United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Everyone now knows of the risk -- low.

The 214k dead in the United States alone says that it is false!

Been to Walmart lately?

Yes, however, Walmart is a necessity as people must eat to survive. A church can have online service, and if not it can refer you to another church that does. You don't need to attend in-person services to survive.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The 214k dead in the United States alone says that it is false!

There are over 300 million people living in the US. Fewer people die of Covid than the flu, I would wager.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So far

In our (in Church services) -- 0 cases
12 Step Meetings I attend -- 0 cases
Wife teaches (in class with students) -- 0 cases
In our neighborhood -- 0 cases

Not saying that it can't or won't happen.

M

Reactions: Longeen
Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are over 300 million people living in the US. Fewer people die of Covid than the flu, I would wager.

False, more people have died of Covid-19 this year than in the last five flur seasons combined.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So far

In our (in Church services) -- 0 cases
12 Step Meetings I attend -- 0 cases
Wife teaches (in class with students) -- 0 cases
In our neighborhood -- 0 cases

Not saying that it can't or won't happen.

M
Andrew Wollack held an event in July, 69 people contracted coVid and 1 died. Now he has scheduled another one against what the state has mandated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
False, more people have died of Covid-19 this year than in the last five flur seasons combined.

Perhaps. I think everyone will get Covid at some point and the % of people dying from it is very low.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our church limits the number of people that can gather indoors (our climate is colder than those who can meet outside). Also those in high risk conditions are told to stay home and the Eucharist is delivered. Further, everyone entered has their temp checked and are asked health questions.

We have one family with a mild case of Covid-19 and several others in quarantine because they got together, without protection and one person without symptoms spread the disease. So although some churches have no covid-19 cases, ours could have said the same until that football night changed everything.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat

False!

The highest number of deaths from the flu are at about 61k for one year. That was back in 2017-2018 which was a really bad year for influenza.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps. I think everyone will get Covid at some point and the % of people dying from it is very low.

Clearly you didn't watch the news when NY City was hit. They ran out of room in hospitals for the sick and dying and needed trailers that lined parking lots to store the dead because neither the morgue or the cemeteries could handle the influx.

So maybe you are not seeing such, Matzal tov, but people here are still dying only the age of these second wave and those dying is changing as younger people are getting sick and dying now. Still the virus may change for the better with time. We can pray for this at least.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
False!

The highest number of deaths from the flu are at about 61k for one year. That was back in 2017-2018 which was a really bad year for influenza.

Could I ask you how many people die of heart attack, or alzheimer's, or cancer, or car accidents for a fair comparison?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Could I ask you how many people die of heart attack, or alzheimer's, or cancer, or car accidents for a fair comparison?

Not fair comparisons since none of those are contagious!

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Clearly you didn't watch the news when NY City was hit. They ran out of room in hospitals for the sick and dying and needed trailers that lined parking lots to store the dead because neither the morgue or the cemeteries could handle the influx.

So maybe you are not seeing such, Matzal tov, but people here are still dying only the age of these second wave and those dying is changing as younger people are getting sick and dying now. Still the virus may change for the better with time. We can pray for this at least.

I tend to not watch a lot of news as it is bad for your health.

BTW, I think the idea that people have to wear face masks everywhere is ridiculous, but I still wear one as one of the few people in my apartment complex who does when going in or out of my apartment because it's a rule.

• Agree
Reactions: SashaMaria
Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Pou can't catch heart attacks, alzhemeiers or cancer from small particles in the air nor secure your neighbor from getting them through wearing masks, social distancing, washing hands and quarantining when at risk. Covid-19, like Influenza is a avoidable disease, only a few could have died if we simply done those four selfless acts of love from the start.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I tend to not watch a lot of news as it is bad for your health.

BTW, I think the idea that people have to wear face masks everywhere is ridiculous, but I still wear one as one of the few people in my apartment complex who does when going in or out of my apartment because it's a rule.

I glad you do as I am one of those "high risk" cases, as are all those with heart disease, and cancer. Further in the east, because people wore masks everywhere not only did they reduce considerably the covid-19 cases, their flu season was anti-climatic.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I glad you do as I am one of those "high risk" cases, as are all those with heart disease, and cancer. Further in the east, because people wore masks everywhere not only did they reduce considerably the covid-19 cases, their flu season was anti-climatic.

I am only one man so I only represent one man. I do not even believe in the science behind wearing masks but we are to be subject to the authorities and I see no scriptural basis for going against wearing masks, so I wear one.

• Agree
Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0