Manila
✟34,975.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm 26, I'm the only one christian here. They are catholic. They forced me to come with them visiting dead love ones. This is crazy. It was wasted my one day off, almost whole day.

Have you ever experienced this? Like your parents forcing you to their belief? This is crazy. When we were in the cemetery, they are praying to the dead. Talking to dead people.

• Friendly
Reactions: lismore

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm 26, I'm the only one christian here. They are catholic. They forced me to come with them visiting dead love ones. This is crazy. It was wasted my one day off, almost whole day.

Have you ever experienced this? Like your parents forcing you to their belief? This is crazy. When we were in the cemetery, they are praying to the dead. Talking to dead people.
I left home when I was 15, as soon as I left school. I went back about once a year. Even when I was in my 20's, my dad treated me as if I was still a child.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,016,495.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Catholic is Christian.

Respect your Mum and Dad. Honour your Mum and Dad...

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
One day out of a year. Think of it as spending time with your living relatives. Well my father used to make us listen to classical music . Hated it until I got that slept-through-entire-class A in music . I still love rock n roll and R n B . But I like opera !

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Kris Jordan

Acts 4:12
May 1, 2019
Southern California
Visit site
✟46,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi Aldrin25,

As a grown adult, your parents aren't "forcing you" to do anything. You are choosing to submit to their wishes, against your own convictions. My counsel would be to obey God rather than man. These invitations are a great opportunity for you to explain to them why you will not participate in these activities and then share the gospel with them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Kris gave some good advice. It is always the mind of God that we show grace while obeying God and keeping His "Word of Truth". You might explain to your parents (in writing if you cannot speak with them in person without a quarrel), that you can appreciate remembering family members who have died, but you do not believe the idea of 'speaking to the dead' and other ways that seem ungodly, as our Bible teaches. We all need to at least "honor thy father and mother" as God tells us. That does not mean we need to follow their religion.

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟698,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

At 26 they aren't "forcing" you to anything unless they held you at gunpoint...

If you don't want to go then tell them you decline the offer of going with them.

Pretty simple.

My son tells me if he doesn't want to do something, and while we may talk about the why depending on what it is, I always respect him and his choices - because I respect the person he is...

Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟844,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Catholics are Christian.

Consider it a way to honor your mother and father, and leave it at that. There's no need to add to it. Keep your side of the street clean, resist value judgments on the actions of others, and you might see the best intentions in what others do. Whatever the case, only concern yourself with yourself. Peace is not far from there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Requests for Christian Advice Statement of Purpose

Requests for Christian Advice is a non-debate area for members to ask and receive Biblically-based, Christian advice for a struggle they are encountering.

This means only give advice to the person who started the thread and don't debate them or anyone else.

posts deleted.png

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Since Catholics are Christians and you are one as well, I suggest you use the experience to bond more with your parents if you have the time but if you are busy you can let them know, you can also organize another activity for you all to experience next time. I liked attending weddings with my Mother and going out to eat with my Dad as well, now that they are both with the Lord I'm so glad ws shared those good times together

Upvote 0