Paul Reubens dead at 70: Actor known for playing 'Pee Wee Herman' dies after secret battle with cancer

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Actor Paul Reubens passed away on Sunday night after battling cancer
  • The 70-year-old was remembered as a 'gifted and prolific talent'

Pee-Wee Herman star Paul Reubens has died at the age of 70.

The actor, who performed as the iconic character since 1977, passed away on Sunday night after battling cancer in private.

Reubens had cancer for six years - but kept his fight a secret. He battled the disease with his 'trademark tenacity and wit.'

In a note written by Paul but posted by his family after his death, the actor asked for forgiveness for not informing the world about his diagnosis.

Paul Reubens wrote: 'Please accept my apology for not going public with what I've been facing the last six years.

'I have always felt a huge amount of love and respect from my friends, fans, and supporters. I have loved you all so much and enjoyed making art for you.'

Continued below.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I remember him in the movie "Pee Wee's Big Adventure". He had quirky but gentle humor that was unique for the time period. It's hard to believe he's dead, considering he made a person that is sort of a contemporary Peter Pan.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
He was one of a kind and will be missed. I first saw him in Pee-wee's Big Adventure on VHS, and Pee-wee's Playhouse was part of my Saturday morning TV routine.

To this day, when somebody says "connect the dots" my mind ads "la la la".

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Respect.

1691015782431.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums