Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
✟7,659.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
sk8brdkd said:
umm -- i'm talking about people laying hands on you and praying for a physical ailment

i'll share my story w/ u or a portion of my story anyways. I have a medical condition that affects mainly both my legs n both my feet. 7 years ago, I was taking a class called Divine Healing. The last day of class they used for a healing/prayer service. Although i had huge doubts, i stood up to be prayed over. And about 5 to 6 other students wanted to be prayed for too. There was around 5-6 students in each group praying for those of us who wanted to be prayed for. Anyways, my group encircled me n layed their hands on my legs and on my shoulders n prayed for me for 15 min about. My mind drifted while they were praying for me, however, I felt God speaking to my heart and during that whole experience, i started to feel a lightness in my legs and then started to feel God's deep peace flowing throughout my legs -- I was at peace for the rest of the time. When they stopped praying, I got up to speak to the professor and when I stood up, i had absolutely no pain in my legs -- the pain was gone. I spoke w/ the prof, and he told me he was praying over each group, and he said, when he looked over at me, he could see the holy spirit at work and i could feel him at work. Well, that made me a believer and i praised and thanked God for that -- Besides feeling the deep peace in my legs, i felt his peace surrounding me in my heart (believe me, i kno that was him bc Jesus gave me that type of deep peace numerous times before)

Anyways, i ran and was telling everyone what Jesus did for me bc i was ecstatic. That lightness in my legs/the peace flowing throughout my legs lasted for an entire 24 hours to the second. The 2nd night, i prayed again and thanked him and was just talking to him for awhile. After i stopped praying n while i was just laying in bed, all of a sudden, i started to first feel the peace leave and then a little while after that peace left, i felt the lightness in my legs leave and the heaviness/pain return. I initially thought it was an attack from Satan and rebuked him in Jesus name but, it didn't work.

Initially, I was mad at God bc I thought he was just toying w/ me but after praying more bout it, I got the feeling that God was telling me that he had control over my situation and that he just wanted to show me that he could heal me if he wanted to but, he didn't want to at that moment -- why?? i have no idea -- i Don't kno if that was the Real answer from God or, just something i felt at that time.

However, over the last 7 years, my problem has increased dramatically and the pain has spread to other parts of my body and i've been getting more flare ups then i've ever gotten. The flare ups affect my legs/feet even more n it also spreads into my shoulders/arms/hands/fingers n have gotten the pain in my neck, back and chest a few times as well.

I only called it partial healing bc he did heal me for 1 complete day. Since that day, I've never had another day that i didn't have pain. The pain varies. Usually the pain is btwn 7-10 on a 10 pt scale but, on a FEW days, the pain has been low as a 2-3 outta 10 and for those days which are few n far btwn, i am truly thankful for.

I do not kno what God is trying to teach me thru this but, maybe as one of u have said, maybe he's trying ot teach me compassion towards others or something -- i am not sure!

Ok I see the story that you were healed but then you were right Satan did attack you and you were right to rebuke but God did not tell you He was jus showing you that He could heal you. That was not Gods voice you should have asked the voice did Jesus come in the flesh and if it said no then it was of Satan. You fell for that voice and believed the wrong thing so Satan got you out of your healing. Thank God every morning for your healing and have no doubt jus believe it do acts of faith that you know your healed like run around do activities and show God that you still believe He healed you.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear gideon123. The man at the Pool, by the Gate of Bethesda, had been crippled and coming to the Pool for 38 years. I believe that Jesus healed him, because he had been unable to get into the Pool on his own. He told Jesus that every time he was trying to get into the Pool, someone else could get in faster. Jesus healed that man completely. I believe that Jesus knew of that man`s perseverence, and healed him there and then.
Perhaps Jesus was pointing out that the man`s patience and perseverance, deserved his instant healing? It makes me wonder if we ought to be more trusting and also praying. What do you think, Gideon? I ask this with love. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

CAOwen

May 20, 2019
Topsham
✟8,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
i totally understand that. But, i didn't lose the faith. did you read the story i shared on the first page of this thread?? That explains what happened. I think it's the last post on the first page.

Btw, i'm not a guy.

Hi Sk8brdkd!

God bless and I pray all goes well for you. I was originally a cessationalist but after I received a miraculous healing for my Ulcerative Colitis from a healer at John G Lake Ministries (ran by Curry Blake), I did switch to Pentecostal.

I think I can provide some insight based on my own experiences.

Faith is not required in the person being healed. Jesus commended faith when he saw it, because for healing to occur, it requires at least one person to have the faith it will work. Jesus as we all know always had faith in his own power so his faith alone was enough.

After a while, I was struggling with another serious illness but chose not to let a healer heal me, because I wanted to work on building my faith to heal myself. I remembered the healing I received from JGLM and I've seen at my local church and used this build my own faith, and eventually I got to the point where the faith was really there to accept my healing and the condition went away.

What happens in christianity is most people think they have faith when in reality, what people have is mutual assent, not true faith. But it's not within our human nature to easily just truly believe you will be healed.. our minds are naturally carnal. It's a mindset you need to break. Mind renewal.

Here's a case example:

1. If you were to try to command a person to be raised from the dead, and know inside that if it were to work, you would be shocked and surprised it worked.. then you couldn't have the faith to do it, because the shock and surprise meant you deeply didn't believe it could happen. But 99.999% of people are this way, which is why it's so incredibly rare to hear of any resurrections.

Remember the daredevil that pushed a wheelbarrow on a stick across Niagara Falls? People would easily cheer him on and support him... but how many people would sit in the wheelbarrow he is going to push across? That requires true faith. Virtually no one would do that.

It's not the best example, but I think it makes the point clear. Most christians don't have that kind of faith so it's difficult to see healings.

I would encourage you to take the DHTT training program at https://www.dominionlifemovement.com/training and the New Man Courses. This program teaches the problems with all the sacred cows that exist in cessationalist churches which causes disbelief in healings, so that the mind can be renewed. It's very useful for those that are sick as well.

Also, I am able to command healings myself, but am new to the healing business. If you wish to contact me privately here, I can do so. I only hesitate to do so here because your post was from years ago and I don't know your current condition. I would encourage you also to reach out to the Lifeteams at JGLM to receive healing as many have been doing it for years.

God Bless,
Alan

Upvote 0

CAOwen

May 20, 2019
Topsham
✟8,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Sorry I wasn't able to edit my post to clarify. I didn't mean literally healing "business" as in anything is charged. Some people may jump the gun and said I was trying to solicit money to help. I used the term loosely. I wouldn't charge anything and never have. God Bless.

Upvote 0