Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I actually posted this in another forum but haven't gotten any answers yet so, want to try posting it here too.

I know God still heals people as he wants to show them himself but, why would God only partially heal someone and then give it all back to them full force?? To me, if/when God does that, it's just like he's toying w/ them saying something like, well, this is what it would feel like If i healed you and If i took your pain away but, instead of healing you, I just wanted to give you a taste of what'd it would feel like but, oh, here you go, you can have the pain back again. Why would he do that????

I'll share why i'm asking this question after i get a few responses. This issue has laid heavy on my heart for the past several years and I just would like to know what you believe or what u may think about it??

And, if you have any verses to back up what your saying, i'd appreciate that too! Thanks!

Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Good question.
I saw a theologian suggest that Paul's thorn in the flesh was later healed. It seems that he would have had a lot of people rallying for him, praying for him, happy to hear of changes. Their faith would have been strengthened by a healing, but maybe also by seeing that even Paul wasn't immune to trouble.

When I have had gradual healings, I learned TONS about the treatments. That allowed me to suggest solutions to other people going through the same thing.

Some people will say it's about humility, while others will say it's about faith. There can be harm done by teaching too firmly either of these, but there's some truth to it. The healing is not the complete goal. One's relationship with God, trust built, reliance, character, leaning.... those are things we gain from struggles.

Why did the Judeans get exiled to Babylon? Why did the Israelites get trapped into slavery in Egypt? Things go wrong... things need to be learned... long-term results are worth the short-term troubles... God has large plans that a lot of little people need to fit into.

These aren't very helpful answers for your situation, but I thought I'd cover a lot at once before you start getting glib "you don't have enough faith" ones.

Is there anything else you need to know about your ailment that might help you later in life? (Rhetorical)

Upvote 0

Jupiter Drops

be like a flower and turn your face to the sun
Jan 20, 2012
✟21,341.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When he heard this, Jesus said, "This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God's glory so that God's Son may be glorified through it."

John 11:4
For some are eunuchs because they were born that way; others were made that way by men; and others have renounced marriage because of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."

Matt 19:12
Life is full of challenges and no one knows what will happen tomorrow or even the next minute. But only through the power of God, we are able to witness His glory and love. This world is far from perfection and is full of instability. God knows that, and believing in God won't give us security in this life, but the next. We believers have the power from God to witness, worship, and work for Him.

All things are possible in Him. He will teach us wisdom through life's suffering, love, gentleness, giving... He will give us all and make us understand.

http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-library/sermons/this-illness-is-for-the-glory-of-god

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ark100

The Lord is my Refuge
Mar 11, 2012
✟10,421.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
When he heard this, Jesus said, "This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God's glory so that God's Son may be glorified through it."

In regards to the above scriptures its a classic example of the Lord's power and glory. God allows some things to happen which at the time may look uncomfortable or unbearable. He did not bring them about, but he allows it to go on, BECAUSE He wants to show His power and Glory on that situation. As with lazarus, Jesus intentionally stayed two more days where He was so He could show the Glory of God in lazarus's life. Jesus could have gone there immediately he was told about lazarus's sickness, but God intended something greater.

I don't think God toys with people, or give them a taste of something, and then withdraws it back, maybe its your own faith that is causing this. God may not heal you instantly but He may give or show you means towards your own healing atimes.
Its like a father who teaches his son wisdom of life, how to navigate through life, and also giving him the weapons he needs to fight in life so that he will not be destroyed along the way.

There are times when we may pray to God to heal us of so and so, because we just want his instant touch and everything will be gone. His response may be to show us the prayers to pray in order for us to be healed. So He is not doing it instantly, but He is showing us what to do and how to go about it in order to get to where we want to be.
I believe doctors and medicine helps a lot too.

Upvote 0

gideon123

Humble Servant of God
Dec 25, 2011
USA
✟59,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just don't think we really know the answers to deep questions like this.
From our own human perspective ... it's really hard to understand why God allows the outcomes that He does. I think that things are much clearer from an eternal perspective - but we can't wrap our heads around that point of view.

