✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Today at 04:39 PM lambslove said this in Post #20

Depends on what is meant by "good at heart" I guess. I thought it meant, "tending to want to do good more often than to do evil."

Lamb I think it is good as the world counts good..not as God counts good.
When we measure ourselves agains other men we can think we are good..

But remember Jesus said "Why do you call me good? No one is good but God"

The Bible tells us that anything that is not of faith is a sin. So even things we may consider heroic like the firemen rushing into the twin towers to save lives , God would see as sin IF it was not of faith..

That is hard for us to wrap our minds around because we are into comparisons of men to men ..not men to God

Rom 14:23 And he that doubteth is d*mned if he eat, because [he eateth] not of faith: for whatsoever [is] not of faith is sin.

So basically it is impossible for the unsaved to ever please God (do good)

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Today at 05:17 PM Annabel Lee said this in Post #22

I'm human. I can only grade on the "human curve."

I don't know how to do it any other way.

Yea you are right there..but it is probably best that we not "score" ourselves:>)

The bible is the measuse that God gives us and he says if we break one commandment we break them all......that is not a pleasant thought..Thank God we have put on Christ ..

Upvote 0

repentandbelieve

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2002
Visit site
✟2,742.00
Faith
Christian
Yesterday at 10:40 PM rnmomof7 said this in Post #23

Yea you are right there..but it is probably best that we not "score" ourselves:>)

The bible is the measuse that God gives us and he says if we break one commandment we break them all......that is not a pleasant thought..Thank God we have put on Christ ..
Amen

Upvote 0