Paul preached easy believism

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
If the Jewish people would have accepted the Gospel of Jesus they would be preaching it today from Jerusalem.

God has continually sent his messengers, even his own Son, but the religious rejected those messengers, the Sons gospel and turned on the Son.

So the Light went West and the Pagan world adopted and interpreted the message in a way that made sense to them; salvation by sacrificing a God/man.

"Races of men only superficially accept a strange and new religion; they actually adjust it to their mores and old ways of believing."

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,291.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A careful reading of Matthew 5:18 will clear up any confusion. I will use the KJV rendering:For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.........
So there is an expectation that there are things within the Law which will be fulfilled while it stands. The whole sacrificial system, along with the ceremonial laws, was fulfilled when Christ died on the Cross, and shed His blood. So that aspect of the Law is null and void, as noted in Hebrews.

However here are other things yet to be fulfilled in the future, particularly aspects of the Abrahamic Covenant which pertain to Israel.
I agree with the general direction of argument but think you don't take it far enough - the entirety of the Law of Moses was done away with at the cross.

This, of course, does not mean its OK to murder - we have the Spirit to guide us, versus the letter of the law. Paul is pretty clear about this in Romans 7.

I believe all efforts to split the Law up into "moral" and "ceremonial" components are not Biblically defensible.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thats rubbish.

That is rubbish. It only says Demas left Paul, it does not say he lost his salvation. Lot choose to live in sin, after this world rather than live like Abraham. In the contrast you can see that living for God in the long run is better by seeing how Lot's life ended.

Kinda funny you've gotten them backward. The last word in the bible about Lot is that he was a righteous man (2 Peter 2:7). The last word about Demas in the bible is " he loved this world," which is certainly no indicator of salvation.

Mental assent is a concept that does not exist in the Bible and is a sad excuse for trying to push for works salvation.

No, this is mental assent:

"If you approach a professing christian and they don't think there is anything wrong with how they are living or going as far as this guy did who said God understands that we need to sin to enjoy life. He has zero conviction of sin he is living in. Then that person in my view is not saved."

Last edited:
Reactions: discipler7
Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A tree is known by its fruit. So what you are arguing against, has nothing to do with what I’m trying to get across to you. I agree that ones life must mirror his profession in Christ. But to say that “easy believism” as you see it (antinomianism), is what I’m suggesting is wrong. Your whole argument is that ones works (sanctification) are a means to justification. Why do I say that? Because you believe and teach one can lose eternal life. So if one can lose eternal life in Christ by his works, then one has to maintain good works to stay or keep his salvation. And if you believed the one being saved or justified in Christ results in the work of sanctification, then why do you hold to works as a means of keeping one saved? This doctrine nullifies grace and is void of faith

Mathew 19:16-21 Jesus said:
16And someone came to Him and said, “Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?” 17And He said to him, “Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments. 18Then he said to Him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said, “YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER; YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY; YOU SHALL NOT STEAL; YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS; 19HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER; and YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.” 20The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept; what am I still lacking?” 21Jesus said to him, “If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”

1 Timothy 2:10
10but rather by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness.

Luke 8:15 Jesus said:
15“But the seed in the good soil, these are the ones who have heard the word in an honest and good heart, and hold it fast, and bear fruit with perseverance."

John 5:28-29 Jesus said:
28“Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment."

Titus 2:14
14who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

There are many other verses such as the ones above.
You can call it works or good deeds or obeying God, but whatever you want to call it the N.T. does state that we are to do good deeds. I believe we should obey what the N.T. tells us.

I don't quite understand why this is troublesome to you.
Jesus Himself expects us to do good.

Upvote 0

Micah888

Apr 20, 2018
CALGARY
✟21,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with the general direction of argument but think you don't take it far enough - the entirety of the Law of Moses was done away with at the cross.
The Ten Commandments were not done away with. They were incorporated into the New Covenant and into the Law of Christ. See Romans 13.

