Pastor Andrew Brunson returned to prison after third "preliminary" trial

tbeachhead

Apr 27, 2006
✟8,733.00
Faith
Pentecostal
The story of Andrew Brunson, 23 year pastor of a church in biblical Smyrna, in Turkey, is one that Christians should be watching. I don't have time to give a full recounting of his almost two year term in Turkish prison, but let me give a short account: Early in October, 2016, after being a resident of Izmir for twenty-three years, Andrew and his wife were called to the police station for what they assumed would be an answer to prayers, and a resident visa...They were arrested. His wife was released days later, but Andrew remains in prison. After a year and a half, the authorities produced a sixty-five plus page indictment. Here is the best summation of the charges: https://world.wng.org/2018/07/the_brunson_farce#.W08iM2wINAI.facebook He has been in three sessions to face these charges, the first two lasting twelve hours, where he answered each of them in admirably good Turkish, and disarmed his opponents. Today was a shorter session that was surrounded by anticipation that justice would be served, and he would at last be dismissed. He was once again remanded to prison to await the continuation in OCTOBER. His story can be tracked on line with #freeAndrewBrunson, #freePastorBrunson or simply #AndrewBrunson. Andrew was my student at a private boarding school in Asheville, NC in 1985. I've known and watched him and his family grow. Please pray for this great man that his faith fail not, and that the manifestation of his testimony come alive, not just in his cell with his cellmates, but also among the jailers, rulers and authorities that so vehemently oppose the truth and are enslaved to a system that allows this kind of treatment of innocent human beings. Andrew has foreseen a great return to the gospel in Turkey...the cradle of Christianity, and Paul's homeland. Join us in praying along these lines.