Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Peace? I see a nation more divided than it has ever been since the Civil War.

Obama created the division: black vs. white, rich vs. poor, liberals vs. conservatives. And he along with the likes of Soros continue to give the marching orders to the angry, violent, destructive leftwing activists to keep it going.

Prosperity? Maybe for wealthy elite. There has never greater income inequality for such a large part of the country since the gilded era.

Income inequality actually widened under Obama.

Despite the Obama administration's focus on closing the income gap, it has continued to expand under his watch.

Under Trump, the Middle Class has actually improved.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/12/us/census-median-income-poverty/index.html

Power? The Republicans have it for now. Let's see what they do with it. So far, I'm not impressed.

Be honest. It wouldn't matter which republican was in office or what s/he did. You wouldn't be impressed.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Lots of leftwing media talking points that are unfortunately misconstrued.

Anti-Abortion? Nothing wrong with protecting the unborn. It's a civil right and mentioned under our Declaration of Independance.
That would play better if it wasn't coupled with opposition to birth control, as well as to comprehensive sex ed--which has been shown to reduce teen pregnancies and STDs.

From a RINO state. Show me one from the Bible Belt.
Once upon a time. Now it's about overturning Obergefell v. Hodges.

Anti-immigrant? No, anti-ILLEGAL aliens. Big difference, don't confuse the two!
I don't. I also don't confuse illegal aliens with asylum seekers.

Pro-Gun? No, pro 2A as guaranteed in our US Constitution.
Which reasonable gun legislation would not infringe.

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
That would play better if it wasn't coupled with opposition to birth control, as well as to comprehensive sex ed--which has been shown to reduce teen pregnancies and STDs.

Except it hasn't. https://www.liveaction.org/news/sex...-reduce-teen-pregnancy-studies-show-increase/

And before you attack the site, the article links to outside sources.

From a RINO state. Show me one from the Bible Belt.

It doesn't matter from which state. I proved your unsupported statement as false.

Once upon a time. Now it's about overturning Obergefell v. Hodges.

Show me where Trump is actively trying to do this.

I don't. I also don't confuse illegal aliens with asylum seekers.

Absurd. You can't prove that people who come here illegally are "asylum seekers". Many are criminals or those looking for handouts.

Which reasonable gun legislation would not infringe.

LOL! Who defines "reasonable"? And while we're at it, what's wrong with "reasonable" abortion restrictions?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Except it hasn't. https://www.liveaction.org/news/sex...-reduce-teen-pregnancy-studies-show-increase/

Interesting study, but it doesn't explain why the Bible Belt has the highest teen pregnancy rate.

It doesn't matter from which state. I proved your unsupported statement as false.
I was talking about the agenda of the Christian Right; you're the one who made it about Republicans.

Show me where Trump is actively trying to do this.
LOL!

Absurd. You can't prove that people who come here illegally are "asylum seekers". Many are criminals or those looking for handouts.
No, it's up to them to prove it. But they have the right to enter the country to do so, which we are denying them. And the Trump administration evidently knows the difference, as it has singled them out for especially brutal treatment.

LOL! Who defines "reasonable"? And while we're at it, what's wrong with "reasonable" abortion restrictions?
Nothing, but "under no circumstances whatever" is hardly reasonable.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
We seem to be in a time of peace and prosperity, relatively speaking. You'd think the left would be happy. Clearly they are not. They don't have power. Would they be willing to give up peace and prosperity so that they could have power?

I've got a lot of family & friends in the farming community I lived in for a while as a kid. They sure didn't care much for President Obama, mainly on account of the color of his skin. But there was peace during that time period & they were prospering for most of it. Many had supported Trump, some since back when he started that racist birther conspiracy. They are feeling less at peace & definitely less prosperous on account of him & his foolish trade wars. He has diminished their power. They're not impressed with his idea of a giant expensive band aid to try to solve the huge cut he made.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,769.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Reading through the article, what caught my eye was the chart showing a constantly declining teen pregnancy rate beginning around 2007 - two years before the program was discontinued, and coincidentally, at the same time they were ramping up the campaign and remodeling it to focus on promoting contraception. The rate of change doesn't appear to be affected since it was discontinued, so suggestions that not teaching sex-ed reduces pregnancy rates are pretty disingenuous - the program was focused on teens aged 13-17, so you'd have to start in 2014 to get a sample of teens that never experienced the TPS campaign. Interestingly, that's also when the decline in the pregnancy rate starts to slow...

Also, a little research tells me that the specific TPS campaign discussed in the article was intended as a 10-year plan. When it expired in 2009, they didn't suddenly stop teaching sex-ed - the program jump-started local initiatives and inspired further programs that have continued with more or less the same mission.

Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Obama created the division: black vs. white, rich vs. poor, liberals vs. conservatives.
Obama created those divisions? Honestly now... You really think blacks and whites, rich and poor and conservatives and liberals were all getting along and agreeing with each other until Obama came along and messed it all up?

You can't be serious.

I may say Trump takes advantage of those divisions but I would never say he created them. That is just ridiculous.

And he along with the likes of Soros
I should probably ignore what comes next...

continue to give the marching orders to the angry, violent, destructive leftwing activists to keep it going.
Of course they do.

Obama is just telling people to vote and Soros? I don't think I've ever heard him say a single word, ever in my life.

What is it with you people and George Soros?!

Income inequality actually widened under Obama.

Despite the Obama administration's focus on closing the income gap, it has continued to expand under his watch.
That's true. Obama was very good for rich people. The stock market saw some of its biggest numbers ever under the Obama administration.

Under Trump, the Middle Class has actually improved.

Middle class income rises again — now up to $61,400 - CNN
That's great! No one's complaining about the economy though. I think Trump has been toxic to the politics in this country. He has fundamentally transformed our country into something rather ugly.

Unlike Obama, he truly has widened the divisions in our country, in fact he does this to his benefit. It's how he got elected.

He shamelessly disgraces the Office of the President just near every time he speaks or tweets about anything. He has a disgusting personality and by example makes our country look just as bad. While businesses may be doing well, he has done irreparable damage to our reputation around the world and with our allies and has capitalized on the seething hatred and distrust in our country. He has turned our government into an absolute joke. A reality tv show in it's final season before it's cancelled.

I hope it's all worth it to you.

Be honest. It wouldn't matter which republican was in office or what s/he did. You wouldn't be impressed.
That is correct. Their spineless bending over to Trump and compromising of their values for short term political gains is nothing short of deplorable.

Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0