There were four other commandments from the Law of Moses which were applicable the Church. See Acts 15.

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

This, of course, does not mean its OK to murder - we have the Spirit to guide us, versus the letter of the law. Paul is pretty clear about this in Romans 7.

I believe all efforts to split the Law up into "moral" and "ceremonial" components are not Biblically defensible.

I agree with you with a qualification. When John writes "sin is lawlessness," he is referring to what is right morally, not a demand to obey the Mosaic law. So he is using "law" as a general principle as opposed to the Levitical system. I think we should make that distinction when discussing law, because many people get confused and think we are saying that the "10 commandments" don't apply to us (morally), as if we could willfully disobey it and have no spiritual consequences.

I also agree with your statement:
I believe all efforts to split the Law up into "moral" and "ceremonial" components are not Biblically defensible
In regard to the "10 commandments" (notice I put it in quotes), this is part of the old covenant, since the proper term for it is "the 10 words of the covenant." This is the core of the Sinai Covenant that God made with the nation of Israel, which is essentially a material covenant having to do with physical things - land, people, wealth, etc. When the Old Covenant became obsolete (Heb. 8:13), so did "the 10 words of the covenant."

So since the New Covenant is a spiritual covenant, it is a new creation wherein the spirits of men are made righteous. We don't need moral law imposed on us for these reasons:
1. The law was made not for the righteous, but for the lawless - 1 Tim. 1:9
2. We are led by the Spirit - Rom. 8:16
3. We have the law written on our hearts - Heb. 8:10 (etc.)
Here again, the usage of the term "law" is general ethics, not the Mosaic code.

The idea is that we approach God by faith in Christ, not by faith in our ability to obey commands. However, we grow confident in our relationship with God only when our life produces the fruit of the Spirit. Our acceptance with God is established by faith only, but is proven by works of love.

p.s. I'm not picking on you, I'm just picking up on what you said.
TD:)

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with you with a qualification. When John writes "sin is lawlessness," he is referring to what is right morally, not a demand to obey the Mosaic law. So he is using "law" as a general principle as opposed to the Levitical system. I think we should make that distinction when discussing law, because many people get confused and think we are saying that the "10 commandments" don't apply to us (morally), as if we could willfully disobey it and have no spiritual consequences.

I don't disagree with you, but I'd characterize John's statement as saying "sin is covenantlessness."

That is to say, not in accordance with any covenant with God.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟217,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'm just so curious when reading posters here state we need to keep God's moral ways, or the saying or precepts of Jesus which I believe we do but please someone tell me...what is your understanding of man's capacity to do this? Do you believe God just helps us to do this? What do you believe about the old man (or the sinful nature) Do you believe it's still alive in us? Do you believe when Jesus died it died BUT now we're made a creatures in Christ Jesus? Do you believe it's no longer I that lives but Christ Jesus through me? What actually do you believe about the nature of man, or...the nature of a Christian....Are they different? Ephesians talks about...The Nature of Wrath...do we the Christian still have that in us?

Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) Ephesians 2:3-5

Again many seem to be wanting to walk in and obey a Christian moral code but if you don't receive a new heart OR a nature....do you really have power to do that? I suggest BORN AGAIN means more than adhering to Christian ethics, it's receiving the life, love and NATURE of God in one's spirit. Ezekiel talks about receiving a new heart with a stony heart taken out...and a new heart put it, meaning really....a NEW NATURE. It's not just trying to reform...but rather being transformed by the life, power, energy and glory of God. Not by might nor by power (that is natural human strength) but by my Spirit saith the Lord. Zech 4:6

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
We need to keep God's moral ways, or the saying or precepts of Jesus. What is your understanding of man's capacity to do this?

