Marital Status
Married
Pathéma: that which befalls one, i.e. a suffering, a passion
Original Word: πάθημα, ατος, τό
Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
Transliteration: pathéma
Phonetic Spelling: (path'-ay-mah)
Definition: that which befalls one, a suffering, a passion
Usage: (a) suffering, affliction, (b) passion, emotion, (c) an undergoing, an enduring.

páthēma "the capacity to feel strong emotion, like suffering") – properly, the capacity and privilege of experiencing strong feeling; felt, deep emotion, like agony, passion (ardent desire), suffering, etc.

/páthēma is redemptive, preparing us to know the Lord better now and forever in glory (cf. Ro 8:18; Phil 3:10; 1 Pet 5:1). (páthēma) is not inherently negative; indeed, it is only negative when experienced outside of (apart from) faith. (pasxō).

páthēma ("strong feeling") includes affliction (suffering), which should always (ideally) result in knowing God's glory – like going through difficulties (persecution, etc.) in faith. Note the -ma suffix, emphasizing the end-result (experiencing strong feeling).

I was reading a book about prophetic gift and it said that you can’t find your true Holy calling without going through time of Pathéma.

I was just thinking how many have been going true this kind of ordeals and did it change you immediately?
Did you have many of these kind of experiences or just one.

Hmmm...There is suffering we endure because we are ambassadors of Christ to a Christ-hating world, light in the darkness, enemies of the god of this world, the devil. Suffering the persecution that arises from a holy, God-honoring life is right, and good, and strengthening, but we can also suffer because we have made wicked, selfish, sinful choices. God uses the bitterness and pain of the consequences of our sin to encourage us out of sin and toward Himself, but this sort of pain is not something we should make a necessary part of God's preparation of us for service to Himself. God would rather we pursued holiness and truth, drawing close to Him, and from a place of deep fellowship with Himself, endure suffering that refines, and clarifies, and strengthens us.

I don't know what is meant by "your true Holy calling." We all of us, as children of God, have a common, general calling which, as we pursue it, reveals to us God's particular call to each of us individually. But the revelation of this particular, person-specific divine call is not necessarily connected to suffering for Christ's sake, but to careful, submitted obedience to God's will and way.

Often, suffering for the sake of Christ happens in the midst of serving him, not prior to doing so.

”For when im weak, then im strong”

2 Corinthians 12:10

“Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.”

God’s power is made perfect in weaknesses. But only if you have faith.
Faith is the key.
Is easy to say that you have faith but what matters the most is
actions. What does your actions tell about you?

There is a bit of a contradiction in what you've put forward here. We are weak. But in the power of God we can be made strong. Our weakness, though, is profound. In fact, Jesus said, "Without me, you can do nothing." (John 15:5) We cannot come to God, in faith believing in Christ as our Saviour, if God has not first worked to convict us of our sin (John 16:8), deliver to us the message of the Gospel (Romans 10:14-15), give to us repentance so that we might acknowledge the truth (2 Timothy 2:25) and draw us to Christ (John 6:44).

What, then, of your statement that a person is "made perfect in God's strength only if they have faith"? It seems to me that this puts all the onus for being made strong in God on the faith the individual believer can muster up. But if we are weak, as utterly impotent as Paul and Christ have said we all are, how can anything in our walk with God depend upon us? If we are so weak, how do we generate the faith you're saying is vital to being made strong in God?

It sounds to me like a contradiction to say on the one hand, "I am weak," but on the other to say, "If I'm going to be made strong by God, I must overcome my weakness and have sufficient faith to be made strong by God." Doesn't this make the ultimate key to being strong my faith rather than God's power at work in me? It sounds like it to me...

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are we weeping the way we should ?

Those who sow in tears
shall reap with shouts of joy! -Psalms 126:5

I do not know when I sow in tears.
How I know then to reap with shouts of joy ?

But when remembering when others accuse, hurt, offend, mistreat, reject and abandon me !
I know then I have sowed in tears!

How then I reap with shouts of joy ?

He who goes out weeping,
bearing the seed for sowing,
shall come home with shouts of joy, as he carries his sheaves of grain. -Psalms 126:6

Well, I know about the weeping part !
But what is this about bearing the seed for sowing means??
Where is this home that I can shouts for joy?
What are my sheaves?

Now the parable is this: The seed is the God’s message.-Luke 8:11

I come to understand then those who are bearing up with difficult people when telling the message of God are those weep !

In other words,
Are we weeping when we tell the message of God ?
Why we weep ?
Yes, we have heard God is love.
But when told to love one another?
We find it is impossible with our strength to bring to its goal in us!
We find no strength in ourselves to forgive others !
We find no wisdom in ourselves to speak others when others stop listening to us or distort what we say. Why are God tell us to do the impossible?

Why this happened?

