Should Patriotism and National Pride Be Part of Church?

• Yes

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • No

Votes: 38 74.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
God HEARS His people.

Of course He does. Again, I never said otherwise.

He ANSWERS their prayers.

Agreed. According to His perfect will and timing.

That's why America won against tyranny.

So, there were no British Christians fighting against the Americans?

Our flag was still standing.

And? Again, why should we believe that God takes sides when people choose to fight and kill one another?

By the way, i pray for the UK as well.

Good. I’m glad

And no, God doesn't love Americans more than the British.

Agreed. So, why should we believe He took the side of the Americans against the British?

However is is our Independence Day today.

I realize that.

Praise God for it, and God bless America.

I pray God would be with and bless all of His children, everywhere. I do not praise God for wars and fighting among nations, which He did not sanction.

Amen.

(Praying for you)

Let it rain.

Thank you. I pray for you too, and all believers everywhere, regardless of nationality. This day and everyday let us be thankful for our salvation in Christ where true freedom is found.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
God is never on the side of tyranny.

America won her independence.

The British lost.

God bless America! Land of the free and home of the brave.

So, God obviously took sides then and He must have loved the Americans more than the British.

May God bless all of His children everywhere, as we know this world is not our home. May God watch over us and guide as us we shine the light of the Gospel to this lost and dying world, wherever He has chosen for us to live, until the day we all are with Him forever.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
God bless America on this day of remembrance!

Wooo Hoooo!!!!!

happy-smiley.gif
happy-smiley.gif
happy-smiley.gif
happy-smiley.gif

4chsmu1.gif

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
So, God obviously took sides then and He must have loved the Americans more than the British.

May God bless all of His children everywhere, as we know this world is not our home. May God watch over us and guide as us we shine the light of the Gospel to this lost and dying world, wherever He has chosen for us to live, until the day we all are with Him forever.

Praying for you.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Wooo Hoooo!!!!!

happy-smiley.gif
happy-smiley.gif
happy-smiley.gif
happy-smiley.gif

4chsmu1.gif

Please be respectful of others here and refrain from attempting to take over this thread by flooding it with such posts.

Thank you

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The odds of the Americans winning the Revelutionary war were actually pretty good. The Brits just got tired of fighting. Was the likely outcome in any case. The Americans were not going to give up and the Brits were not going to fight forever. They were not losing the land they lived on. The Americans were. So the end was very likely sooner or later.
Except a large portion of the American population were loyal to the Crown. It wasn’t just British troops fighting the Colonial Army, there were many American loyalists fighting as well.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Please be respectful of others here and refrain from attempting to take over this thread by flooding it with such posts.

Thank you

I beg your pardon, but that is celebration for July 4th, our day of independence. The songs that we sing in Church, and otherwise are a part of that celebration.

Celebrations are happy times.

Happy = :clap:

:amen:

Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks. I’m praying for you as well and for everyone who would champion and exalt one earthly nation or country over all others.

You are most welcome. Continuing to pray for you.

You can count on it.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It would be better if you did not start off attacking my character but simply refered to the post. But I have noticed that Americans do this more and more. I did not attribute anything to any attitude you have. I focused soley on what you wrote. You have to had the slur against my motives.

The US was also founded by Free Masons, an occultic group that was anything but Christian. George Washing and a number of the "founding fathers" were 33 degree Free masons not Christians at all by any stretch of the imagination. So the idea that Bible reading people developed the US entirely is not true. If you do not say what you think I think you say, next time act like a Christian and correct what you think is wrong.

Also, the Bible was available to nations who did not come to the US and centuries before the 18th. So people had the Bible and still did not develop the government the US had. The government of the US was based primarily on the English form of government that began with the rights of citizens demanded in Magna Carta. This was not true in N. Europe as a whole, some of which are still a monarchy others did until the 20th century. The English who founded the US also demanded and end to slavery among other admirable changes that came straight out of Bible believing people.

I will have to read this later....I need to go.

But remember that many in the British military, particular among the officers, were Freemasons.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I beg your pardon, but that is celebration for July 4th, our day of independence. The songs that we sing in Church, and otherwise are a part of that celebration.

Celebrations are happy times.

Happy = :clap:

:amen:

Well, you have driven home my concerns and my reasons for starting this thread.

Too many people create divisions where there are none. Our unity is in Christ, not under any earthly flag.

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
To the ones that do not think I am a believer because I love my country, to bad I will always love America and the freedom I and others enjoy. So if that makes me a heathen in your book so be it. I LOVE AMERICA!

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
To the ones that do not think I am a believer because I love my country, to bad I will always love America and the freedom I and others enjoy. So if that makes me a heathen in your book so be it. I LOVE AMERICA!