Here's an example from the Bible.
And i have NEVER heard any pastor answer the issue I am about to raise.
John 5:1-8 talks about the healing on a man who was an invalid. The man was sitting by the Pool near the Gate at Bethesda in Jerusalem. Jesus talks to the man, heals him, and the man walks away completely healed. This is clearly a miracle. And most pastors/priests focus on the obvious message.

Here is what's NOT discussed ...
We know from history that this pool was believed by local people to have special healing powers. And for this reason a lot of very sick people would gather there every day. Apparently the belief at the time was that if there was a swirling in the pool, and someone could get into the water at the center of the pool, they would be cured. So the invalid man in the story was no doubt waiting for his chance for a cure. And based on stories from that time, many other sick people also gathered beside the pool each day. It seems that Jesus walked up to one of these people - the man in the story - and healed him completely. But there is absolutely no explanation in the verses about why Jesus chose this particular man. Why didn't he choose someone else? Or for that matter, why didn't he heal everyone waiting at the pool that day?? But the story seems to confirm that Jesus healed just one man, and tells us nothing more than that. Now imagine that you were one of the sick people beside the pool, and you actually witnessed Jesus heal another person. Wouldn't you be wondering about why YOU were not chosen by God? It would surely have been a big issue for all the people at the pool that day.

So I think that our own "need" for healing and miracles is very different than God's perspective on things.

gideon123

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some people say your just a sinner if you arne't healed when you pray. BUt people forget God has plans for us. He may not make us sick, but if we become sick he will turn it into something good. I've been disabled sicne birth and it got worse at 16. Many people looked at me like I was a horrible person or something. And admitedly I was mad at God after 16 for a few years, mainly because lots of christians bashed me for not being healed.

But now I realize if I hadn't of gotten more disabled I wouldn't have learned some amazing lessons nor would I have met my fiance. Sure, I'd love to be healed. But if not I am ok with that to. Actually, given the chance from God I may prefer to stay disabled. Life me hard at times but my struggles make my testimony stronger and it helps people alot!

Sorry to go on and on lol. Trust me, you may feel heavet hearted now, but years later you will see Gods plan in action. I also realize that may not mean much since most people who hear that when down thinks its not helpful (just as I did), but you will see the good side later in life!

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Are you talking about the power of suggestion or the strength of someone's own will?
A person who is convinced of something like healing can exhibit
good health, when in fact they still have the illness laying dormant
inside of them.

Then there is also-- Psychosomatic illnesses can be classified in three general types. The first type includes people who have both a mental (psychiatric) illness and a medical illness, and these illnesses complicate the symptoms and management of each other. The second type includes people who have a psychiatric problem that is a direct result of a medical illness or its treatment, such as having depression due to cancer and its treatment. The third type of psychosomatic illness is somatoform disorders. Somatoform disorders are psychiatric disorders that are displayed through physical problems. In other words, the physical symptoms people experience are related to psychological factors rather than a medical cause.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Are you talking about the power of suggestion or the strength of someone's own will?
A person who is convinced of something like healing can exhibit
good health, when in fact they still have the illness laying dormant
inside of them.

Then there is also-- Psychosomatic illnesses can be classified in three general types. The first type includes people who have both a mental (psychiatric) illness and a medical illness, and these illnesses complicate the symptoms and management of each other. The second type includes people who have a psychiatric problem that is a direct result of a medical illness or its treatment, such as having depression due to cancer and its treatment. The third type of psychosomatic illness is somatoform disorders. Somatoform disorders are psychiatric disorders that are displayed through physical problems. In other words, the physical symptoms people experience are related to psychological factors rather than a medical cause.