Do not be deceived: God is not mocked,
for whatever one sows,
that will he also reap. -Galatians 6:7

Those who keep sowing in the field of of their old nature,
in order to meet its demands,
will eventually reap ruin;

but those keep sowing in the field of the Spirit
will reap from the Spirit everlasting life.-Galatians 6:8

Have we sows in the Spirit?
Like what apostle Peter said :

Whoever speaks, is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God;

whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies;

so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ,
to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.-1 Peter 4:11

Many could hate us, oppose, shake their heads, humiliate or even curse us to death when we tell the message of God !

Be gracious to me, O LORD!
See my affliction from those who hate me,
O You who lift me up from the gates of death, -Psalms 9:13

that I may recount all Your praises,
that in the gates of the daughter of Zion I may rejoice in Your salvation. -Psalms 9:14

Yes, God see us when people hate us, too!
He knows our affliction when we are hated.
God even lift us up from the gates of death
and brings home to Zion in the heavenly city of Jerusalem
where is our home, that is,
where we shouts for joy for His salvation!

As Jesus have said:

"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. -John 15:18

If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own;
but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. -John 15:19

Remember the word that I said to you: 'A servant is not greater than his master.'
If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you.
If they kept My word, they will also keep yours. -John 15:20

But all these things they will do to you on account of My name, because they do not know Him who sent Me. -John 15:21

Yes, when we suffer for Christ’s sake, we weep !

My eyes shed streams of tears, because people do not keep Your law of Spirit. -
Psalms 119:136

He who goes out weeping,
bearing the seed for sowing,
shall come home with shouts of joy,
as he carries his sheaves of grain. -Psalms 126:6

Yes, the seed that we carry is Jesus Christ Nazareth !
Yes, we carry the seed, that is, the message of God, His gospel !
Yes, we carry our sheaves of grain into the heavenly mountain, Mount Zion !

And Jesus answered them, "The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. -John 12:23

Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. -John 12:24

Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. -John 12:25

If anyone serves me, he must follow me;
and where I am, there will my servant be also.
If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him. -John 12:26

Let us hate to see ourselves walking in the old nature,
Let us find ourselves walking in the Spirit, for we shall reap eternal life that the Lord our God promise.

Let us be filled with this divine life of God when the Spirit of God fills our hearts with the love of God.

Let us rejoice in this steadfast love of God.

Let us go to the holy mountain, Mount Zion, in the far north, the city of the great King Jesus Christ, the joy of all the earth. -Psalm 46:1-2

To God the Father be thanksgiving through Christ.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Did you have many of these kind of experiences or just one.
When you stop enduring these trials of faith, you stop growing, and risk falling away, for
Jesus said:

Matthew 24:
Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations
for My name’s sake.
10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another.
11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.
12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.
13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

Also Paul:
2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come
unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition.
I was reading a book about prophetic gift and it said that you can’t find your true Holy calling without going through time of Pathéma.
Any gift of the Spirit is at the discretion of the Spirit.
1 Corinthians 12:11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things,
distributing to each one individually as He wills.

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Well, aiki I recommend for you this video:

(One very good example is when Jesus was tempted by satan.) right after anointing. Satan hates salty christians the most and they will be attacked the most. But, the good news is that God’s power is made perfect in weakness. God has secured us with the promise that when we lose all our strength, God will step up and help us to deal things we need to be deal with. If you are wise, you will let God to take the charge of your life all the time (well that’s what walking in the Holy Spirit is..) then your life is in God’s hands all the time, you don’t need to wait for God’s power manifesting in your life, but you choose to rely on it 24/7. But the fact is, many people are trusting in their own strength.
They take vengeange in their own hands. But God says we need to make room for God’s vengeange. God says He hates the wicked all the time.

“But God shall shoot at them with an arrow; suddenly shall they be wounded.”

psalms 64:7

We never need to rely on our own strength.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Satan hates salty christians the most and they will be attacked the most.

Yes, the devil hates "salty" Christians. But, you know, he doesn't have the freedom to attack them just as he likes. The devil had to have God's permission to test Job and to "sift" Peter "like wheat." When God allows the devil to assail His children, it is always to crowd them closer to Himself, to teach them how to battle spiritually, and to reveal to His children where they're really at with Him.

God has secured us with the promise that when we lose all our strength, God will step up and help us to deal things we need to be deal with.

It's an even better promise God has made to us, Sunshinee777: He won't just be a back-up to our effort, helping us where we fall short in power, but is our very Life (Galatians 2:20: Philippians 1:21; Colossians 3:1-3), giving to us everything we need - both the desire and the ability - to do His will (Philippians 2:13). From start to finish, God has promised that power for Christian living we can find in overflowing measure in Him. So God's not a sort of back-up power source but the First and Only Source of power for true Christian living, available to us always, not just when we run out of gas spiritually. In fact, we never run out of gas when we stay constantly under the flow of His power, as He has told us to do.

then your life is in God’s hands all the time, you don’t need to wait for God’s power manifesting in your life, but you choose to rely on it 24/7.

Exactly.

But the fact is, many people are trusting in their own strength.

Yes, sadly, this is true. And the results are always fleshly and corrupt.
We never need to rely on our own strength.

Amen!

Upvote 0