People who eat a vegetarian diet live longer than those who eat meat.

Dec 18, 2012
✟886.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
But does it really matter? (spiritually) Isn't it what leaves the mouth that which defiles us?
If your true point is physical health, I can kinda see your point.

God wants his people to be healthy, that is why He gave Adam and Eve, Noah, and Moses the knowledge of what animals are clean and those that are unclean. Moreover, if you body is healthy, and your mind clear you can understand the deeper things of God better.

Upvote 0

Rev Randy

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Aug 14, 2012
Florida,USA
✟25,153.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
God wants his people to be healthy, that is why He gave Adam and Eve, Noah, and Moses the knowledge of what animals are clean and those that are unclean. Moreover, if you body is healthy, and your mind clear you can understand the deeper things of God better.

What I bolded is simply untrue. I know many with true mental problems who have perfectly healthy bodies and many with severe physical problems with wonderful minds.
I know of only one food that is effectual toward spirituality. And it sure ain't a veggy.

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
What I bolded is simply untrue. I know many with true mental problems who have perfectly healthy bodies and many with severe physical problems with wonderful minds.

I know of only one food that is effectual toward spirituality. And it sure ain't a veggy.

:thumbsup::amen:

Food for eternal life.

Upvote 0

Rev Randy

Aug 14, 2012
Florida,USA
✟25,153.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
:thumbsup::amen:

Food for eternal life.

"He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, “Do you love me?” and he said to him, “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Feed my sheep."
You'd think saying it thrice would be enough.:doh:

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
"He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, “Do you love me?” and he said to him, “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Feed my sheep."

You'd think saying it thrice would be enough.:doh:

It was ;)

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
The first pick in Google seems to explode your idea of healthy. This doctor tried the diet and quit after he himself got sick doing it here is his testimony
Dear Vince,
Here is the points he made
High in copper. This may not seem to be important, but it is critically important today when most people are already extremely toxic with copper.

Low in zinc. This is also a very serious and almost universal nutritional imbalance already, and vegetarian diets tend to make it much worse. The main foods that contain zinc are meats.

Too high in carbohydrates. This applies especially to vegan diets that do not contain eggs or dairy products. The remaining foods available are mainly high in carbohydrates, such as grains and beans. Most people already eat too many of these foods, so they become even more imbalanced and malnourished, even if the quality of the food is excellent.

Low in protein. This is not necessary, but often occurs with vegetarian and especially vegan diets. There are simply many fewer protein foods to choose from, so people tend to live on more pasta, bread, grains, fruits, and other non-protein foods.

Poor quality proteins. Most vegetarian proteins do not seem to nourish the body nearly as well as does meat, eggs, and possibly raw dairy products. Most vegetarians, however, exist on more soy protein, nuts and seeds, and some protein from grains. This is not as good for one’s health and causes low phosphorus readings on hair tests, telling us that these proteins do not rebuild the body as well.

Very low in the essential sulfur-bearing amino acids such as taurine, cysteine, carnitine and methionine. This is a very serious problem with vegetarian diets, perhaps one of the worst. These amino acids are essential for liver detoxification of the heavy metals and of all toxic chemicals as well. No matter how clean the diet, without them the body cannot remove toxins as well, and this shortens the lifespan in all cases, in my experience.

Extremely low in vitamin D. This is another critical problem today. Most vitamin D comes from fish oils, and perhaps a little from organic, raw dairy products, though not enough for most people. The sun, meanwhile, is not providing enough vitamin D, even if you sit in it all day long.

Extremely low in omega-3 fatty acids. This is another critical deficiency, although this can be corrected by adding at least two tablespoons of ground flax seed to the diet every day.

Often low in B-complex vitamins. Many people obtain the bulk of their B-complex vitamins from meats, which are rich sources, along with eggs. This problem with vegetarian diets is quite harmful and makes them particularly unsuitable for most people today, especially those of the white or Caucasian race.
And another point made:
Dr. Price found that vegetarian diets lead to more birth defects, for example. This should not be surprising because zinc, for example, is critical to prevent birth defects, and is very deficient today in the Western world, in particular, in the soils and in the food supply.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
More from that page:
ARE HUMAN BEINGS DESIGNED TO BE VEGETARIANS?

The Swedish scientist Karl Von Linne states, "Man's structure, external and internal, compared with that of the other animals, shows that fruit and succulent vegetables constitute his natural food." Let us examine this carefully.
Contrary to the statement, humans have sharp teeth for cutting meat called the incisors. So it is a lot of fudging of facts to fit a theory. Their intestines are also rather short compared to vegetarian animals. This is also a sign that they are not designed primarily as vegetable eaters, as are cows, horses and some other animals. These animals spend all day chewing up grasses, and the cow then “chews its cud”, meaning it regurgitates the grasses and chews it some more. People do not do this. Cows also have 4 stomach pouches, as do some other vegetarian animals, while humans do not. Therefore, the statement that humans are designed as vegetarians is an exaggeration and not true.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
And finally this:
I have yet to read statistics anywhere that vegetarians live longer, healthier lives. The exception are certain groups such as Seventh Day Adventists. However, they also abstain from alcohol and are religious people. So it is not fair to attribute their improved health just to a vegetarian diets.
The Japanese live the longest, among civilized nations today. They are not vegetarians at all, since they eat a wide variety of fish, seafood, animals and more. So the idea that vegetarianism is healthier is simply not true.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What God wants you to be abstinent of "certain foods" to understand the "deeper things of god"? -I personally left that a little "g", because the God of the Word does not give any such doctrine.
According to the Word of God, there are devils pretending to be "god" who teach "touch not, taste not, handle not", and other anti biblical doctrines to subject man to "will worship".

Upvote 0

ptomwebster

Jul 10, 2011
MN
Visit site
✟1,922.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
DNA was not my point. He had human blood but we have no evidence of Mary's birth tribe. My point was adoption.

Is Christ of the Order of Melchizedek (Priest-King) or not? One cannot be priest by adoption only by birth DNA.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rev Randy

Aug 14, 2012
Florida,USA
✟25,153.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Is Christ of the Order of Melchizedek (Priest-King) or not? One cannot be priest by adoption only by birth DNA.
sez who? Christ is God. He may do what he wills and what the Father wills.I am quite certain no one was given a DNA test in the time Christ walked the earth.
I'm thinking that's a fairly new test.
I need no DNA test to say my adopted daughter will inherit everything of mine. I need no test or DNA to call her my daughter. She has my name and that's enough. She is and will always be the daughter of a priest.
No I'm not saying He was of that Order. I'm just repeating it. Scripture says it.
Hebrews Chapter 5
5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.

6 As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

10 Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
There never was a requirement of ancestry for the Melchizedek order, only after Moses were priests required to have the right ancestry.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by Sophrosyne
And finally this:
The Japanese eat a lot of vegetables and rice, historically, but with McDonalds spreading across the world, they are currently getting more and more disease that we see in the USA.
What is your source for that?

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
The Japanese eat a lot of vegetables and rice, historically, but with McDonalds spreading across the world, they are currently getting more and more disease that we see in the USA.
Nice try but the Japanese eat meats which means that they are NOT the problem with living longer it is more likely bad diet than anything.

Upvote 0