BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Really liked this movie... Little action but the little was unigue, and done well. Beautiful cinematography the little there was.
This movie does what I enjoy a movie to do >>> draw you in...
Basically, what I saw ( positively noted ) was a "secular" version of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.
New Living Translation

Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him."
The main character's loneliness, His desire for a Bride, His willingness of a sacrificial death to rescue her and many others who were still in hibernation (asleep)
Ephesians 5:14 New Living Translation
"Awake, O sleeper, rise up from the dead, and Christ will give you light."

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Really liked this movie... Little action but the little was unigue, and done well. Beautiful cinematography the little there was.
This movie does what I enjoy a movie to do >>> draw you in...
Basically, what I saw ( positively noted ) was a "secular" version of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.
New Living Translation
Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him."
The main character's loneliness, His desire for a Bride, His willingness of a sacrificial death to rescue her and many others who were still in hibernation (asleep)
Ephesians 5:14 New Living Translation
"Awake, O sleeper, rise up from the dead, and Christ will give you light."

I saw it and really, really liked it. There was a really nice dance between self-centeredness and self-sacrifice going on throughout the run; which ends up back at square one, and Jim sacrificing himself to allow her to go back to sleep, giving her the life back that he took from her. She sacrifices herself to him in order to give them both their life together. All three acts were really well done, and it was a beautiful movie.

I liked how act 2 had the feel of being so wonderful with all of the togetherness and joy, but has that evergrowing underlying sense of bitterness in that you know she is going to find out the truth at some point. The scene where she finds out was hard; and I found the scene where she returns to his room at night to be crushing. I liked the theme of fate dancing with choice, as the two characters danced back and forth between selfishness and self-sacrifice for others.

• Winner
Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The scene where she finds out was hard; and I found the scene where she returns to his room at night to be crushing. I liked the theme of fate dancing with choice, as the two characters danced back and forth between selfishness and self-sacrifice for others.
Exact precise rendering, the dance was wonderfully played out. Well balanced.
That crushing scene pained my heart as he stretched out His arms in bed, allowing himself to be beaten, by the one he loved so much.
In another movie he would have restrained her or hit her back.
The end was both joyful and sad, as I had expected children, grand children to be there. But I'm glad it doesn't show them aging, and frail.

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Exact precise rendering, the dance was wonderfully played out. Well balanced.
That crushing scene pained my heart as he stretched out His arms in bed, allowing himself to be beaten, by the one he loved so much
In another movie he would have restrained her or hit her back.

Yeah, that was the undercurrent during all of those joyful scenes (especially the voice-over of Aurora talking about how happy she was and how Jim "he saved me") and I sat fidgeting wondering where all of this was going, because the secret had to come out at some point. Then as she struck him over and again, and stood over him with the weapon: she filled with such suffering of hate and he with such suffering of sorrow in what was lost: so this is where it goes. Crushing. Thankfully the story wasn't over yet.

The end was both joyful and sad, as I had expected children, grand children to be there. But I'm glad it doesn't show them aging, and frail.

Oh yeah, that's brilliant! I didn't even think about that. There should've been the descendants there on Homestead Jr. I wonder why they didn't go that route? It seems completely expected, now; even though I didn't think about it then.

• Winner
Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I guess the only added comment is for those that may go to see it if they read our reviews is:
There were a couple of passionate sex scenes
but not explicit or vulgar, IMHO.
However, if they had not been in the movie perhaps more Christians looking over professional Christian reviews online may have decided to see it. I dunno.:scratch: I'm studying the book "Song of Songs" now and listening to teachings on YouTube and on the physical plane, it's far more HOT passionately than the movie was. Of course I know on the spiritual plane is how we need to read it. :oldthumbsup::amen::wave:

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The end was both joyful and sad, as I had expected children, grand children to be there.

Oh I suddenly realized why there were no children, and especially no children's children. Yeah it makes perfect sense for there to be no children, and especially children's children. That would've raised some very strange questions.

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess the only added comment is for those that may go to see it if they read our reviews is:
There were a couple of passionate sex scenes
but not explicit or vulgar, IMHO.
However, if they had not been in the movie perhaps more Christians looking over professional Christian reviews online may have decided to see it. I dunno.:scratch: I'm studying the book "Song of Songs" now and listening to teachings on YouTube and on the physical plane, it's far more HOT passionately than the movie was. Of course I know on the spiritual plane is how we need to read it. :oldthumbsup::amen::wave:

Yeah, nothing remotely offensive.

Upvote 0