umm -- i'm talking about people laying hands on you and praying for a physical ailment

i'll share my story w/ u or a portion of my story anyways. I have a medical condition that affects mainly both my legs n both my feet. 7 years ago, I was taking a class called Divine Healing. The last day of class they used for a healing/prayer service. Although i had huge doubts, i stood up to be prayed over. And about 5 to 6 other students wanted to be prayed for too. There was around 5-6 students in each group praying for those of us who wanted to be prayed for. Anyways, my group encircled me n layed their hands on my legs and on my shoulders n prayed for me for 15 min about. My mind drifted while they were praying for me, however, I felt God speaking to my heart and during that whole experience, i started to feel a lightness in my legs and then started to feel God's deep peace flowing throughout my legs -- I was at peace for the rest of the time. When they stopped praying, I got up to speak to the professor and when I stood up, i had absolutely no pain in my legs -- the pain was gone. I spoke w/ the prof, and he told me he was praying over each group, and he said, when he looked over at me, he could see the holy spirit at work and i could feel him at work. Well, that made me a believer and i praised and thanked God for that -- Besides feeling the deep peace in my legs, i felt his peace surrounding me in my heart (believe me, i kno that was him bc Jesus gave me that type of deep peace numerous times before)

Anyways, i ran and was telling everyone what Jesus did for me bc i was ecstatic. That lightness in my legs/the peace flowing throughout my legs lasted for an entire 24 hours to the second. The 2nd night, i prayed again and thanked him and was just talking to him for awhile. After i stopped praying n while i was just laying in bed, all of a sudden, i started to first feel the peace leave and then a little while after that peace left, i felt the lightness in my legs leave and the heaviness/pain return. I initially thought it was an attack from Satan and rebuked him in Jesus name but, it didn't work.

Initially, I was mad at God bc I thought he was just toying w/ me but after praying more bout it, I got the feeling that God was telling me that he had control over my situation and that he just wanted to show me that he could heal me if he wanted to but, he didn't want to at that moment -- why?? i have no idea -- i Don't kno if that was the Real answer from God or, just something i felt at that time.

However, over the last 7 years, my problem has increased dramatically and the pain has spread to other parts of my body and i've been getting more flare ups then i've ever gotten. The flare ups affect my legs/feet even more n it also spreads into my shoulders/arms/hands/fingers n have gotten the pain in my neck, back and chest a few times as well.

I only called it partial healing bc he did heal me for 1 complete day. Since that day, I've never had another day that i didn't have pain. The pain varies. Usually the pain is btwn 7-10 on a 10 pt scale but, on a FEW days, the pain has been low as a 2-3 outta 10 and for those days which are few n far btwn, i am truly thankful for.

I do not kno what God is trying to teach me thru this but, maybe as one of u have said, maybe he's trying ot teach me compassion towards others or something -- i am not sure!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Some people say your just a sinner if you arne't healed when you pray. BUt people forget God has plans for us. He may not make us sick, but if we become sick he will turn it into something good. I've been disabled sicne birth and it got worse at 16. Many people looked at me like I was a horrible person or something. And admitedly I was mad at God after 16 for a few years, mainly because lots of christians bashed me for not being healed.

But now I realize if I hadn't of gotten more disabled I wouldn't have learned some amazing lessons nor would I have met my fiance. Sure, I'd love to be healed. But if not I am ok with that to. Actually, given the chance from God I may prefer to stay disabled. Life me hard at times but my struggles make my testimony stronger and it helps people alot!

Sorry to go on and on lol. Trust me, you may feel heavet hearted now, but years later you will see Gods plan in action. I also realize that may not mean much since most people who hear that when down thinks its not helpful (just as I did), but you will see the good side later in life!

i understand what you're saying i think. I can't say i've learned anything as yet w/ this problem. I was born w/ this problem. And, it started getting worse around 11 years ago and each year that goes by, the pain keeps getting worse and it keeps spreading.

At one time when the pain was minimal, i was like, i don't need God to heal me, I can handle this pain. That was when i was little.

