People who eat a vegetarian diet live longer than those who eat meat.

Rev Randy

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Aug 14, 2012
Florida,USA
✟25,153.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Oh ok, well I don't agree with what he is saying. Christ is High Priest, and King of Kings (because of His lineage.)

You are right that the covenant was in context. For example, [sin] sacrifices are no longer necessary because God provided the ultimate sacrifice (Christ.) So, us sacrificing animals - no matter how blameless or their "first" status is really not valid. Killing people in the presence of witnesses, and elders is no longer our place either, as Christ as King has chosen to be merciful first, before judgment. And, if the King isn't stoning people, then his subjects shouldn't execute justice in that way.

Circumcision, to me, is something with which I still (to this day) contend. It doesn't, however, cut one off from God, as belief and faith in Christ justifies you. Moreover, we do not know if the thief on the cross next to Christ was circumcised, and Christ told him that He would see him in Paradise.
I did not say because of his linage. I was simply pointing out that prophecy was fulfilled as Christ was of Judah and not of Levi. He was and is King of Kings and our High Priest because He is God.

Upvote 0

Rev Randy

Aug 14, 2012
Florida,USA
✟25,153.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I keep reading that God does not change. I actually agree with that on it's face value. BUT God changes things including people. That the Law was fulfilled does not mean God changed His mind. It simply means it was His plan from before the foundation of the world. It was not like God suddenly woke up with some new idea. The idea was only new to mankind and then only because they had not understood the Prophets words telling of things to come. It wasn't even a secret.

Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Now this is why I raised these issues. You said God does not change. Yet you note portions of the law that no longer apply. That is the heart of the issue.

Valid question. That is the reason I gave the Hebrew meaning of that word "change" in an earlier post for clarification. In essence, God isn't a flip-flopper. He wont say rape is wrong, then backtrack and say its OK. Now, in terms of fulfillment, or termination, or addition, God does that sometimes. He told the Israelites that their vain sacrifices displeased Him, and He didn't want any more sacrifices. Christ added on to the adultery sin by making the thought of it wrong (as opposed to just the act.) The fact that sacrifices themselves are allusions to Christ's sacrifice is one indicator that animal sacrifices are not needed (the purpose of the sin/peace/love sacrifice was fulfilled by Christ's sacrifice.) God can "change" in the most basic form of the word, but the context is about reneging on things. He does not renege, or mistake.

Upvote 0

ptomwebster

Jul 10, 2011
MN
Visit site
✟1,922.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I did not say because of his linage. I was simply pointing out that prophecy was fulfilled as Christ was of Judah and not of Levi. He was and is King of Kings and our High Priest because He is God.

But Christ is also of the linage of Levi through Mary's mother a 100% Levite.

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
But Christ is also of the linage of Levi through Mary's mother a 100% Levite.

Well, tradition might point to Mary's mother being a Levite.

And Elizabeth, a relative of Mary, is married to a Levite.

But scripture identifies Jesus as of the tribe of Judah.

Upvote 0

ptomwebster

Jul 10, 2011
MN
Visit site
✟1,922.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, tradition might point to Mary's mother being a Levite.

And Elizabeth, a relative of Mary, is married to a Levite.

But scripture identifies Jesus as of the tribe of Judah.

Correct, AND, Zacharias was a temple priest meaning he had to have married a 100% Levite woman, Elizabeth.
So Mary's mother was also 100% Levite. Mary was part Levite and part Judah. Christ was Mary's Son so He received that lineage from her. He was part Levite and part Judah and 100% God.

Reactions: Lollerskates
Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Correct, AND, Zacharias was a temple priest meaning he had to have married a 100% Levite woman, Elizabeth.

So Mary's mother was also 100% Levite. Mary was part Levite and part Judah. Christ was Mary's Son so He received that lineage from her. He was part Levite and part Judah and 100% God.

I am not sure that your claims about who he had to marry is right.

If you have some scripture to back that up I'd appreciate it if you posted it.