Man's capacity is his/her will. The verbage phrase "all too willing" to do what is pleasing to God, requires the sacrifices of God, owing to a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, that God will recieve as a willing party, in union with his Son Jesus, allowing God the Holy Spirit to start doing his work of transforming a heart of stone to a heart of flesh. (Psalm 51:17)

We have the capacity to be a willing party in union and that comes about and is positively received by God the Father, when we come before Christ's feet as a broken and contrite heart, hence the phrase "he will make his once enemies his footstool", is fulfilled when he breaks us into his mold.

Do you believe God just helps us to do this?

God can only work with a willing party, who accepts to be broken into the mold of his only begotten Son Jesus. This comes about when we come before his feet as a broken and contrite heart.

What do you believe about the old man (or the sinful nature) Do you believe it's still alive in us?

Yes. It continues until the temporal bodies we have are finally dissolved.

Do you believe when Jesus died it (Body of Sin) died BUT now we're made a creatures in Christ Jesus?

The body of sin only dies after biological death. God declared you shall surely die, this means that the old man must biologically die and be risen as the new man, as the Holy one from Heaven. Since after this point there will be no more death and mourning.

Do you believe it's no longer I that lives but Christ Jesus through me?

This is an ongoing union which is only consecrated after one biologically dies, whilst keeping the faith and being still found united (in union) with Jesus, as his spiritual bride.

man, or...the nature of a Christian....Are they different?

In this temporal life they are living together until after the soul is given the last Adam body on resurrection day.

Ephesians talks about...The Nature of Wrath...do we the Christian still have that in us?

Yes, if we stray from the narrow path and become united with the world instead of being solely united with Jesus.

Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) Ephesians 2:3-5

Quickening is an an ongoing process (sanctification) that is ratified only after biological death (Romans 8:9-10).

Again many seem to be wanting to walk in and obey a Christian moral code but if you don't receive a new heart OR a nature....do you really have power to do that?

Step one is to obey and conform to God's ways and laws, step two is to present youself as a broken and contrite heart, step 3 gradually comes the works of the Spirit owing to unity in Christ, as we are being separated from the world and its trending social ways.

I suggest BORN AGAIN means more than adhering to Christian ethics, it's receiving the life, love and NATURE of God in one's spirit.

Being born again is a gradual process owing to a person coming willingly, through obedience and repentence, as a broken and contrite heart. Receiving the Life, is to carry your Cross and to follow in Jesus footsteps as your Master, even onto biological death.

Ezekiel talks about receiving a new heart with a stony heart taken out...and a new heart put it, meaning really....a NEW NATURE.

No, it does not mean a new nature, it means a new inclination, a new outlook, as nature only changes at resurrection, when sanctification has, across an entire life time gradually putting to death the old man.

It's not just trying to reform...but rather being transformed by the life, power, energy and glory of God.

Yes. It is an ongoing process. Doesn't happen overnight. The old man languisheth, so that after biological death, the new man can be realised within the nexus of God, in Christ's Father's house of many rooms/dimensions.

Not by might nor by power (that is natural human strength) but by my Spirit saith the Lord. Zech 4:6

Yes.

8Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:9Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. 10For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.(Romans 6:8-10)

Obviously the old nature is required to biologically die. Death having no more dominion over Jesus points to biological death, since our saviour was not spiritually dead to begin with. Full Preterists collapse the context of Romans 6 and Corinthians to associate death being spiritual only, but this is not what Apostle Paul is saying. So us being dead with Christ is pointing to our own biological death, with the blessed hope of being raised in the sinless nature pertaining to the incorruptible resurrection body.

1For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.2Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, 3because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked.4For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 5Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come (future tense) (2 Corinthians 5:1-5)

We do not have the sinless nature, whilst we are fighting the fight of faith against the body of sin that is tempting us on a daily basis.

As Paul said.....

26The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
30And why stand we in jeopardy every hour? 31I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily (to the body of sin). 32If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die. (1 Corinthians 15:26-32)

Paul is saying why would he put himself in harms way and in constant danger, if after he biologically dies, he is not raised into the resurrection body. Hence his contention with the Full Preterists of his time, he would say.....

