Paul's thorn in the flesh?

How important is HUMILITY in our getting into heaven and serving Jesus now?

• Extremely important

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Not that important... we are saved by Grace alone

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • We cannot get into heaven without HUMILITY.

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
... I felt that I had to campaign for public office over and over again as an independent even though entering a race as an independent is a sure fire way to lose an election. I only got forty one votes total in all four of my previous campaigns combined but........... i do feel that my campaign writings do have some value and could even be translated into side by side English - Spanish or English to French or English to virtually any other language and of course the cost to do this would be zero...

Ok, I don’t think it is boasting to understand what is good, truth, correct and useful. I believe it is possible that you could be good for the job. I think not boasting doesn’t mean one doesn’t have any value or can’t do anything. I think it is just that one doesn’t give too high value to oneself. And I think it is good to understand that without God, no one would be anything.

• Agree
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,456.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't know specifically what Paul's thorn in the flesh was in actuality but I just ran into an excellent analogy for what Paul's thorn in the flesh accomplished.

Dr. Kevin Zadai got to the place where he sure seems to have gotten a high level of guidance by the Holy Spirit but this guidance can be rough.

He was qualified as a pilot but.....
Messiah Yeshua - Jesus told him to work as a mere flight attendant for twenty nine years..... He absolutely HATED the job but he knows that doing this changed him so that he is now able to teach university level Theology courses for Mr. Andrew Wommack!

The relevant part is after the 41:00 mark in this video:
I didn't see anything in the video, in the area you mention, which mentioned the Thorn in Paul's flesh. I wrote a paper a number of years ago about this and the rather bad translation in most Bibles. I showed where root of the Greek word meant leg and it was my theory that Paul suffered from arthritis in his hip or knees. If you imagine the amount of walking that he did, this was probably very common in those days.

That being said, the humility which is mentioned in the video is like that Paul needed and which we all need to remain in faith. There is so much in the Old Testament which can be seen as allegorical and if we look at the Kingdom of Israel we can see how the ups and downs of that country mimic our walk with God.

When times of strife hit Israel, the people turned to God and prayed for his help but after God delivered them and times were good, the country turned away and became sinful. God would allow their enemies to conquer them and they turned back to God, only to have them turn away after being delivered.

This also occurs within Christians as we see ourselves reaching for God in hard times and slacking away in the good. This is why the sick and poor are cherished because their faith is stronger than the rich man who's idol is money and power. We can look at the story of Job to understand this. He was rich and powerful and appeared to be faithful. When Satan took his family and riches he seemed to remain faithful but when Job was attacked with disease and sours he broke and challenged God. This showed that he wasn't really faithful enough.

It may be hard to understand but mankind needs to have the world broken from his spirit so that we can learn to truly live by faith. When we have been truly baptized by the Trinitarian method, we receive God's Holy Spirit. He isn't some distant unknowable spirit but he lives within us and the Holy Spirit is our direct connection with the creator of all things. That freaks me out. GOD IS OUR FATHER.

God wants his children to have a very personal relationship with him. As a Catholic I am amazed to go to Mass and partake of the very body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ. I am amazed at the wonders which are contained within scripture as we can find so many revelations about ourselves.

Humbleness before God is a necessity. We cannot in anyway be responsible for our own salvation and have to depend on the blood of Jesus. God has given us his Spirit and we need to depend on that Spirit to change us from within. The most important thing that we can do is to surrender and allow God to create us new creatures in his image.

God Bless

• Agree
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I didn't see anything in the video, in the area you mention, which mentioned the Thorn in Paul's flesh. I wrote a paper a number of years ago about this and the rather bad translation in most Bibles. I showed where root of the Greek word meant leg and it was my theory that Paul suffered from arthritis in his hip or knees. If you imagine the amount of walking that he did, this was probably very common in those days.

That being said, the humility which is mentioned in the video is like that Paul needed and which we all need to remain in faith. There is so much in the Old Testament which can be seen as allegorical and if we look at the Kingdom of Israel we can see how the ups and downs of that country mimic our walk with God.

When times of strife hit Israel, the people turned to God and prayed for his help but after God delivered them and times were good, the country turned away and became sinful. God would allow their enemies to conquer them and they turned back to God, only to have them turn away after being delivered.

This also occurs within Christians as we see ourselves reaching for God in hard times and slacking away in the good. This is why the sick and poor are cherished because their faith is stronger than the rich man who's idol is money and power. We can look at the story of Job to understand this. He was rich and powerful and appeared to be faithful. When Satan took his family and riches he seemed to remain faithful but when Job was attacked with disease and sours he broke and challenged God. This showed that he wasn't really faithful enough.

It may be hard to understand but mankind needs to have the world broken from his spirit so that we can learn to truly live by faith. When we have been truly baptized by the Trinitarian method, we receive God's Holy Spirit. He isn't some distant unknowable spirit but he lives within us and the Holy Spirit is our direct connection with the creator of all things. That freaks me out. GOD IS OUR FATHER.

God wants his children to have a very personal relationship with him. As a Catholic I am amazed to go to Mass and partake of the very body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ. I am amazed at the wonders which are contained within scripture as we can find so many revelations about ourselves.

Humbleness before God is a necessity. We cannot in anyway be responsible for our own salvation and have to depend on the blood of Jesus. God has given us his Spirit and we need to depend on that Spirit to change us from within. The most important thing that we can do is to surrender and allow God to create us new creatures in his image.

God Bless

That is a good theory..... yes... and all those beatings that Paul took would take their toll as well.

True... Dr. Kevin Zadai does not specifically refer to Paul's Thorn in the flesh in that video but.... I thought that what he had been told to do.......
to work as a flight attendant when he was qualified to fly the plane.....
because somehow or another Jesus told him to do this........ seemed like the perfect comparison to Paul's Thorn in the Flesh?!

He just shocked me again.... just after twenty minutes in this video he states that Jesus told him during his near death experience that people down here..... Christians......"are qualifying for their next position with Him!"

(I just noticed that this is the same video as given in the opening post.... I am listening to this again and getting even more out of it this time around).

You Can Hear God's Voice. Spirit School Dalton GA

Last edited:
Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Ok, I don’t think it is boasting to understand what is good, truth, correct and useful. I believe it is possible that you could be good for the job. I think not boasting doesn’t mean one doesn’t have any value or can’t do anything. I think it is just that one doesn’t give too high value to oneself. And I think it is good to understand that without God, no one would be anything.

Yes... we can get to the place where we walk in the authority of God and in that same video Dr. Zadai heard demons say while he was speaking in tongues......"The Nazarene is praying through him let's get out of here!" That is after the 1:19:00 in that video:

You Can Hear God's Voice Session 2. Spirit School Dalton GA

For the record I have never spoke in tongues but my wife does so I do know that it works.

Upvote 0