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2012
✟886.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That is why my faith tag is non-denominational. I may hit on Messianic, Catholic, Adventist, Orthodox, Baptist, Hebrew, etc. If you knew me personally, you would know I do not fit into neat boxes in any aspect of my personality - including spirituality. I do not follow Ellen White, and I don't believe what she believes. I could tell that we would not agree by the first few words Tall posted in green quoting her in page 22. I am not a Rastafarian, I do not believe vegetarian diet is paramount in spiritual justification and I do not think people who eat meat - even "unclean" meat - will go to hell because of that. I am being vocal about obedience to the entire law - not as a justification of faith, but just because. I am really not focused on diet, this just so happens to be a threat about diet.

If I was a champion of Ellen White, I would know who she is, and I would not have explicitly and profusely explained how each blood type benifits from either a vegetarian, omnivorous, or carnivorous diet. I think it is really disingenuous for you to continue to compare me to someone you seem to revile so much - especially when I do not share the same categorical mentality.

Why don't you come clean and publish a statement of doctrinal statement and the name of our church? Why do so many members on this forum, hide behind a cloak of secrecy?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rev Randy

Aug 14, 2012
Florida,USA
✟25,153.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Why don't you come clean and publish a statement of doctrinal statement and the name of our church? Why do so many members on this forum, hide behind a cloak of secrecy?
He says he's definitely not SDA. I'm glad you posted that as I really had the same thought you did. So it's not just me seeing that.

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
He says he's definitely not SDA. I'm glad you posted that as I really had the same thought you did. So it's not just me seeing that.

I guess it isn't very important ....

It isn't too important to me.

Upvote 0

ptomwebster

Jul 10, 2011
MN
Visit site
✟1,922.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If being a Levite is based upon the father would Jesus truly be one unless God was a Levite also?

We are not talking about Christ's Father, we are talking about Mary's father and Mary's grandfather on her mother's side.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by GladiatorforGod
I am not hiding behind anything.
I am non-denominational
That is probably best, at least for now, until Jesus returns in the future to set every Christian Denomination straight on this matter :)

Rev 19:11
And I saw the Heaven having been opened, and behold! A white horse and He Who is sitting upon it is called Faithful and True,
And in righteousness doth He judge and war.
[Revelation 6:2]

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
God gave Him to Joseph and Joseph's lineage is given to him as well.
If he was a levite he and Jesus both would probably have been temple priests and we don't see any record of such from either Jesus or Joseph.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟889,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Valid question. That is the reason I gave the Hebrew meaning of that word "change" in an earlier post for clarification. In essence, God isn't a flip-flopper. He wont say rape is wrong, then backtrack and say its OK. Now, in terms of fulfillment, or termination, or addition, God does that sometimes. He told the Israelites that their vain sacrifices displeased Him, and He didn't want any more sacrifices. Christ added on to the adultery sin by making the thought of it wrong (as opposed to just the act.) The fact that sacrifices themselves are allusions to Christ's sacrifice is one indicator that animal sacrifices are not needed (the purpose of the sin/peace/love sacrifice was fulfilled by Christ's sacrifice.) God can "change" in the most basic form of the word, but the context is about reneging on things. He does not renege, or mistake.

I think we are somewhat close to agreement.

Some things are fulfilled.

Moral principles certainly endure. But while you speak about not a jot passing from the law, you also acknowledge a number of things that particularly applied to the nation of Israel or the sacrificial system do not apply to all any longer.

Now the debate is just on the details of which do not apply.

I would say the Acts council certainly included circumcision in that. And they indicated that it was the will of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟889,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Why does it matter to you what "doctrinal statement" he adheres to. He seems to be expressing what he believes on the topic throughout the conversation. You commended him earlier for his Scriptural posts. And if anything he has probably defended you more than anyone else in this thread.

If you are going to spend energy on this thread perhaps you can answer why God required the priests to eat of flesh of animals as part of the sacrificial services, if it is food that spiritually enfeebles.

Upvote 0