• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

PCOS, BCP, and hair loss

fieldmouse3

Contributor
Feb 14, 2002
Washington State
Visit site
✟8,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi, folks!

So...one of the symptoms of my PCOS for the last 3.5 years has been hair loss. It used to be that my hair would fall out in handfulls when I'd been off my birth control pills long enough for my testosterone level to go up, but it would stop as soon as I went back on the pills. For the last year or so, I've been on Sprintec, and my hair loss is just as bad ON the pill as it is when I'm off. I know it can take awhile for the body to get back to "normal" after being on the pill. Have any of you experienced hair loss on the pill? How long did it take for your hair to stop falling out after you quit taking it? Can anyone suggest any other BCP that are fairly inexpensive that might not cause the same problem? I DO plan to see an endocrinologist as soon as I can, but I'm unemployed right now, so that can't happen. I'm looking for personal stories from other people who many have gone through the same thing I have so I can be informed. That way, when I finally AM able to go see someone, I'll have a plan of attack, so to speak.