12But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. (1 Corinthians 15:12-14)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
If you are trying to imply Jesus was poor that would be a false assumption. And persecuted for the Gospel or living godly is not anything that I am arguing against.

Here is a truth for you, preach the law and the people will love you and will give you all kinds of amens.

Preach only grace and you will be despised.
Brother ...Jesus was rich ...for all things are by him and for him but he became poor ..He made himself of no reputation .
If you are trying to imply Jesus was poor that would be a false assumption. And persecuted for the Gospel or living godly is not anything that I am arguing against.

Here is a truth for you, preach the law and the people will love you and will give you all kinds of amens.

Preach only grace and you will be despised.
No ..as a bit of a historian ..I understand that the historical Jesus was a worker ( not carpenter ) in a very small and very poor by way called Nazareth . He was not poor . He was extremely poor . You know the parable regarding how that a man went into the marketplace the first hour of the day and finding men standing around idle , etc. ? That is what Jesus family very likely did to put bread on their table ...what ever ...picking olives , picking grapes , sowing seed , laying stone ...It took the average family 7 hectares of land to eak out a living ..and most only had 5 ...and that was before temple taxes and Roman taxes . That is why Jesus had an issue with the priesthood who lived in upper Jerusalem and placed many burdens on the poor widows ...devoured widows houses . He lived it . I think our difficulty is in definitions ...the grace that brings salvation teaches us that .....we are saved by grace for I know who found me and loved me when I did not love Him . But we are also told not to use grace for license .
If you want a profitable ministry ...monetarily ...preach a grace that allows you to live like the world ...sell christian books and tapes ...and receive glory from man ..." And they shall with fain words make merchandise out of you . " For those who would be rich ..... Paul said he did not use flattering words ..nor a cloak of covetousness . For evil men and seducers will grow worse and worse ...deceiving and being deceived ...How does one seduce ? ...be preaching a narrow way or an easy way ? Think brother .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Micah888

Apr 20, 2018
CALGARY
✟21,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Easy believism just means that some teach that once we're saved, it's not necessary to do anything more and that Jesus will save us no matter what.
Not just that but that repentance is not necessary for salvation.

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Think about this one: repentance is not necessary for salvation, but certainly necessary because of it. IOW, we come to Christ as is because of the offer of free grace. Then we hear the call to repentance, in which God requires us to obey Him in response to His free grace. So repentance is necessary to prove that we have saving faith, otherwise we wouldn't have enough evidence that Christ has saved us from sin. When we repent, we are being led by the Spirit. So repentance is the result of our faith in Christ, and without it, we couldn't sincerely call ourselves Christian.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Think about this one: repentance is not necessary for salvation, but certainly necessary because of it. IOW, we come to Christ as is because of the offer of free grace. Then we hear the call to repentance, in which God requires us to obey Him in response to His free grace. So repentance is necessary to prove that we have saving faith, otherwise we wouldn't have enough evidence that Christ has saved us from sin. When we repent, we are being led by the Spirit. So repentance is the result of our faith in Christ, and without it, we couldn't sincerely call ourselves Christian.

Repentance is the necessary result of salvation.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟217,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yes. It continues until the temporal bodies we have are finally dissolved.
So do you really think we're to have a mindset that the old man continues that meaning continues to be alive in us? Let's examine this scripture,

For if we have been united with Him like this in His death, we will certainly also be raised to life as He was. We know that our old self (old man) was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be rendered powerless. that we should no longer be slaves to sin. For anyone who has died has been freed from sin.…Romans 6:6

If Christ was crucified and died...not that he stayed in the state of dying...but that he actually died why isn't it true with us as we were crucified with him? For anyone who has died is free from sin. Look I'm not suggesting the potential for us to yield to sin insn't there BUT isn't that due to the fact that as long as we walk by faith in what happened at the Cross we walk in freedom...and the moment we choose not to the old man is very much alive? Which means we're not trying to overcome sin....it has no power over us because our old man is dead. If we don't reckon it dead then sins power rises up to overcome.