3 years ago, the pain started in both feet. Before then, I never had it in my feet, it was only in my legs. When i had gotten flare-ups, at that time, it was only in my legs/feet -- now when i get flare-ups, the pain shoots to my arms/shoulders and hands as well. Sometimes, I am in so much pain, i just wish i could die so i don't have to feel it anymore. I've tried praying often that God would at least decrease the pain for me but, usually he doesn't answer those prayers so, it's quite frustrating.

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can't say i've learned anything as yet w/ this problem.
Well think of it this way. We most of the time do not see the results of what we do in life. But everything we do has a ripple effect far beyond our knowing. When we die we will have knowledge of everything we have done and what it affected. For example, maybe a year from now someone will see this topic and realize they are not alone in their struggles. They will know others go through this too.

So this person feels better knowing this and starts live a even better life for God depsite thei disabilties. All because your post made them feel this way. And who knows. Because you changed them, maybe they will help a friend who is also the same but not a chrsitian. And that person will now become one because your actions caused a chain reaction.

I know its all complicated sounding to some degree. But even if we don't see improvment in our life and we don't see Gods plan per say in action, we know something good is happening because of of whats going on in our lives.

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
What should a partially healed person do?
Keep right on seeking the Lord each day
for His Grace is sufficient. Continue to hold fast to the teachings in scripture and living out what you read in the Bible.
Regardless of how the healing came to you, it is through God that you are truly sustained and the partially healed person should
endeavor to stay close to the Lord each day of his or her life.

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times]For I am sure that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on that day when Christ Jesus comes back again.[/FONT]

Fully rely on the Lord to see you through every event that will occur in your life.

Upvote 0

Ark100

The Lord is my Refuge
Mar 11, 2012
✟10,421.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
OP, are you sure it was a Jesus Christ inspired healing event? What I mean is are you sure it was Christ that healed you at first? I'm really surprised you went through this.
The enemy is very manipulative sometimes, he can give a temporary relief to someone only to hit them with something worse if one is not careful.
he's a liar, a deceiver and even sometimes pretend to speak to people's heart or ears like they think God will...
I just want to be sure you really had The Lord's encounter. Not all healing services are truly Christ inspired.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I actually posted this in another forum but haven't gotten any answers yet so, want to try posting it here too.

I know God still heals people as he wants to show them himself but, why would God only partially heal someone and then give it all back to them full force?? To me, if/when God does that, it's just like he's toying w/ them saying something like, well, this is what it would feel like If i healed you and If i took your pain away but, instead of healing you, I just wanted to give you a taste of what'd it would feel like but, oh, here you go, you can have the pain back again. Why would he do that????

I'll share why i'm asking this question after i get a few responses. This issue has laid heavy on my heart for the past several years and I just would like to know what you believe or what u may think about it??

And, if you have any verses to back up what your saying, i'd appreciate that too! Thanks!
Jesus is the healer,
the devil is the stealer.

I know that when God heals us that many times the enemy contests
the healing and will try to bring back pain and cause doubt to rise
against God's good intentions so that we will lose faith, blame
the Lord and lose the healing.

Remember Peter walking on the water?

Remember he did well until he looked around and became afraid and
lost his faith in the Lord's ability to enable him to defy the laws
of physics and he sank like a rock.

I have seen many people healed and then lose their healing because
of their own doubt and unbelief.

I have seen many receive relief but not a total healing.
I have seen many that were healed over time with much prayer.

I have seen someone healed instantly but retained side effects
such as soreness from paralyzed muscles that were not used for years.

Below is an incident of partial healing in which Jesus prayed and
the man could see imperfectly.
Jesus persevered and prayed again and gained the complete victory.

How many of us give up too quickly and blame the Lord?

Mark 8
22 Then He came to Bethsaida; and they brought a blind man to him,
and begged Him to touch him.
23 So He took the blind man by the hand and led him out of the town.
And when He had spit on his eyes and put His hands on him,
He asked him if he saw anything.
24 And he looked up and said, “I see men like trees, walking.”
25 Then He put His hands on his eyes again and made him look up.
And he was restored and saw everyone clearly.

