✟19,059.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by humblejoe
Agreed, and I'm sorry if I was putting words in your mouth... now, back to my question...

What are the major differences between the Presbyterian Church of America, and the Presbyterian Church USA?

My Mother-in-law is a Ruling Elder in a PCUSA church.  They also have female pastors.  This is un biblical.  Her church and as I understand it from her, her whole denomination is pro-choice.  Also they believe that since the bible was put on paper by man, it is not completely God inspired and since it was written so long ago it should, be "questioned and treated like any other historical literature."  I almost threw up just typing that, I'm sure I couldn't say it out loud.  They also recently passed a new ammendment to their constitution which will allow homosexuals to become pastors in the PCUSA.  They are currently studying the Apacropha (spelling?)  and treating it as if it were the "missing" part of the bible.  They consider it just as true as the Word of God!  My wife and I call it The Hollywood Church.  Honestly it breaks my heart.  Her mother is a good woman, but struggles so much with the Word of God because of these deceptions.

I am PCA.  We adhere to the Word.  We broke off from the PCUSA in 1973 because they were changing and ammending the constitution and the Westminster Confession of Faith at every turn.  We believe that every word of the Bible is inspired by God.  Therefore it is sufficient for doctrine, reproof, and correction. I have attended her church on special occasions by her invitation and although I have done so in the past, I refuse to do it or allow my family to attend ever again.  Twice while I visited there the female (divorced, sleeping with, out of wedlock, a member of their presbytery) pastor preached.  Yet she did not open her bible one time or quote any scripture.  Instead she used the movie CONTACT to illustrate faith and another time the movie BEDAZZLED to illustrate man's desire for money and success.  I mean she didnt just mention them, she talked extensively about them.  When we left the second time my then 7 year old daughter asked me, "What kind of church is that?"  Out of the mouths of babes.

Upvote 0

Gabriel

I Once Was Lost, But Now Am Found
Oct 10, 2002
FL
Visit site
✟19,059.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Jesaiah
Thanks Gabriel!

I had been wanting to visit a local Presbyterian Church but I discoverd it was PCUSA.

Try this link to find a PCA church near you http://www.pcanet.org/

Happy hunting!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.