Step one is to obey and conform to God's ways and laws, step two is to present youself as a broken and contrite heart.....

How exactly can the sinful old man (our flesh) not meaning the physical but the nature of man obey and conform to God's ways and laws? If the Old Man could do something positive then why did scriptures indicate it must be identified as dead, that is on the Cross.

No, it does not mean a new nature, it means a new inclination, a new outlook, as nature only changes at resurrection, when sanctification has, across an entire life time gradually putting to death the old man.
I'd respectfully suggest it does. Oh you're right there's on thing held off until the physcial resurrection aand that's the redemption of the physcial body. Rom 8:23

Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. Rom 8:23

We have the first fruits of redemption already....that is spiritual rebirth or receiving the new nature. That which is of flesh is flesh and that which is of spirit is spirit...two different things. Aren't we new creatures created in Christ Jesus with the life of God within...NOW ...I contend we are for that is our clear victory.

Yes. It is an ongoing process. Doesn't happen overnight.

No it doesn't but what really IS the ongoing process. I'd suggest it's doing what Rom 12 says...being not conformed to this world but being transformed by the renewing of your mind...that is man changing his way of thinking that God has done something catastrophic to the Old Man....he put him in the state of being DEAD. Not dying but dead and then the spirit is supposed to declare that no longer do they live but Christ dwells and lives through them. This very process of declaring such and a great many other things about THE NEW MAN or what the Bible says about the new creature created in Christ Jesus 2 Cor 5:17 releases the life and power of God in giving REAL victory to the saint in a true meaningful way.

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
So do you really think we're to have a mindset that the old man continues that meaning continues to be alive in us?

Yes, that would serve as a reminder that we are continually and on a daily basis contending with the old man and in this regard are dying daily, because we are wilfully denying it from taking hold of us and robbing us from what we were destined for in the afterlife.

We know that our old self (old man) was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be rendered powerless.

Underline the conditional term might be rendered powerless. So our will is to deny the old man from taking hold of us again.

If Christ was crucified and died...not that he stayed in the state of dying...but that he actually died why isn't it true with us as we were crucified with him?

We are crucified with him in denying the old man on a daily basis. If our will no longer wants to deny the old man, then he will re-enter our life and to take hold of us in a way that would push us to a fallen state. This fallen state, that Apostle Paul talkes about is that which has been witnessed of countless Christians who have abandoned Christ and joined the ranks of the world and who conformed to the Universalist Liberal Society that is governed by the mind of flesh, in this regard the individual is no longer said to be crucified with Christ.

The mind of flesh is the old man and it is hostile to God and cannot conform to the ways and laws of God (Romans 8:7)

Look I'm not suggesting the potential for us to yield to sin insn't there BUT isn't that due to the fact that as long as we walk by faith in what happened at the Cross we walk in freedom.

It is easier said than done, meaning that many wish to walk in freedom, but their loyalty and obligations to the world prevents them from discharging their obligations to God and his Christ. You can take the horse to water, but you cannot make him to drink.
Many who accept Christ are easily taken to the watering place, but they refuse to drink the Living Water, by refusing to completely and utterly surrender to Christ.

That is why Jesus said many are called, but yet few are chosen. Jesus also said many in that day will say Lord Lord and will be rejected by me. Jesus also gave the parable of the watchful faithful servant, in contrast to the wicked servant who becomes complacent at his Lord's return. Not to forget the foolish virgins who forget to buy oil, just before their Master returns.

the moment we choose not to the old man is very much alive? Which means we're not trying to overcome sin....it has no power over us because our old man is dead. If we don't reckon it dead then sins power rises up to overcome.

It is NOT a mental exercise of imagining that the old man is not present, on the contrary we consider him very much present, that is why we are vigilant (watchful) in faith, instead of being complacent. This awareness serves as a reminder and a measure in preventing him from manifesting and taking hold of our life.