The devil will come against supernatural healing with everything
he can because he wants to keep faith at a minimum and discourage
people from believing in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus had to lead the blind man OUT OF THE TOWN probably because the unbelief
was so great that it hindered the healing of the blind man that Jesus had to
pray for twice.

We are the varible in the equation.

Matthew 13:58
Now He did not do many mighty works there because of their unbelief.

God wants to heal His people as they put their faith in Christ but
the devil is ever ready to contest the healing that we receive from the Lord.

We live in a battle zone.

This world is not God's kingdom yet.

Jesus taught us to pray in this world that God's kingdom would
come and His will would be done on the earth as it is in Heaven
because God's perfect will is not done on this earth...yet.

Sin in a person's life is another reason that we can find ourselves without
faith or confidence in the Lord that He wants to heal us and
sin can be a door that can be left open to the enemy to
come in and steal a person's healing.

John 5:14
Afterward Jesus found him in the temple, and said to him,
“See, you have been made well.
Sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you.”

Supernatural healing is not always a walk in the park because those who
receive such blessings may very well have a target on their backs because
the enemy will work very hard to discredit what God has done in their lives.

Jesus raise Lazarus from the dead and from that day forward
Lazarus was a marked man.

John 12:10
But the chief priests plotted to put Lazarus to death also,

I know one woman who was miraculously healed from a paralyzing
stroke and the devil came aginst her marriage and her husbands
parents who ended up in a divorce.

1 Peter 5:8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about
like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

If you think that God is the problem and heals and then takes it away,
you are walking in a lie from the devil and will not be able
to have the faith you need to receive from God all His many benefits.

James 1 (this applies to healing also)
5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach,
and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting,
for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;
8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

After anyone has received healing and then the symptoms come back, then pray
shifts from one of asking for healing to one of rebuking the devil in Jesus name
and taking authority over the lies of the devil and kicking out his deception
from the healing.

Jesus is the Healer,
the devil is the stealer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bred11six

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
✟7,659.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hey bro if you look in Mark 6 it talks about how he couldnt do many miracles and healing because people had a lack of faith. People can only be healed because of their faith. If they lose that healing is because they did not keep their faith on healing. God is not a bad father and he doesn't toy with people. We are the imperfect ones and its up to us to do our part too and keep the faith always.

Upvote 0

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hey bro if you look in Mark 6 it talks about how he couldnt do many miracles and healing because people had a lack of faith. People can only be healed because of their faith. If they lose that healing is because they did not keep their faith on healing. God is not a bad father and he doesn't toy with people. We are the imperfect ones and its up to us to do our part too and keep the faith always.

i totally understand that. But, i didn't lose the faith. did you read the story i shared on the first page of this thread?? That explains what happened. I think it's the last post on the first page.

Btw, i'm not a guy.

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
i totally understand that. But, i didn't lose the faith. did you read the story i shared on the first page of this thread?? That explains what happened. I think it's the last post on the first page.

Btw, i'm not a guy.
Dear...
Don't blame God.
Run back to Him and allow others to lift you up in prayer.

God is not at fault as He has touched you and blessed you and
so His good intentions are clearly manifest in your inital blessing.

Run back to the Lord and repent of any blame and realize
that Jesus only did only good while on the earth and was perfect in all
His ways and yet He was lied against and murdered by crucifixion for you and me.

God is for you and if He is for you the who can be against you?

God is not against you.

Go back to the Lord and surrender your life to Him completely
and ask Him to deliver you from evil and to send you to those that
He will use to pray for you and restore the healing that He frst gave to
you which the devil has stolen away from you.

God is never to blame.

God is good and even though we live in a fallen world
whose god is the devil, God will deliver those who trust in Him.

Trust in Him again.

Renounce the lie that God is behind your loss of your healing.

Dedicate your life again to God in Christ and ask Him to fill you
with His Holy Spirit of love and truth.

Don't give up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0