Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The prayer recalls and invites Catholics to participate in the nine days that the Blessed Virgin Mary and the apostles spent in prayer after Christ ascended into heaven.

The first novena ever prayed is the Pentecost Novena, or the Novena to the Holy Spirit. This year, it begins on Friday, May 19, and concludes on Saturday, May 27.

Catholics worldwide often recite the novena during the nine days that fall between the feast of the Ascension, when Christ rises body and soul to heaven, and the feast of Pentecost, when the Holy Spirit comes upon the apostles, Mary, and the first followers of Christ.

Continued below.

Reactions: mourningdove~

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟441,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think it so awesome, that so many of us will be praying this novena during the same time!

:groupray::groupray::groupray::groupray::groupray::groupray::groupray::groupray::groupray::groupray:

(I'm blessed to be doing a version of this novena with a local parish ... we started it last nite.
Yes, I love being Catholic! :sparklingheart: )

"Come Holy Spirit, Come"

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟441,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
FYI ...

Speaking of Pentecost:

The Women of Grace website is making available for FREE their recorded Women of Grace Online Pentecost Event, "Tongues of Fire", featuring Deacon Larry Oney, Andi Oney, Johnnette Williams, and Susan Potvin of Living Praise Worship Team.

If you sign up, Women of Grace will send you a link to the recorded event ...

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0