BlackSabb

Aug 31, 2006
✟18,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No let me inform you. I really don't care what your arrogant self thinks. Have a nice Thanksgiving and try hard not to choke on a bone.

Right back at you sweet heart.........:wave: I'm more likely to choke on your poor sentiments and lack of taste.

choke1.jpg

Upvote 0

SallyNow

Blame it on the SOCK GNOMES!
May 14, 2004
Canada
✟18,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not posting about the specific poster, as I haven't seen the sig in question, but I think that, in general, it's a bit callous to post pictures of aborted fetuses in public places.

Yes, some abortions are elective. But some abortions are medically necessary. And some women have miscarriages. To have a person who has gone through that tragedy then be faced with images of such an event, with no warning, is very insconsiderate. Billboards, websites, tracts, whatever - it's just unkind to do.

Upvote 0

Zeo

Nov 10, 2007
✟7,912.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm with Tropical Winds on the matter.

Basically, starting a thread like this gives us a chance to really think about and discuss a disturbing image, which was very much the intent. It isn't about insulting someone, especially someone well liked and respected around here.

You might disagree with the method, BlackSabb, and that's fine. It's also fine to state your opinion. But to go about it in such a patronizing and immature way (bringing up an irrelevant old avatar of kelli's in the way you did, for instance) is doing nothing for your case.

If anything, the disturbing image is meant to make us think about how we see abortion. Having a discussion about someone's choice to bring the topic of abortion up in this manner is perfectly reasonable.

Upvote 0

BlackSabb

Aug 31, 2006
✟18,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm with Tropical Winds on the matter.

Basically, starting a thread like this gives us a chance to really think about and discuss a disturbing image, which was very much the intent. It isn't about insulting someone, especially someone well liked and respected around here.

You might disagree with the method, BlackSabb, and that's fine. It's also fine to state your opinion. But to go about it in such a patronizing and immature way (bringing up an irrelevant old avatar of kelli's in the way you did, for instance) is doing nothing for your case.

What a joke! So, I'm "patronising" and "immature" because I mention an old avatar of geekgirlkelli's avatar that I didn't particularly fancy.

But it's okay for all of you to start a thread and single out one particular poster, doing exactly the same thing.

The hypocrisy is astounding. Do as I say, not as I do.

Upvote 0

geekgirlkelli

I'm the girl your mother warned you about.
Nov 7, 2007
✟16,328.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Right back at you sweet heart.........:wave: I'm more likely to choke on your poor sentiments and lack of taste.

If you don't care what I think... Then why the big stink about it?

BTW, your anti-gay posts on this forum are probably way more offensive to her than this thread.

Upvote 0

BlackSabb

Aug 31, 2006
✟18,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you don't care what I think... Then why the big stink about it?

BTW, your anti-gay posts on this forum are probably way more offensive to her than this thread.

No, I don't give a stuff about your opinions. I do care when I see a revolting thread that singles out one person though.

Oh, your poor bleeding heart for your dear friend Paxi. First, you start a thread specifically on her making very public to all your objections to her signature, and then you're her comrade and friend, defending her honour as far as homosexuality is concerned.

How very touching.....and confusing.......and hypocritical.......and two faced......and, well, you get the idea.

At least if I've posted against homosexuality, I haven't singled out one particular person as the subject of a thread. I notice that Paxi hasn't commented at all on this thread either btw. Yeah, I'm sure she's real pleased with your treatment of her.

That says it all. Where's your "friend" now?

Upvote 0

geekgirlkelli

Nov 7, 2007
✟16,328.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
No, I don't give a stuff about your opinions. I do care when I see a revolting thread that singles out one person though.

How very touching.....and confusing.......and hypocritical.......and two faced......and, well, you get the idea.

Haven't read many of your own posts lately, have ya?

Happy Thanksgiving.

Upvote 0

BlackSabb

Aug 31, 2006
✟18,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Haven't read many of your own posts lately, have ya?

Happy Thanksgiving.

Yeah, and thanks for the advice about not choking. So let me give you some in return.

Remember, in the event of choking, don't use the heimlich manouvre! It is considered defunct. Instead, you bend a person over and using the palms of your hands, give them firm upward thrusts between the shoulder blades.

I'd hate to see you choke too. On food anyway. Can't do much about words though.

Upvote 0

BlackSabb

Aug 31, 2006
✟18,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oy! For someone who "doesn't give a stuff" about my posts, BlackSabb sure likes to respond to me.

Well, that's the kind of dude I am sister..:p Hey, you can rant and rave and spout all your liberal homosexual pro abortion views all you like. See if I care.

I do care when you start a thread that singles out one person. But I've told you that about ten times now, haven't I? And you still don't get it.

Do you get it now sister?

Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

geekgirlkelli

Nov 7, 2007
✟16,328.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, that's the kind of dude I am sister..:p Hey, you can rant and rave and spout all your liberal homosexual pro abortion views all you like. See if I care.

I do care when you start a thread that singles out one person. But I've told you that about ten times now, haven't I? And you still don't get it.

Do you get it now sister? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Yawn... Yep, you're just as rude and obnoxious as you say I am. Take a look at your own self: "That's the kind of dude I am" LOL

Talk about hypocritical. And I don't care how many times you've "told me." What, do you think I somehow have to agree with and bow down to everything you say? I already told you it was nothing personal and not an attack on anyone. You're the only one who thinks it was. So you can claim it to be otherwise and spout all the nonsense you want here, but it doesn't change anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BlackSabb

Aug 31, 2006
✟18,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yawn... Yep, you're just as rude and obnoxious as you say I am. Take a look at your own self: "That's the kind of dude I am" LOL

Talk about hypocritical. And I don't care how many times you've "told me." What, do you think I somehow have to agree with and bow down to everything you say? Get over yourself, "dude" :rolls eyes:

Hahahaha. "Rude". Coming from the gal who puts up a thread that singles out one person for criticism.

There's a really good album I reccomend you get, that has a two fold benefit. It's got great acid rock music on it, and the title of it has a great message for you:

6774.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mling

Knight of the Woeful Countenance (in training)
Jun 19, 2006
Here and there.
✟9,635.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I've noticed that people who can't critique somebody or disagree with somebody without also attacking and hating them, also generally can't tell the difference between friendly critique and virulent attack.

Basically, if you aren't in the habit of saying "I disagree, and this bothers me, but we're still cool," you can't tell when other people are saying it.

This thread was very calm and generally friendly, along the line of "Hey, you're my friend, but I have to say, this is an issue..." The only attacks here have been directed *at* the OP.

Upvote 0