your heart therefore be perfect with the LORD our God, to walk in his statutes, and to keep his commandments, as at this day.

Psalm 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.

Psalm 18:32 It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.

Psalm 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

Psalm 37:37 Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace. [Think about Rev 11:1 where they measure the Temple of God and them that worship therein]

Psalm 50:2 Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God hath shined.

Psalm 101:2 I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.

Psalm 119:96 I have seen an end of all perfection[as we discuss thy commandments of God and have discussed in many ways the end or where is the line drawn and perfection can be reached]: but thy commandment is exceeding broad.

Proverbs 4:18 But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

As with each of our walks, the Holy Spirit shines forth on our path showing us, the laws become our rod [which disciplines us on the way] and thy staff [which keeps us out of trouble, preserves us from evil].

Proverbs 11:5 The righteousness of the perfect shall direct his way: but the wicked shall fall by his own wickedness.

Upvote 0