Amen! God is GOOD! God bless America! :clap:

God bless us, ev'ry one :groupray:

And may we never ever forget those who gave their lives to preserve this country and our liberties.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, you have driven home my concerns and my reasons for starting this thread.

Too many people create divisions where there are none. Our unity is in Christ, not under any earthly flag.

Praying for you.

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
[QUOTE="Dorothy Mae, post: 72898363, member: 409954"
The US was also founded by Free Masons, an occultic group that was anything but Christian. George Washing and a number of the "founding fathers" were 33 degree Free masons not Christians at all by any stretch of the imagination. So the idea that Bible reading people developed the US entirely is not true. If you do not say what you think I think you say, next time act like a Christian and correct what you think is wrong.

Also, the Bible was available to nations who did not come to the US and centuries before the 18th. So people had the Bible and still did not develop the government the US had. The government of the US was based primarily on the English form of government that began with the rights of citizens demanded in Magna Carta. This was not true in N. Europe as a whole, some of which are still a monarchy others did until the 20th century. The English who founded the US also demanded and end to slavery among other admirable changes that came straight out of Bible believing people.

I will have to read this later....I need to go.[/QUOTE]
Here are the two other exerts and no George Washington was not a 33rd degree Free Mason. He like many other young men went to Masonic lodges based on promises of business connections and went through the first couple of degree's and figured out it was all a big con designed to extract money from them and left. As far as Freemasonry is concerned it is far more something akin to organized crime than a cult. At least that is its design, organized crime that uses occulic figures and rites like a fraternity would. The only book out there that anyone should read on it. https://www.gospeltruth.net/1869Freemasonry/indexfreemasonry.htm

Yes I am attacking your character because you are weirdly failing to read what I am writing about Bible reading people. I am clearly saying, clearly exactly what you are. That the phenomena of Bible reading people occurred in Germany, Switzerland north for centuries before the USA was founded and that is why the USA was founded as it was. Because of those Northern European Bible readers that a little later after the reformation included the English population. (Aside from Wycliffe and the earlier English Bible) I don't see how you are not seeing this.

From: http://www.wordservice.org/Government%20of%20God/gg1001.htm
Two events were the impetus to change the dynamics of all this. The first was the advent of the printing press. Stranger than fiction. The first commercial European printing press went on line somewhere between the dates 1452-1454 AD. Exactly the time the age of the four gentile empires breathed its last in 1453 AD. The first book it printed? Bibles. As alluded to earlier the extent of the ability of the gospel to influence and spread was hampered by a lack of written material. This time though, coinciding with one of many past reformations, the printing press was employed in the spread of written material. While it is noteworthy that the first book ever printed on a European printing press was the Bible, this was not all. Materials such as teachings, tracts and religiously inspired political discourse spread like a wildfire throughout northern Europe. Printed materials went from the production of tens thousands of hand written or wood plate printed per year to the tens of millions via printing presses. For the first time in human history the general public (illegally) gained access to Bibles, and in their own languages to boot. Perhaps the way the empires and kingdoms dealt with this in their past caused them to misjudged the speed at which the new technology aided the spread of what they called treason. Whatever it was though they acted far to late in their plans for inquisition and genocide, (if necessary.) Whereas in times past it took a hundred years for a whole nation to be thoroughly effected by the gospel. Now in a hundred years dozens of area's and a few nations where completely effected. This resulted in the Thirty Years war which decimated northern Europe with estimates of between 7-15 million deaths. However another new first in human history outside of ancient Israel occurred. The peoples and nations in Northern Europe were the general public had access to and were reading Bibles were not defeated in war. States like the Dutch Republic were formed. The thinking that developed there and other places where the general public were reading Bibles was the basis for the foundation of the free world we now enjoy. Which leads us to the second factor that changed the dynamics of all this. The discovery of the America's by Europeans via Columbus in 1492 AD. The America's, specifically North America offered something to the believer that had never existed. A habitable continent lacking existing empires with large organized armies. Hence the migration to it became unstoppable. In North America what was developing in thought and practice in northern Europe could in fact progress almost unhindered. It did just that. The founding documents of the United States exhibit almost a pinnacle of understanding of the how the Government of God works in the affairs of men. Though amazingly successful in comparison to what the world had always experienced before it, especially in its founding era. All of this was only the beginning of The Age Of Promise. The main events that led to it are what the article intends to use as instructive for future generations below.

