Arizona
✟7,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
So, me (25F) and this guy (25M) have been best friends and engaging in a long distant relationship for a while now. We knew each other before I moved states and have been keeping in touch, getting closer over the years. My parents don't know the extent of our relationship except that we talk and hang out whenever I come to visit. The reasoning why is because they don't wanna hear it and are in disapproval. They don't think he is "the One" for me. Like I can do better than "settle" with him. They say this because I'm going to have a medical degree and he never finished college. The type of guy they see me with should be much more accomplished than that. They also are not huge fans of some of his extended family (aunts, cousins, etc) because of stuff they know.

I will admit that not being able to be as transparent with my parents about our relationship has hurt my relationship with them. However, no matter how hard I try, they don't listen to me. And I'm always so scared to talk to them because I know I'll get shut down every time.

They are set in their opinions that this guy is not for me. I can't convince them on my own. I love this guy and I can see myself married to him, having kids, and working really well together. I don't know what else to do but pray for God's guidance. Please pray for our situation and if anyone has any advice, please let me know!