Remember that Jesus continues to reign through his Cross, by making subjects by his Cross. Jesus will continue to do this, so long as humanity is being made subjects of his Cross. The last enemy to be destroyed when all is fulfilled, across the entire age of humanity, then biological death is defeated, that is everyone has biologically died, then the Cross would have run its course and fulfilled its job, where now Christ becomes subject to the Father, that is mission accomplished.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
How exactly can the sinful old man (our flesh) not meaning the physical but the nature of man obey and conform to God's ways and laws? If the Old Man could do something positive then why did scriptures indicate it must be identified as dead, that is on the Cross.

The sinful old man is the state of a fallen and unregenerated man, who is governed by the mind of flesh, owing to a heart of stone.

When God says I will change the heart of stone to a heart of flesh, it doesn't mean that our old self is instantly purged and a new self is downloaded immediately upon coming before the Cross as a broken spirit, with a broken and contrite heart. What it means, is that we are coming as we are in a broken and impoverished spirit, willing to come into submission to Christ as his once enemies. The process of regeneration called sanctification or rehabilitation, is lifelong one, that requires walking thet narrow path, which means that we haven't arrived at the final destination yet, but is only the start of our race of faith. Apostle Paul in 2 Timothy 4:6-8 elaborates that his race was nearing completion, when he was to be killed.

We are required to silence the Old Man and to take him to the grave literally, whilst being regenerated in the process.

The purgation fires of God in this life time are slowly but surely destroying the Old Man and it is a life long process.

Think process called sanctification.

Here is how God calls it a process.

8Two-thirds of the people in the land will be cut off and die,” says the LORD. “But one-third will be left in the land.

9I will bring that group through the fire and make them pure. I will refine them like silver and purify them like gold. They will call on my name, and I will answer them. I will say, ‘These are my people,’ and they will say, ‘The LORD is our God.’” (Zechariah 13:8-9)

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
We have the first fruits of redemption already....that is spiritual rebirth or receiving the new nature.

It is a rebirthing process and it takes a life time process in the making. We are receiving the new mind governed by the Spirit, but it is not a instantaneous computer download, but a gradual process which encompasses our lives.

That which is of flesh is flesh and that which is of spirit is spirit...two different things. Aren't we new creatures created in Christ Jesus with the life of God within...NOW ...I contend we are for that is our clear victory.

We are becoming new creatures and being slowly moulded to the personage of Christ according to his beautitudes, but we have NOT arrived yet.

Our destination, which is a sinless state happens when the old man is finally put to rest, after biological death.

27And as it is appointed unto men once to biologically die, but after this the judgment: 28So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation. (Hebrews 9:27-28)

Upvote 0

Micah888

Apr 20, 2018
CALGARY
✟21,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Repentance is the necessary result of salvation.
We should not reverse what is revealed in Scripture.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (Acts 2:38).

It is the gift of the Holy Ghost (which is also the baptism WITH the Holy Ghost) that brings salvation and regeneration (Tit 3:4-7). And repentance COMES FIRST as Peter made it crystal clear. No repentance, no salvation. No saving faith, no salvation.

• Agree
Reactions: GodsGrace101
Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you believe it's no longer I that lives but Christ Jesus through me?
But, is the Word or the Law/commandments also living in you.? (JOHN.1:1 & 14)

JOHN.15: =
7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

9 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.
HEBREWS.8: = 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11 None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”

(read also ACTS.15:24-29 which applies to Gentile Christians, ie exemptions from the Law)

• Agree
Reactions: GodsGrace101
Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've heard this on these forums.
It truly makes no common sense.
How could one be saved if he does not repent of his sins?
Both: Repent in the sense of being sorry for his sins...
AND, repent in its correct meaning of turning away from satan and turning towards God.
This change is absolutely necessary.
Jesus said, "Repent, for the Kingdom of heaven is at hand."
Mathew 4:17 NASB

Upvote 0