http://www.wordservice.org/Bible Prophecy/bp3000.htm

There were many reformers before the empire fell in 1453 A.D. who wrote books and copied Bibles. Lets consider the accomplishment of 300,000 of Martin Luther's booklets being printed in a three year period in that light. Lets say before the printing press it took one professional copyist a day to copy one booklet. Under these circumstances it would take 100 of them working daily for close to ten years to copy 300,000 booklets. This while being hunted by the authorities for their illicit activity. Furthermore who could afford to pay for such an large commercial enterprise? Lets say just ten of them were employed. It would take nearly a hundred years to complete the task of three years with commercial printing shops. Can you see this was not business as usual for the powers that be? Now lets cut the number of years to copy these booklets by hand in half just to satisfy objections. Lets say say fifty years to copy 300,000 booklets verses three years. Imagine three people reading each booklet. That would be close to a million people reading a booklet in three years verses a million people reading one in fifty years. All in all though we are not talking 300,000 booklets but millions of books printed. Is it to much to imagine the God of the universe foresaw exactly this happening at the same time of the demise of the Roman Empire and had his servants write of the results of all of this in his word as a prophecy? In other words they did not see the causes as a prophecy. What they saw as a prophecy were the effects that were declared would come to pass. Could it be just coincidence that the first book ever printed on a European printing press was the Word of God and this happened the same year the Roman Empire was destroyed? Also at this time, with the blessing of certain popes. The modern university was developed and universities were built all over Europe. The Word of God was now being studied by students in Latin, Greek, and Hebrew as part of a liberal arts program. Did they have any idea at the time how this would backfire? Although it was illegal the upper class where now accessing Bibles. It was only natural to make these Bibles commercially available to the common man in his own language. The illicit activities and smuggling to print and distribute these is as exciting as any story in history. How did this coincidence happen immediately after the fall of the Roman Empire? Millions of Bibles in the hands of those who never had chance and perhaps never imagined something of that nature could ever take place? Think of the oppressed masses in Muslim and communist countries today. They want the book that the powers that be seek to prevent them from possessing. Has anything really changed along these lines? Lets not forget the discovery of the new world that just happened to come to pass at the same time this spiritual and cultural revolution swept over northern Europe. The founding of the United States seemed to be a culmination of all this Biblical influence and the good the world derived from it even though such evil is present has been incalculable. Was all of this just mere coincidence? Here the scripture carefully displays an illustrative vision that states Christ shall rule the nations by way of the sword of his mouth. When Roman Empire is destroyed then at that exact time prophesied all this begins to progressively come to pass. The written Word of God and the power of Holy Spirit influence a portion of mankind to create cultures that compared to the ancient idolatrous and despotic world are like day verses the night. Hold on though. We'll see if the rest of the book of Revelation bares this out. From:

PS. I am well aware of some unique circumstances in Ethiopia and have been desiring to study it a little. Just haven't got around to it. .

• Informative
Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I agree we are to look out for one another. However we are NOT to live our lives in rear if offending someone.

No, as Christians, we don’t live in “fear” but with love and compassion for others.

The scripture is equally against the weaker believer telling the stronger that he/she shouldn't do something that is sinful to them. If it is sin for you to sing God Bless America then you are not to tell me or others we shouldn't do it either. The Bible also tells us not to be easily offended.

The Bible tells us to live with love and compassion for one another. Christian worship should come from our true unity in Christ, irrespective of our earthly nationality. Simply put, in Christ our earthly nationality is meaningless and nonexistent.

The meat offered to idols is the patriotic service. Paul tells us it's wrong to have a patriotic service in front of those who feel it's sinful for them.

I can tell you plainly, that when a Church worship service becomes about exalting and honouring one nation above all others, division WILL occur between believers of that nation and those from other nations. I most definitely experienced this on Sunday (which, ironically, was Canada Day).

I have been aware for much of my life that in the eyes of many Americans, some professing to be Christians, the country I come from is basically dirt when compared to the great and noble United States of America. Now that I live here, I see this arrogance even more. You may not believe it exists, but let me assure you, it does.

It's equally as wrong for those who think patriotic services are singular to tell those who don't that they can't have a patriotic service. So what do we do?

By all means, have a patriotic service. You will need to be aware that you most definitely will create division between all those present who are American and those who are not.

I stand by my beliefs that this division is entirely unnecessary and contrary to our true identity in Christ.

I think in this case the thing would be if we KNOW there are people in our church who think patriotic servicessare sinful then we should let everyone in the congregation know ahead of time that we are going to have a patriotic service. Then those who think it's sinful don't have to attend and we wouldn't think any less of them. After all there are how many more Sundays in the year where we are not patriotic? The loving thing to do for the ones thinking it's sin for them would be to allow one service a year for those who wish to have one and believe its not sinful rather than demand ALL services abide by their beliefs.

In some churches it’s far more than one service a year, but that’s besides the point. The point is, where is our true unity as Christians found? In our country? Under a specific flag?

No. In Christ alone. This is what worship is about.

Upvote 0