Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
fanintoflame said:
well i view it as essential.
read malachi 3
if we are not tithing our 10% the devil has legal right to rob us
i also believe in giving back and blessing others (even if you have not been blessed)
where does it say in the bible if we dont give our 10% the devil has the right to rob us?

Look at Job, a man who was v ery much sucessful and in favour with God, the only reason the devil went on the rampage in his life was because he was given permission by God

Upvote 0

JamesBurrow

Jan 3, 2006
At the LORD's feet
✟148.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
that 10% issue not only is to give back to the one who gave us everything, but to show our loyalty and our obediance. After all, the LORD does not actually need our money.
The 10% does not have to be in money either, but whatever we have.
effort, money, time, whatever.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
JamesBurrow said:
that 10% issue not only is to give back to the one who gave us everything, but to show our loyalty and our obediance. After all, the LORD does not actually need our money.
The 10% does not have to be in money either, but whatever we have.
effort, money, time, whatever.
So young. So wise. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Girly3302

Jan 1, 2006
✟894.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
There are some interesting articles on the web concerning the subject. I have included two links, the first is a short article written by a Pentecostal pastor. The second link is a more in depth 300 to 400 page book that a pastor and theologian has written. I haven't had the time to read it yet.

God Bless

http://www.thegraceproject.com/Articles/The%20Tithing%20Controversy-%20No%20laughing%20Matter.htm

[url="http://www.shouldthechurchteachtithing.com/"]http://www.shouldthechurchteachtithing.com/[/url]

I don't know anymore.I read the article by the pastor someone posted and it makes sense.Please read and comment back to me
http://www.thegraceproject.com/Articles/The%20Tithing%20Controversy-%20No%20laughing%20Matter.htm

Upvote 0

Girly3302

Jan 1, 2006
✟894.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
grateful heart said:
Hi Girly3302

I too am in the AOG in Sydney, I have believed in tithing for years but only recently questioned it, i do find it interesting that Jesus commands us two laws in the NT, Love God with all your heart,mind and strength, and love each other as I have loved you , to me these are the two laws in which we should live.tithing is an Old testament Law and I have talked with many heads of the AOG, their man argument is that the Principle of Tithing is just that a "principle" not a law, also they say that because it is mainly silent in the NT this means that Jesus and Paul would assume his followers knew this so they didnt need to reiterate it, to me this is quite flawed, but lets face it our Churches need the Tithes to do what we are doing as we are the fastest growing denomination in the world, and it seems that because people are tithing and getting blessed financially they believe these are the fruits that prove that it is real, in effect all that is happening is the sowing and reaping principle. You reap what you Sow.

Now what I have read and studied is that giving is 100% Biblical and should be done by ALL Christians , The tithe is Biblical but not Christian(if that makes sense) if you want to give 10% then by all means do so, but it isnt a law for today

does this make sense?

http://www.christianforums.com/t246...-testament.html

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Girly3302

Jan 1, 2006
✟894.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
fanintoflame said:
read malachi 3
i also believe in giving back and blessing others (even if you have not been blessed)

seekthetruth909 said:
Some questions to ponder.

[BIBLE]

Were the leper and the Pharisees still under Mosaic Law until the crucifixion of Christ?

[BIBLE]
Galatians 4:4 “But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law,”

Ephesians 2:15 “By abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace.”

Galatians 3:25 “Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law.”

Galatians 5:18 “But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.”
[/BIBLE]

We should give freely and generously from our heart expecting nothing in return.

[BIBLE]
2 Cor 9:7-10 “Each of you must give as you have made up your mind, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”
[/BIBLE]

Even my pastor says we are no longer under the old covenant. He uses the Abraham argument so why would Malachi 3 apply? What about all the other of hundreds of old testament laws we don't follow?

Upvote 0

Religious Crisis

God is a Consuming Fire!!!
Mar 15, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
✟10,066.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
fanintoflame said:
read malachi 3

I totaly agree with that.

Upvote 0
M

MichaelLoudermilk

Here's an Absolutely Absurd 'Man Teaching' on tithing for all of you!

Seems now we have a few folks in the body of Christ who have come up with their own self profiting scheme to get rich off their congregations!

They tell their folks if they fail to pay their tithes they must then, in order to atone for their sin, pay the unpaid tithe PLUS a 20% interest penalty!

My wife and I got 'Thrown Out Of A Church' because I asked the Pastor who demanded that of us, to prove his 'Teaching' from the word of God!

Of course this was done because he could not do so, and as Jesus said, the workers of darkness cannot stay in the light of truth!

Upvote 0

Liquid_Niki

Created to Worship
Oct 31, 2003
Visit site
✟8,270.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I tithe simply because I believe that if God hadn't provided it, I wouldn't have it to begin with.
My church uses that money for missions, needy assistance, to keep the lights on, etc. I really believe it is our responsibility as parishoners to help keep our doors open.
I understand that this may not be a biblical basis, but in my heart this is how I feel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.